The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a child
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 21st, 2011, 04:53

Default lost my only granddaughter after only 15 hours of precious life.

I have just lost my only grandaughter who was alive for only 15 hours and after lung problems (after a perfectly normal pregnancy and delivery). She was the most beautiful perfect baby and I am at my wits end with grief, not only for my grandaughter but for my daughter and son in law who have lost their only child. I cannot stop crying, but don`t think I really want to to be honest. I am frightened of forgetting her and will do my upmost to make sure she is loved in my memory forever. I have had this on top of the death of my nephew in November who was killed fighting in Afghanistan. I am very lucky in that I have a wonderful close family and a brilliant extended family so we are all together in this grief. I have never had any real religious convictions before and this has certainly not helped. Please feel free to comment . I really appreciate hearing off other people.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 13:39

Shalom in Yeshua Barrieoliver, I am always very saddened to hear of the death of a child. I am also sorry to hear of the death of your nephew fighting for his country. Life can sometimes be very cruel. Having lost two sons myself, I can certainly relate to your grief. In some ways it does not seen natural for parents to bury their children it should be them burying us.

When it happened to me I took the 'Sermon on the Mount' literally. I suppose I challenged God to tell me why he had taken my boys. I knocked, I asked, and I sort and the door was eventually opened to me. The experience for me developed into an even greater faith in God.

All I can say to you is that we are told that there is a part of Sheol especially for children. Here they are tended by angels and develop and become angel like.

Your nephew too will be in Sheol. It is said that 'no greater gift can a man give than to lay down his life for his friends'. You my friend are in some ways privileged to already have two saints in the next life waiting to greet you and their parents when the time comes.

I have already said a prayer for you and your family to be comforted. All you can do is be there for each other, love, and talk. Let the tears flow and know that you will never forget her or your nephew. I will also say some special prayers for your daughter and son-in-law.

May God bless you
Tom
Old January 2nd, 2012, 15:01

Hi I am so sorry to here of the loss of your baby Grandaughter, we lost our first baby daughter in 2003 who was still born so we know what you are going through, we are not religious one little bit if they were a god then this would have not happened to us, you will not forget about your Grandaughter, she still is your Grandaughter after all.

We have pictures all over the house of our Daughter and if anyone asks how many children we have we reply 2 and not 1, don't be afraid to talk to your Daughter/Son and show the love you have for your Grandaughter.

The pain of your loss will ease a little over time and you just have to learn to live with the pain I am afraid to say, we visit our Daughters grave weekly and Christmas, Easter and Birthdays are the hardest we take memorials to our daughters grave throughout the year, through our experience we know how hard it is to find truly beautiful memorials so we now sell them on our website and eBay, if you need someone to talk to feel free to P.M me.

Best wishes

Dave