The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Religion and spirituality
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 31st, 2018, 09:37

Eternal And True

The following is the essence of a teaching of the White Eagle group of guides from ‘The Gentle Brother’ Stella Polaris December 2015 / January 2016: ‘Train yourself to look beyond the end of your nose, away from the darkness of Earth life into the light of higher and highest realities. Focus on the things that are eternal and true, for they have been given to you to help you on your evolutionary journey. Maybe your present lifetime is a rosy passage and you are wafted along on wings of love or the opposite is true for you.

‘Of whatever nature your experiences are, never forget that through them we, the wise ones in charge of you in the world of light, are slowly but surely guiding each one of you and your whole world along an eternal evolutionary pathway of progress. On this road you are gradually becoming ever more aware of the perfect outworking of God’s great plan of life and Universal laws. Through this your consciousness is constantly expanding and your earthly self is growing in wisdom and understanding. ‘Ear hath not heard nor eyes seen’ the wonders of the heavenly state, to which all of you are moving.

‘The further you travel along this road, the more you can see for yourself that in truth there is no death, only a change of the dimensions you live in. As your inner eyes open, your vision opens to what kind of spiritual growth lies ahead and the beautiful conditions you are going to take part in. Refuse to look on the dark side of anything and never forget that whatever appears to earthly perceptions as a tragedy or disaster is part of the unfolding of God’s perfect plan. You can be sure that through the things that are happening in your world, behind the scenes on the higher and highest levels of life, God’s wise and loving power is bringing ever more beauty, kindness and goodness into your world. Divine wisdom creates light out of darkness and makes knowledge and wisdom grow from ignorance.

‘Through your younger and less evolved siblings, who are still in the process of getting to know the lower aspects of their nature, the Universal power shows the older and more highly evolved ones in your midst the senselessness and futility of all kinds of aggression and warmongering. This is teaching you the value and preciousness of human life and of peace.

‘And now open yourselves to the holy blessings of God, the Father/Mother and their only born Son/Daughter, the Spirit of the Universal Christ. Like incense from a communion table may our prayers of thanksgivings rise to the Heavens, the highest levels of life.’

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/
Old June 15th, 2018, 16:05

You Never Walk Alone

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don’t be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark.

Walk on, through the wind.
Walk on, through the rain.
Though your dreams be tossed and blown.
Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart,
And you’ll never walk alone,
You’ll never walk alone.

Richard Rogers

Recommended Viewing:
‘You Never Walk Alone’

The law of life is love and love is God and life, and that is the power behind the turning of the wheels of human and cosmic life. All of us, without exception, are sparks of the Universal Christ’s Light. Each is an individual in its own right who contains a full set of Divine characteristics, from the very best to the worst. At first these qualities only exist in us in seed form, waiting to unfold and develop when we have become sufficiently evolved.

On the inner level we are whole and do not need other people to make us so, even though for a long time it feels that way to ensure the survival of our species. Everybody has been blessed with the gift of free will and we eventually reach the developmental stage when we want to do nothing but freely and willingly surrender our whole being to the will and wishes of our Divine parents, the Great Father/Mother of all life, and their only born Son/Daughter, the Universal Christ.

Whenever a problem arises in our life, it’s best to hand it over to the Highest Forces of life by tuning the transmitter/receiver station of our earthly mind into the frequencies of the Angels of the Christ Circle, the throne of God. Their replies reach us through the living and breathing God within us. And that is the only authority in the whole of Creation who unfailingly knows the way of everything and the answers to all our questions. We may have to wait a while for them to come, but they will surely come and without fail show us the way forward.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : June 24th, 2018 at 10:49.
Old June 24th, 2018, 10:50

And Even The Light Of The Sun

And even the light of the Sun will fade, at the last,
And the leaves will fall, and the birds will hasten away,
And I will be left in the snow of a flowerless day,
To think of the glories of spring, and joys of a youth, long past.

