The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of other family members
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 31st, 2011, 15:59

Default my husband died of cancer 5 weeks ago,miss him so much feel so alone even thou i have children and friends, my parents died too, just want to speak to

people whi know how i feel
Old August 31st, 2011, 18:53

I know how you feel, my husband died of cancer 6 weeks ago. I feel so alone.
Old September 1st, 2011, 03:51

why is life so unfair, i know how you feel, maybe we could chat as im sure we have much in common. sending you a hug xx
Old September 1st, 2011, 13:26

Shalom in Yeshua cazcazcaz, I am sorry for the loss of your husband. Know that I have already said a prayer for you and your children to be comforted.

You have come to the right place, as we have all lost loved ones here. We know how you feel and want to help you through this.

May God bless you
Tom
Old September 1st, 2011, 13:32

Shalom in Yeshua WendyG, I understand the pain you are going through also. Cancer is a nasty illness, but you don't have to go through this alone. Everyone here is willing to help you.

Please start a thread and share your feelings. I know your husband died as a result of pancreatic cancer but that is all you have told us.

May God bless you
Tom
Old October 1st, 2011, 03:03

I to have lost my husband 3 weeks ago to Melanoma Cancer. He fought this
horrible disease for 22 months. He was told on Melbourne Cup day 2009 he would only live for 4 to 6 months. By staying positive as one can possibly be in a situation like this and my drive to find out as much as possible about how to try and control the spread of the disease drugs and whatever else I could possibly find out. The fight is now over he is now free from this cancer it now no longer has it's grip on him. I miss him and there are times when I think he is just sitting in the lounge room, and going to ask me what is for dinner. But I have to tell myself that he is not. We have 2 beautiful children aged 14, and I now have to be strong for both of them and myself, after fighting this along side of my husband, I feel lost as what to do, no more appointments at the hospital driving 4 to 5 hours every 3 weeks, no more pills to dispense, helping showering, and dressing him and to walk and eat.
I have looked forward as far as Christmas is concerned, I have booked us a holiday to Europe as I think we deserve it. So now I have done that what to do next to fill my days to keep my mind busy.
Old October 1st, 2011, 05:57

Shalom in Yeshua Whitedove, I am sorry for the loss of your husband. Having the knowledge that he only had a few months left allowed you and your twins to prepare yourselves. I suspect you shed many a tear during that time.

You must keep talking to each other about him. Visit places you had family holiday at. This will also help. Then emerse yourself in something, a hobby, sport, or the twins school.

May God bless you on your travels
Tom
Old October 1st, 2011, 06:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom-fisherman View Post
Shalom in Yeshua Whitedove, I am sorry for the loss of your husband. Having the knowledge that he only had a few months left allowed you and your twins to prepare yourselves. I suspect you shed many a tear during that time.

You must keep talking to each other about him. Visit places you had family holiday at. This will also help. Then emerse yourself in something, a hobby, sport, or the twins school.

May God bless you on your travels
Tom
Thanx for the reply, surprised anyone is reading.
Old October 1st, 2011, 06:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedove View Post
Thanx for the reply, surprised anyone is reading.
Even though we knew what was ahead,we still had know idea what was going to happen to him from this disease. You see doctors are not permitted to tell the patient what will happen to them, they will tell you everyone is different that is why we cannot say. It still does not make it any easier being told you are going to die from a horrible disease is shocking to the core. There were many a time when we felt like driving off a cliff together just to end it. But then the cancer would of won. I made a decision a long time ago that I would write a book about our journey with cancer. This is something that I will probably concentrate on early next year. It is not just the disease, it is the hospitals, the staff every time you go they all ask the same question.
Why are you here today, when did this start, how do you feel. And the trials we tried to get on for certain drugs, and the red tape within the hospital system are all part and parcel of the disease as well. And then there are people you thought were your friends then they dissappear because they cannot handle the situation and what it is doing. But one thing I have learnt from all of this do ask questions lot of them, if you are not happy with the answer keep asking till you are. Do not wait for medical people to tell you anything,ask ask ask again. Remember the person you love is sick and needs help you are the only one who can do this for them. Keep fighting to you have exhausted every avenue.
Old October 21st, 2012, 15:22

Default Horrible journey

Hello It's such a horrible journey we have been on ups and downs the hope taken away with just a few words , it's been 5 months for me now and I miss her just as much , I think if we all wrote a book it would read the same and have the same ending xx love mart