The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a friend
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 17th, 2008, 19:14

Default lost a good friend

i have lost a friend a mth ago now and i wanted to say alot of things and i thought i wud have that other chance but he was gone the nxt day and i never got to say wat i wanted to say to him and now i hate myself and i think to myself that i want to be with him so i can tell him everything, i lost a friend in july to the same thing and now i lost harri to the same thing, how do i cope through this hard time.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 19:55

Default loss of a good friend.

hey yeah i am trying to take each day as it comes but no matter wat i do it just never seems to go away and it hurts so much, i just cant deal with it and i have never felt like this.
Old November 25th, 2008, 13:47

melissa,

I'm sorry for your loss. You know you can still tell him how you feel. Some people go to the grave of their loved one and have a chat and it seems to help. I'm in England and my mum is buried in Scotland but I occasionally buy some roses, her favourite flowers, and put them in a pretty vase and set them in the centre of the dinning table saying, "Here you are mum, just for you." I feel her enjoy them and, sounds daft but they seem to last longer than any other flowers I buy.
Old June 4th, 2009, 03:34

This is really a hard time for you because you have lost two friends. You have join their funeral for RIP. Best friends are difficult to find.
Old June 15th, 2010, 16:47

Send a message via AIM to hollywood
Default Hi newbie here....

Hi. I am new to this forum. I am a college student and I joined because I feel... well desparate really for support and comfort. I lost a college friend, 8 months ago now, and, well I'm feeling lost really. It feels like old wounds that just won't quite heal, you know?
I rembember how devastated I was when I was told he'd passed away.... I so wanted to talk to him before it was too late, but never managed to before he passed away. He was only 17 - on a permanant ventilator, so I already knew he was very vulnerable. I wanted to talk to him about this - the fact that I had a feeling he might not be around for much longer, and had he thought about this etc. However, with being not brave enough to broach the subject I let him pass me without sayng anything about it.

48 hours later on Saturday Octobor 10th 2009 he d..... I'm sorry I can't bear to write the word in full. I miss him sooooo much, and lately the pain seems too much to bear the pain and tears aren't stopping.

I have also lost my Great Aunty Pam nearly a month later - 2nd Nov. 09 which devastated the entire family. Also still sorely miss my friend, Harry Marshall. He passed away at college 2nd Nov. 07. I didn't know him very well but I still talked to him and regretted our silly arguments.

Sorry for the long post. I just miss them so much and the pain and loneliness of it all keeps hitting me lately, and feels like it won't ever cease.

I'm a Christian and yet I'm still finding it so hard to fully accept they've left me. The emotional pain seems endless

Would be really really grateful for someone's reply as I feel so alone and down right now. The severe emotional pain is taking over .

Love Hollywood xxxxx