The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a friend
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 11th, 2007, 22:20

After one of my very best friends died in 2001, I try to end all my conversations with my friends and family by saying, "I love you." Even if they know it, that's the kind of thing you can't possibly say often enough.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:13

You are right. You don't know what tomorrow is going to bring. And how long you will have your loved ones with you. Treasure every minute you have with the people you love.
Old August 25th, 2007, 18:05

Default Loss of a friend

I lost a good friend a few years ago. We were friends for years. She had cancer and died. We camped next to one another for almost twenty years, and for a long time it was hard to go camping . Her husband still camps there, and so many times I would find myself watching for her to walk out of the camper, and then I would realize she was gone. I still think of her a lot. I will never forget her, and the good times we had together.
Old August 31st, 2007, 21:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
After one of my very best friends died in 2001, I try to end all my conversations with my friends and family by saying, "I love you." Even if they know it, that's the kind of thing you can't possibly say often enough.
I started doing this a few years ago after my uncle died suddenly. It freaked people out at first, I got a lot of awkward pauses before they returned the sentiment. Now my friends will often say it to me first before I get the chance. It seems corny to strangers, but to me, my friends and loved ones, it's become a requirement and we are very happy with it.
Old July 15th, 2008, 11:35

I have just seen your post and felt that I had to respond. I truly am sorry to hear of your loss. My best friend has just been given 2 months to live following a tough battle with breast cancer. She too is only 29 and will leave a husband and a daughter who isn't even 2 yet. I feel so sad and can't get myself together. How are you coping now? Can't help but think how unfair life can be sometimes.
Old June 4th, 2009, 04:00

I feel sorry for your loss. I have also lost my friend suddenly. He was married and left their wife and one son. Its very hard time for the family. I also trying to heal your grief.
Old March 20th, 2010, 15:14

I lost my very best friend 5 years ago suddenly and unexpectedly due to a virus. She was 39.

I was devastated at the time, and still think about her all the time. My life has a huge hole in it since she died, which will never be filled by anyone else. I still cannot talk about her without getting upset.

I agree with the person who said that friends are often the forgotten mourners. I don't think I will ever get over losing her - we were soul mates, and nobody will ever come close to being such a good friend and understanding me as she did.

I miss her so much.