The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Religion and spirituality
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 17th, 2011, 10:17

Default The Mansions of Heaven

Then I saw a man of God examining his appointed mansion from a great distance. When this man, in company with the angels, arrived at the door of his appointed mansion, he saw written on it in shining letters the word "Welcome," and from the letters themselves "Welcome, Welcome," in audible sound was repeated and repeated again. When he had entered his home, to his surprise he found The Lord there before him. At this, his joy was more than we can describe, and he exclaimed, "I left The Lord's presence and came here at His command, but I find that The Lord Himself is here to dwell with me." In the mansion was everything that his imagination could have conceived, and everyone was ready to serve him. In the near-by houses, Saints, like-minded to himself, lived in happy fellowship. For this heavenly house is the Kingdom, which has been prepared for the Saints from the foundation of the world (Matt. 25:34), and this is the glorious future that awaits every true follower of the Messiah.
Old July 30th, 2011, 07:14

Lightbulb

Hi friends,

The meaning of the word "mansions" is "residence". if we expand the meaning of the word 'house' to mean 'household' or 'family' it's still like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. The Spiritually Immature Mansion: Many Christians fail to fully mature in their faith. These folks cling to juvenile ways, a play house would be a fitting home for them.

Thanks a lot.
Brok Born
Old July 30th, 2011, 07:50

Shalom in Yeshua Brok Born, thank you for your comments, but I am not sure what you are actually saying. Perhaps you would like to expand your comments.

May God bless you
Tom
Old March 22nd, 2012, 13:23

Shalom Tom, I have just read the" mansions in Heaven", Jesus said, " I go there to prepare a place for you, if this were not so I would have told you " I am so thankful to Him for dying in my place and shedding His precious blood for all our sins. My hubby had come back to God through his illness, we believed in His healing and still do, now he is completely healed and whole. But God had His reasons for bringing Giuls home, maybe he was going to walk away from God further on in the journey.
I came to Christ in 1992, I will be 20 years old in Yeshua in May this year. The reason I am sending this post is to ask a question, can Giuls see me from Heaven, is he still remembering me and helping me? Does he still love me? I have fallen in deeply in love with him all over again. I wouldn't ask this question of my church family, they may accuse me of contacting the dead and so I am a little afraid of saying such things to them and feel alone in this fear. I do know that rejection in my life before knowing my husband 37 years ago may have something to do with this fear. When Giuls was taken home to my precious Jesus I was jealious that he saw Jesus and Abba before me, can you believe that? what a wicked thing to think about a loved one.

I have given words of encouragement to others and yet I feel so abandoned sometimes. And I have read so many heart breaking stories on the forum and now feel guilty for being so selfish. If you can understand all this mess, I would very much value your prayers and godly and wise council.

Many thanks

G-d bless in Yeshua.

Chrissie Umek.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 15:02

Default Chrissie to answer your questions

As to you husband seeing and helping you I definitely think so! I think our loved ones are the "witnesses" spoken of in this verse:

Hebrews 12:1~

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

To answer your questions.... Does my husband Giuls see me from Heaven, is he still remembering me and helping me? Does he still love me? He will never forget you!! He will always love you and I'm quite sure he is looking down upon you right now... sending you his love... He will always be there to help you and I'm quite sure he hears you speaking to him..

You don't need to go to a psychic to know this.. Pray to the Holy Father for insight and guidance and you will be answered.. Ask your husband Giuls to come to you in your dreams and he will visit you in time..

Our loved ones who have passed may not be able to be with us physically anymore on this causal plain... But I'm quite sure they can see us clearly from there position with the Holy Father in Heaven. They are always with us spiritually 24/7 365 days a year .. That is a guarantee not a promise.

You wait in time your husband will grace you with a sweet dream.. in which he will come to visit you.. you will wake up from that dream feeling ecstatic and happy.. It will come.. have faith and he will come to visit you if you ask.

I wish you peace Chrissie

Cal821
Yet no person is really alone;
those who live no more echo still within our thoughts and words,
and what they did has become woven into what we are.

I wish you peace and a level path on your journey...

Cal821
Old March 23rd, 2012, 08:42

Shalom in Yeshua Chrissie, thank you for asking the question. All I can only tell you is what my brothers and sisters in faith are taught. Try not to speculate on why he went home. When it's our time we go. It's that simple.

When a human being dies, believer or not, their soul enters Sheol. There are many levels in Sheol. There are the higher levels and lower levels. At one end we have heaven and at the other end we have Gehenna (Hell) with many levels in between. We are taught that if you have lived a good life, regardless of whether you believe in God or not you enter towards the upper levels. If on the other hand you have not you enter at the lower levels. The level is decided for us by God based on how we lived our life.

Why have such a place. Basically out of Godís love for us. He knows the corrupting influence of the evil one all around us and He designed this place as a place where we can be purified and be taught the truth. Even Yeshua Himself went there after he was crucified. Not for purification I might add but, he remained there for three days. An atheist can be a good person, and a religious person can be wicked. This is why it exists.

