Thread: Coping
View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2007, 09:18

Default Loss Of Our 18 year Old Son Jason

We lost our son Jason on the 8th of December, 2007 in a mini bike accident. 2:10 am came the knock no parent ever wants at their door. We had to identify our son at the accident only 4 - 5 blocks away from home. In some ways it has brought us all closer together but in some ways it feels as though we are torn apart. The only reason we got through Christmas so far is because of the other children. We have an 11 year old daughter who is angry because the last time she saw her brother they had an argument. She tried to hold things in and be strong but she finally broke down. I hate to say it but we are glad she did. Our 20 year old son is angry because he believes there was something more to it and that he no longer has his brother. They had so many plans. We as parents are angry, hurt, saddened and feeling lost. Never been through this before with our child. Been through this almost 10 years ago when I lost my half brother when he was 21 and most recently losing my grandfather, but not our child. We don't know how to cope and we don't know which way to go. We are hoping joining this forum assists us in our dealing with our loss.