Yet be silent, my heart! Do not count it a profitless thing,
To have seen the splendour of the Sun, of grass and flower!
To have lived and loved! For I hold that, to truly love if but for an hour,
Is better for man and woman, than endless cycles of blossoming spring.

From ‘Magdalen Walks’
Oscar Wilde

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : July 11th, 2018 at 09:54.
Old July 11th, 2018, 09:54

The Long And Winding Road

The long and winding road
That leads to your door
Will never disappear.
I’ve seen that road before,
It always leads me here.
Lead me to your door.

The wild and windy night
That the rain washed away
Has left a pool of tears,
Crying for the day.
Why leave me standing here?
Let me know the way.

Many times I’ve been alone
And many times I’ve cried.
Anyway you’ll never know
The many ways I’ve tried.

But still they lead me back
To the long winding road.
You left me standing here
A long, long time ago.
Don’t leave me waiting here.
Lead me to your door.

O Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life,
At last you have led me to your door.
What a long time I have been yearning for this,
Looking here, there and everywhere,
Leaving no stone unturned,
Only to find You right here and now,
Inside me.
I welcome You,
O living, loving Spirit into
My heart and our world.

John Lennon & Paul McCartney
Edited by Aquarius

Recommended Viewing:
‘The Long And Winding Road’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : July 12th, 2018 at 08:39.
Old July 12th, 2018, 08:39

To Our Loved Ones In Spirit

So far and yet so near, our spirits entwine.
There’s no divide between your world and mine.
Time is forever, no barriers exist,
Except those created by fear and resist.

Love is the solvent that breaks down all blocks.
It is the key that undoes all locks,
So I open my heart to the Highest light
And welcome its rays by day and night.

So far and yet so near, our spirits entwine.
Be still, beloved hearts.
There really is no divide
Between your world and mine.

Jennie Blowers
Edited by Aquarius
Stella Polaris December 2008/January 2009
Magazine of the White Eagle Lodge

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old July 21st, 2018, 08:02

I Know You By Heart

Midnights in winter.
The glowing fire
Lights up your face in orange and gold.
I see your sweet smile
Shine through the darkness,
Its line is etched in my memory,
So I’d know you by heart.

Mornings in April.
Sharing our secrets,
We’d walk until the morning was gone.
We were like children,
Laughing for hours.
The joy you gave me lives on and on.
‘Cos I know you by heart.

I still hear your voice
On warm Summer nights
Whispering like the wind.
You left in Autumn,
The leaves were turning.
I walked down roads of orange and gold.
I saw your sweet smile,
I heard your laughter,
You’re still here beside me every day.

‘Cos I know and still love you by heart.

Eva Cassidy wrote this song for her mother.
Naturally, the same goes for any loved one
who has passed into the world of light.

Recommended Viewing:
‘I Know You By Heart’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : July 21st, 2018 at 08:17.
Old August 9th, 2018, 09:33

Nothing Ever Dies

The following is the essence of a teaching from the White Eagle group of spirit guides that appeared in the Lodge’s calendar September 2012: ‘Before any kind of new growth and building can take place anywhere, there has to be a clearing of the land. This requires ploughing the Earth and cleansing the soil. The same is true for every human being. As soon as the physical conditions surrounding them have served their predestined purpose, they are cleared away. Yet, in truth nothing ever dies, neither the spirit and soul that dwells inside every physical body nor the atoms of that body. They too merely change their form and from the dust and ashes left behind at funerals new life is created.’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : September 15th, 2018 at 07:47.
Old September 15th, 2018, 07:48

Death Where Is Thy Sting?

Many are aware by now that we are eternal beings who cannot die and that therefore there truly is no death. Yet, to say: ‘Death is nothing!’ would belittle its significance. What is perceived by earthlings as death, when someone departs from this plane, is but a transformation and initiation into a different state of life, which every soul has to undergo at the end of each lifetime. I believe that eventually everybody will reach the level of awareness where they can accept that this is so. That’s how we shall save ourselves and our world a great deal of suffering and pain. You don’t have to take my word for it that this is true. How about trying the following for yourself?