What happens next, well we are greeted by our loved ones and angels come to us and we are given the opportunity to learn about God and his ways. This period is a form of purification during which as long as we accept what we are being taught then we ascend to higher levels and after a short period of time we enter heaven. Sheol should not be viewed as a place of punishment for the good, it is more a place to learning in the presence of holy beings.

In the lower levels however there are the spirits of darkness. Let me assure you these spirits have no authority over a believer in God or the Messiah so they tend to belong in the lower levels of Sheol. They try to influence those who have no understanding with lies and falsehoods in those levels. We are taught that our entire lives, what we did or didn't do, our secrets, the lot is on show to everyone around us. There is no place to hide, and so those who have been really wicked try to hide their shame in the darkness and descend to the lower levels.

There are some souls who feel that they are in a dream they just cannot believe it, so they just stay where they are content amongst similar souls, ignoring everything being said to them. This is their free will. We cannot change that. Those who do accept what they are taught find paradise and the presence of the Almighty Father.

What happens to those who are content where they are? Well Yeshua Himself said that when He comes to Judge the living and the dead, heaven and Hell (Sheol) will pass away, and those who are Ďthe livingí (believers) including those being purified, will have eternal life while the Ďdeadí, those in the world who are not firmly established in his ways and those still in Sheol will be no more.

The gamble for the individual is do you continue in the lives we currently live or do we seek the path of righteousness now. Yes you can be purified in Sheol if it still exists, but what if itís too late? None of us know when He is going to come or when this judgement will take place. All we are taught is what is written in the Gospel of Matthew.

We are taught that our loved ones can hear us while they are being purified and when they are in paradise. I also tend to think they can see us but this ability has not been taught to us. Whether they can see us or not doesnít really matter. What is true is they will always be with us. He will be praying for you and will be ready to welcome you when itís your time to go home. He will always love you. Talking to our loved ones is not the same as conversing with the dead. This act is forbidden in scripture and in the Didache.

Feeling jealous about not going first I can understand. Death holds no fear for one of his children who know where they are going when they fall into Ďsleepí, so donít feel guilty or selfish about that. Just trust in your faith and relationship with Him and be patient in His love as we wait in joy for His return.

I know there are those who will not accept what my brothers and sisters in faith have been taught or even the existence of God. But all I can say to you is this, if you do fall into Ďsleepí please try to remember what I have said and listen to the Holy ones who will come to you, and then go towards the light. What have you to lose? Nothing, except your existence.

May God bless you
Tom
Old March 26th, 2012, 11:06

Hello Tom, I have only just found this answer, it has been of great help to me. I have never been taught that the lost will get another chance whilst in Sheol. I have believed that we had to choose salvation through Jesus Christ, the Son of God, by His death and resurection through His precious shed blood, whilst still alive and by believing in Him, yes, but that we have to recieve His free gift of eternal life by accepting that we sinners from birth, turn to Him in true repentance, and forgive ALL who have sinned against us, place our lives completely into His hands, make Him Lord and Master of our lives. He became the sacrificial Lamb in our place and paid for ALL mans sins, past, present and future, the Jew first then the gentile. I believe that He is the only way to salvation otherwise His death on the cross is futile if we can earn our way to heaven, or decide later after we have departed. I do accept that there will always be some who will never willingly bend their knee before Jesus in this life or the next, that is free will isn't it. ( That would be foolish)

I used to get confused about the scripture that tells us we all will have to give an account of our lives and will be judged on every word we have spoken and when Jesus talked about rewards lost, I thought He meant salvation, then I believe the Holy Spirit saw my troubled heart and He did show me that as His child I am sanctified and justified through His precious blood, I belong to Him and nothing or no one can take me from His hand. BUT He also revealed to me that the rewards are something completely different. I believe we all have a book in heaven and in it God the Father mapped His choice for our lives in them and He he placed within our hearts the path He has for us. I believe that rewards will be lost through not fulfilling His calling for our lives or going our own way. Any of us who do this will make it as one just getting through the flames so to speak.

Thank you for helping me to lay down the pain and ache that was in my heart at the thought that Giuls had forgotten me or no longer remembered me. How can anyone ever cope with that thought as well as missing them so much? And I do speak through Jesus to him, you know what we all need to say to our loves gone ahead of us, I love and miss you, I'll see you soon, please wait for me, please don't forget me.

Thank you again.

Sahlom Chrissie.
Old March 26th, 2012, 15:40

Shalom in Yeshua Chrissie, thank you for your comments.

We have such a loving Father that He reaches out to everyone on the planet, not just believers in Yeshua, or Moses, but people everywhere. He has sent His chosen One into many different cultures and is known by many different names. He teaches them similar ways to those you believe in. The common thread in all of these cultures and belief is love one another, and keep similar commandments to the ones you are aware of like, not stealing, killing etc. So you see believers in Yeshua donít have the only route to God.

What is important and the message in scriptures is that mankind must keep a covenant with Him. By whatever name you know him by. For those reading this who donít know what a covenant is, it is like a deal between God and man. The first biblical covenant was the one with Noah in Genesis. That basically said build an arc collect the animals and I will save you from destruction. A deal yes?

