February 12th, 2013, 13:19
Join Date: Mar 2012
Originally Posted by cal821
Thought I would share:
50 Lessons Life Taught Me.... finding truth one step at a time...
1. Life isnít fair, but itís still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Donít take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You donít have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. Itís more healing than crying alone.
8. Itís not OK to get angry with God even if He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it wonít screw up the present.
12. Itís OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Donít compare your life to othersí. You have no idea what their journey is óĖabout.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldnít be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But donít worry; God never óĖblinks.
16. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
17. You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
18. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
19. When it comes to going after what you love in life, donít take no for an answer.
20. It is never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, and the good place settings. Donít save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare and then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Donít wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important *** organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ďIn five years, will this óĖmatter?Ē
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Your job wonít take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in óĖtouch.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or óĖdidnít do.
35. Whatever doesnít kill you really does make you stronger.
36. Growing old beats the alternative Ė dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
38. Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone elseís, weíd grab ours óĖback.
41. Donít audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
42. Get rid of anything that isnít useful, beautiful or joyful.
43. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
44. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
45. The best is yet to come.
46. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
47. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
48. If you donít ask, you donít get.
50. Life isnít tied with a bow, but itís still a gift.
Thank you for reading my thoughts...
As Always I wish you peace
hello dave, just had another look at this, had a cry a laugh and a ponder its so good, just to say thanks.