The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a child
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 19th, 2011, 11:11

Default My angels Layla & Emma

I am Tasha I am a mother to two beautiful girls here on earth still. As well as a mother to my twin daughters Layla & Emma who are in heaven. My spouse and I wanted nothing more than to grow our family larger. We found out at 24 weeks we were having twins. 2 Weeks later we went for our unltrasound at the high risk unit because our twins were sharing the same sac. We hoped at this appt we would be able to find out the *** of our babies, because they had been so close to one another at the last appt they were not able to determine their ***. The ultrasound lasted 2 hours at the end the doctor came in and no one spoke to me. I lay there knowing something must be wrong. Why hadn't they told me their ***? Why was it taking so long? The doctor took us into a private room and informed us that the smaller of our two twins was not getting any nutrients and had fluid all around her heart and a very slow heartbeat. He then told us the other twin was receiving far too much nutrients and the heart was inflamed with fluid. Our option was to deliver the babies with a 2 % chance for the one twin to live and no chance of the other. He continued to tell us the one twin would need heart surgery, and the brain was not fully developed and that we had to think of the family we already had. Our other option was termination which i could feel was what they were trying to advise me towards. It was a horrible week of wondering what to do, In the end we decided to let them goto heaven together. We decided to terminate.. I wanted theses babies but could never imagine to pain the one must go through with such a small chance at survival. I couldn't put her through that. September 30th I gave birth to my daughters Layla and Emma, they lived for minutes. I held them loved them, and never wanted to let them go. I cry daily for them. I find it hard to continue living. I wanted them so badly. I hope the pain will ease.
Old October 21st, 2011, 10:34

Shalom in Yeshua Tasha, I am so sorry this has happened to you and your family. My heart goes out to you all. Mother nature sometimes gets things wrong. You must never feel that you were responsible in any way, you weren't!! I will pray for you and your family to be comforted this evening.

You are right when you say that your girls have gone to heaven, they have actually gone to a very special part of heaven, an area just for children, where they are tended by the angels. Here they will grow and become almost angelic in appearance, and when it is time for you, their father and siblings to go home guess who will be ready to greet you all.

Having lost two boys in infancy myself I can certainly relate to you and the way you must be feeling. This is something that comforted me and I pray that it does the same for you. We all want to give our children everything we can, but the one thing we cannot give them is heaven, and thats what has been given to Layla and Emma!!

May God bless you
Tom