Since then there have been many covenants with mankind in the modern day bible. The Mosaic Covenant, which gave the Ten Commandments and the Gentile covenant, the Didache, given at the last supper to mention just a couple, and also in other cultures with their own covenants. Once you enter into a covenant He keeps his word and so must we. If we deliberately break the Ďdealí we have entered into then there is Ďnoí deal. However in my experience people who really know and trust in Him will keep their covenant and will receive salvation.

But what about people who donít know Yeshua and have never been given the opportunity to do so? Having a Christian baptism in not a covenant. What about people who have heard of Him but have been put off by the example set by churches and religion generally? This is why He is known to many by different names and why Sheol currently exists. Out of his deep love for us all, saint, sinner or Luke warm believer.

Being sanctified by His precious blood and being sealed in the blood of the lamb is wonderful for those of us who know Him and have experienced his love first hand. Who is to say that others who donít know God donít fulfil the purpose they came into this world for. Let me remind you of the parable of the Ďgood shepherdí, Yeshua left the 99 and went looking for the lost one. What if you had been born in China, or the Peruvian rain forest for example? Do these souls not deserve a share in our inheritance? This is why He reaches out to them as He reached out to you, only differently.

I hope this helps.
May God bless you
Tom
Old March 27th, 2012, 11:20

Shalom Tom, yes I do agree but many of my Jewish and church friends wouldn't. God is indeed a just God and I believe completely that He wants all to come to know Him through His Son Jesus and He will always provide a way to reach each person, some are chosen, all are invited. As you have rightly mentioned there are still places in this world that haven't heard the message of Jesus and God in His mercy and compassion and love will know this of each person that stands before Him.

I for one totally rely on Him to help me go through each day of my life with all my mistakes that I make, all the times I have hurt someone with my words and all the times I haven't done the things He had for me to do, and the things I shouldn't have done but did anyway, does this mean then that I lose my salvation each time? Does a parent throw their child out onto the street because they fell down whilst trying to toddle? If I were to rely on my own goodness then I would be denying Him and all that He has done for all of us.

Incase another person reads this I would like to say that our God is a good God, He loves this human race that He made, so much so that He was prepared to give His only Son for us all. We all have questions don't we, why suffering, why hunger, why did my precious one have to go before their time? Sometimes He will answer these questions other times He is silent. Maybe we just can't hear the answer yet. One day in my bedroom I met Jesus and I walked with Him for many years, I was so afraid of Father God, I have heard that He was angry with me and wouldn't anything to do with me, I just couldn't attain to His standards. My relationship was with Jesus. A memory of my childhood came back to me one day after my mum died. I sobbed and lay on the lounge floor in a ball. That was the day I met Father God, I heard His voice tell me i was loved with an everlasting love, I am in awe of His Majesty, He is Almighty God, but I fell in love with my Heavenly Father that day, I belong to Him. He wants all of us to come back to Him.

Yes we all miss the mark don't we? None of us can possibly lead a completely Holy life, thats why He had a plan to rescue us. I am so thankful that one day He will make all things new, no more suffering, no more death, all He asks is that we trust in Him not in our own self rigthousness< He will help us to keep on His path. Jesus fulfilled the law and He was very harsh towards the Law keepers of the day and maybe He still is. I am sorry if this offends any dear one reading this but please don't wait till you get to sheol, just call upon the name of the Lord, you shall be saved, Jesus said that, they are not my words.

Please be blessed.

Chrissie.
Old March 27th, 2012, 13:15

Shalom in Yeshua Chrissie, What you say is true with regard to someone who accepts Yeshua as the Messiah, which I do. What I was trying to help you understand is that the covenant is the key to salvation.

The Jewish folks still have their covenant and there is nothing wrong with that, as long as they keep the Halakah and the Commandments. Yes they didnít recognise Yeshua at the time because they were expecting an avenging King who would bring peace and destroy evil. This is still correct for them. The Christian dogma is quite wrong on this. They donít need to be converted, and they didnít Kill Yeshua.

Additionally remember Ishmael the eldest son of Abraham and brother of Isaac? Remember that he went off with his mum, and God told him that he had a purpose for him? Well these people also have a covenant with God, The Nabataean Ishmaelites know him as Ilmashalwah. (This is not Islam by the way). Ilmashalwah to them is the One Created Being, known as the Adi Purusha, the Primordial Man, Mahavishnu, the Primordial Buddha, the Anthropos, the Logos and the Melek Taus. Ilmashalwah is the pure reflection of the Divine Source, and all of Creation exists within Him.

Many others in the world know the Righteous One by other names in other parts of the world. Gods plan is perfect, and Yeshua is just one aspect of the same Righteous one!! Known by many names. Just because your church leaders havenít heard of Him by these names doesnít detract from the fact that they believe in Him by these names and they have a covenant with God. My message to you is not to worry about others in the world finding Yeshua He is already with them.

None of us is perfect, so as soon as we acknowledge our guilt we repent and ask for forgiveness. The goal each day is to sin less than the day before, not do as you like and then casually say sorry. That is not the way of the follower of Messiah. Yeshua is the way the truth and the life and he calls his children from all over the world, by many names.

May God bless you
Tom