Find a quiet space where you can be sure that no-one will disturb you for a reasonable length of time. The best and safest way of doing this is by first asking your Guardian Angel to stand by you, to guide and protect you and show you how to go about it. Then make yourself as comfortable as you can, light a candle, look into its flame, centre yourself by listening to the sound of your breathing until your whole being has become still. When you feel good and ready, imagine that your loved one is drawing close and wishes to communicate with you. Focus on your heart centre and listen to the words and feelings that may come from there.

Protected by your Guardian Angel, you rest securely in the knowledge that they will not represent messages from some ‘other world out there somewhere’ but that they really are from your own heart, where your loved now dwells. Slowly start reading from the following paragraph. Don’t think about the words or evaluate them, but focus your attention on the world of your feelings and the responses of your heart, for they are your inner guidance. This is what your loved one wishes to tell you:

‘I have not gone from you. I have merely slipped onto a different level of life. It’s very much like going into another room because all you do is withdraw from the outer plane of life and slip into its inner level, the spirit world. That’s where all human beings go when they leave their physical bodies behind. The spirit world is not a place ‘up there’ somewhere. It is an integral part of earthly life and on its innermost level dwells the Universal intelligence known as God. This is the source and wellspring of all life, from which we all once emerged and to which each one of us in the fullness of time will return. Every step on our evolutionary journey takes us closer to this goal.

‘Although I no longer dwell on the earthly plane, I am still myself and you are you. We always shall be. And because the essence of our being is eternal and immortal, it is impossible for us to die. I assure you I have not died. If anything, I am more alive now than I ever was before because I am once more fully aware of the most important part of me, my spirit and soul. You will find the same when you join me, one of these days. As far as I am concerned, whatever we have ever been to each other, that’s what we still are.

‘There is no need for our love to die because of my departure. The infinite wisdom of the Divine has provided that, on the contrary, through the experience of death human love grows stronger, deeper and purer, if the souls involved so wish. To help this along, I ask you to call me by my old familiar names. Let them be the well-known words they always were and say them without effort. Speak to me the easy way you used to do and let there be no difference in the sound of your voice. And don’t put on a forced air of solemnity or sorrow, but enjoy the jokes that made us laugh and express your amusement the way we always did together. Play with me and smile at me. Think of me and pray for me the way you always did. Never doubt for a moment that I can hear you, that I feel your love and that I shall always be with you, wherever you may have to go.

‘Life is eternal and the human spirit is immortal. Life is an absolute and unbroken continuity and in truth there is no death. On the inner level all is one and there you have always been as much part of me as I am of you. Nothing needs to change between you and me, just because I have gone through the great transformation ahead of you. Our relationship can remain the same it always was and between you and me life can continue to be everything it ever meant to us, if that’s what we both wish and I most certainly do.

‘My departure from the physical plane was no accident. It was meant to happen exactly when it did. For your sake – not mine – make an effort to accept this, the way I have done. And don’t believe anyone who tries to tell you that because I am out of your sight, I should also be out of your mind. That can only happen, if you want it to be that way. But if you still yearn for me, the way I long for you, the death of my physical body will offer many opportunities for coming closer to each other than it was ever possible before. I shall be alive in your heart, for as long as you want me to be there. That’s where you can find me and be with me, whenever you want to.

‘Thought is the most powerful force in the whole of Creation and I shall never be further away from you than a thought. This is how you can get in touch with me whenever you want. It’s as simple as that. I shall always listen when you need me and when you call me, and I will do my best to help and guide you. But in spite of all that, never forget that you and I now each have different lessons to attend to – you in the material world, and I in the world of light.

‘Therefore, let’s make sure that we give each other the necessary space and time, so that when we do meet we can come closer to each other than we ever did before for the sharing of precious moments, just like we used to do. Because all life rests safely in God’s loving hands, including yours and mine, all is well and that will not change. God and the Angels are constantly with you and me. And I forever will be I and you in all Eternity shall remain you. And I shall never forget you and stop loving you.’

