The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a child
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 12th, 2010, 00:37

Default 10 yr old daughter killed

2 years ago my 10 yr old daughter was killed in a horrific accident. It has been a long hard journey, and I know I have a long way to go yet. As a suggestion to others I made a website in her memory www.elliesand.com

This is my gift to me since I will never be able to give her a wedding, a graduation etc. I view this as a present to her. Just a suggestion to others out there. If you have time please look it over www.elliesand.com Thank you!
Old May 16th, 2010, 17:33

Default Create a Memorial for your loved one with a Heritageg Maker Storybook!

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. I am a Heritage Maker Publishing Consultant and I have found alot of comfort in creating memorial storybooks for loved ones. This is a short article that I have published and I think it may be of some interest to you and others.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creating a memorial to someone you have lost is one of the ways you can deal with the grieving process. The impact of the finality of death is often hard for many of us to deal with and talking about it can help. Many people find talking about their loss is not always easy. Grief is such a personal experience that many times we will close down communication and hold it all in rather than talking about how we are feeling. This is why storybooks for healing can be a powerful tool to help you during the grieving process.

It is not an easy process dealing with the loss of a loved one.

When you lose a parent, a sibling, a husband or wife or a close friend, the sense of loss is devastating. Those who are left behind often berate themselves for not spending more time with the person they lost. They feel that they should have done more to show them how much they loved them. These feelings of guilt are natural during the grieving process because we have such a sense of loss that it is hard for us to accept the person is gone.

If the death is a sudden one, this makes it even more difficult. When someone is terminally ill, there is a period of time when your mind begins to accept the fact that they are not going to get better. However, this does not take away the sorrow and pain that we are feeling.

You can find closure through 'The Power of Story'.

When using storybooks for healing to write down these feelings as well as many of the things we remember about the person, this can create a memorial that can be viewed at any time. It will help you to put into words the memories, the thoughts you are having and the way this has made you feel. All of these feelings are crucial to allowing yourself to grieve over the loss you have experienced and begin the healing process.

Everyone grieves. It may not be immediately, but eventually this must happen. One of the best ways to create a memorial to preserve your memories and the feelings you are experiencing is writing. All the feelings you are having can be expressed in this manner without physically talking to someone. Sometimes our feelings are so personal that we do not want to talk about them when the pain and loss is so new. It is much easier to write down what you are feeling.

The story you write can be the key to allowing the healing to begin and the person to be remembered fondly. Remembering the good times and the laughs you shared can be a huge part of the healing process. Although you may not realize it at the time, the memorial you are initiating with this storybook is something that will last a lifetime and will become a precious part of your memories.

Many years from now, you can look at the storybook you have written about this person and remember them fondly because you created a healing process to allow you to handle your feelings. More powerful than the greatest monument you could erect, this is a memorial you can create to honor the people you love.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Written and submitted by Pat Klassen, Personal Publishing Consultant with Heritage Makers. http://www.creatingstories.com and owner of http://www.scrapbooking-plus-stories.com

This is a memorial storybook that I created for my mother, Eugenie Campbell 1926-2009

http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBrowserStandAlone.cfm?projectId=1098981&pro ductId=5&projectSponsor=335725
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:59

Oh, what a beautiful site and a beautiful girl now an angel above. x
Old January 13th, 2011, 15:54

Default what a great idea...

hello, i just read of the passing of your 10 year old daughter a few years ago. im new to this website, but found your idea of creating a website for Ellie ingenious.

im usually very creative with expressing myself, but with the recent death of my future brother-in-law (he just turned 10 years old, on sunday january 9th, 2011) i find myself absent minded and looking for him still in my environment... or at work in the office , sometimes just staring at the ceiling hoping to hear his voice just one more time... as i was not with him during his passing back to mother earth.

i viewed him like a little brother (i am 25 yrs old now)... even a son (although his father is a great man). i do intend to create some sort of memory of him, never thought about a website though... so im hoping to start that soon.

im also searching for strength, as I need to console my girlfriend (whom i intend to marry soon, thereby making her half-brother my future brother-in-law)... i really miss him

when lives are lost at such a young age, what are you left with ?
Old March 5th, 2011, 10:36

Default I am so Sorry for Your Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johncsand View Post
2 years ago my 10 yr old daughter was killed in a horrific accident. It has been a long hard journey, and I know I have a long way to go yet. As a suggestion to others I made a website in her memory www.elliesand.com

This is my gift to me since I will never be able to give her a wedding, a graduation etc. I view this as a present to her. Just a suggestion to others out there. If you have time please look it over www.elliesand.com Thank you!
I too lost a child..my son, my best friend, there doesn't seem to be answers just questions. I joined a Group called Compassionte Friends (it is for people who lost a child) and it helps to be around others that have an understanding for what I am feeling. I will pray for you. I checked out your website and it is a Beautiful Tribute to your Daughter. Fran