The lower earthly mind is the only thing that separates us in this world from that of the spirit, our true home. But as soon as we approach it with nothing but love and gratitude in our hearts for the support our spirit helpers have always been giving us, our own clairvoyance and clairaudience begins to develop. Feeling the need to humbly stand or kneel before humankind’s spirit friends to receive the gift of the knowledge they are bringing on behalf of all humankind, signals our readiness to serve them and unselfishly act as one of their channels, so it can be brought to all who are in need of it in earthly life. It then does not take long until we realise that none of us ever stops being at one with the spirit world and all who are dwelling there now, not merely our loved ones.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old September 28th, 2018, 11:25

Friendships Are Forever

A teacher one day asked her students to list the names of their classmates on two sheets of paper and to leave a space between each name. Then she told them to think of the good things they could say about each other, to write them down and give the papers to her at the end of their lesson. At home the teacher wrote the name of each student on a separate sheet of paper and listed what the others had said about this person.

The next day she gave a copy of this list to her students. It didn’t take long until the entire class was smiling and whispers could be heard like: ‘Really?’, ‘I never knew that I meant anything to anyone.’, and ‘I didn’t know others liked me so much.’ The papers were never mentioned in class again, so the teacher had no idea whether her students had discussed them with each other or anyone else. This didn’t matter to her because the purpose of the exercise had been that her students should feel happier about themselves and each other. This mission had been accomplished and after a while the students moved on in any case.

Several years later, one of them by the name of Mark was killed in a car crash and the teacher was invited to his funeral. The young man looked very handsome in his coffin and the church was packed with his friends. One by one they walked past the deceased and the teacher was last in line. As she stood and blessed him one more time, one of the pallbearers came up to her and asked: ‘Were you Mark’s maths teacher?’ When she nodded, the man replied: ‘He talked about you a lot.’

After the funeral most of Mark’s former classmates went for a meal together. His parents were waiting to have a word with the teacher. ‘We want to show you something,’ the father said, taking a wallet out of his pocket. ‘This was found on Mark when he was killed. We thought you might recognise it.’ Carefully he removed two well worn pieces of notebook paper which the teacher recognised as the list of the good things Mark’s classmates had said about him many years ago.

‘Thank you so much for doing that,’ the mother said. ‘As you can see, Mark treasured his list.’ His former classmates had gathered around and were listening. One of them said: ‘I too still have my list. I keep it in the top drawer of my desk at home and have a look at it whenever I feel down.’ One of the wives of her former students stepped forward with: ‘My husband asked me to put his list into our wedding album.’ ‘I also have mine,’ another former student said: ‘I keep it in my diary.’

A woman reached into her handbag. Pulling her rather frazzled looking list out to show to the group, she said: ‘I always carry it with me. I everybody has kept their list. In moments of weakness and self-doubt I look at mine and it gives me a warm feeling inside to know that so many people thought of me so well. They are my friends and will always love them. I do believe there is an afterlife and each time I think of Mark, I sense that nothing has changed between us and that he still loves us as much as we love him. The words made the teacher cry and she felt she was weeping as much for Mark as for everyone who would never be able to see him again in this world.

The pace of life these days is so fast that we are in constant danger of forgetting that inevitably our Earth life has to end one day. Nobody knows when that will be for any one of us. Why not make a point of every so often telling the people you love and of whom you think highly how special and important they are to you. Do this before it’s too late and they have passed onto the other side of the veil of consciousness that separates Earth life from the world of light, our true home.

Friendships are not merely gifts for one lifetime, they can last forever – if that’s what we want them to be and take good care of them. Aquarius is the sign of friendship and kinship with all life and the times we are living in are all about these themes. That is why friendships are becoming of ever greater importance. Even the smallest efforts in this respect are never wasted, because all our friendships – new and old ones – will accompany us into all subsequent ones. We are quite literally taking them with us into Eternity. And even if someone has already crossed the bridge into the world of light, it is not too late to send them our love and blessings. The spirits and souls there are in as much need of them as anywhere – maybe even more so. Some of them come to my mind, in particular family members with whom it was impossible, for one reason or another, to make peace while they still dwelled with us on this plane.

Focussing on that which is good and positive in people is a wonderful aid to building solid and lasting friendships. It creates an appreciation for each other that is based on love and goodwill. That is the best foundation for keeping friendships going, while criticism very easily destroys them. When I find out someone’s Sun sign, I find it much easier to be tolerant towards their foibles and idiosyncrasies because I realise that when people are stilled ‘ruled by the Stars’ they just cannot help the irritating and annoying things they are doing. See the link at the end of this article.

To illustrate this with an example, one of my friends is a Sun Virgo, an Earth sign, with his Sun in the first house, the natural domain of Aries, a Fire sign. True to his Virgo approach to life he loves nit-picking and looking for flaws in everything that comes his way. Because he is frequently unable to see the wood for the trees, he blurts out the first thing that comes to him, instead of getting his mind into gear before speaking. In addition to these negative characteristics of his Sun sign, he also displays a collection of the Arian ones, the house position of his Sun. He very rapidly jumps to conclusions – the wrong ones, more often than not – and loves shooting first and asking the questions, if any, afterwards. Through this he usually misses the point I am trying to make completely. On top of all these things he is always on the lookout for someone to cross swords with – Aries again.

Being familiar with his birthchart, I know that he just cannot help himself, because he really is still ruled by the stars. What this means you can find out by following the link at the end. My knowledge enables me to smile to myself when he launches one of his attacks, rather than getting angry and annoyed. Then I forgive him and still think of him as my friend, which I certainly am.

For those who are interested in self-mastery, the ultimate goal of our earthly education, astrology can be a wonderful lifehelp that provides pointers about the negative traits of their earthly nature. Becoming aware of them puts the tool into their hands for working on rising above and overcoming them. By studying my interpretations of the Sun signs for any of your friends, with a bit of practice you will soon be able to recognise how much of their behaviour is part of their main life’s lessons, revealed by the sign and house position of our Sun sign. Reading my notes about your own Sun sign will go a long way towards overcoming your troublesome habits and characteristics. Take a look at the links below and find out for yourself how through a better understanding of your friends your connection with them can become much more smoothly running.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old October 4th, 2018, 11:39

If I Knew

If I knew it would be the last time
That I’d watch you fall asleep,
I’d make you as comfortable as I can
And pray to the Highest to keep you safe, forever.

That I see you walk out of the door,
I would give you a hug and a kiss
And then call you back for one more.

I heard your beloved voice,
I would make a recording of it,
So I could hear it whenever I wanted.

If I knew it would be the last time,
I could spare an extra minute
To stop and say: ‘I love you,’
Instead of assuming that you know I do.

I would be there to share your day,
And I hope you still have many more,
I would not let this one slip away.

I trust there will always be tomorrow
To make up for each oversight,
And that we shall get a second chance
To make things between us just right.

That there will always be another day
To say: ‘I love you,’
And another chance
For saying: ‘Anything I can do?’

But just in case that I am wrong,
And today is all I get,
I’d like you to know how much I love you
And that I shall never forget you.

There is no promise for tomorrow for anyone,
Young or old alike,
And today may be the last chance
To hold our loved ones tight.

So instead of waiting for tomorrow,
Why not do it today?
For if tomorrow never comes,
We shall not have to regret it

That we didn’t take a bit of time
For a smile, a hug and a kiss,
And that we aren’t too busy to grant someone
What turns out to be their last wish.

So let’s hold our loved ones close today
And whisper in their ear
How much we love them
And that we shall always hold them dear.

Let’s take time to say things like: ‘I’m sorry.’
‘Please forgive me!’, ‘Thank you.’ and ‘It’s okay!’
And should tomorrow never come,
There will be no need for regrets
About having missed a day.

Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files