The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Useful resources > Funeral speeches and eulogies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 1st, 2012, 15:32

Default memorial poem by hazel

written for darren for his funeral
do not mourn for me but at the last as you recall the pleasure of our past
remember me with joy not grief
and show the world the strength of our belief
and know with certainty i have not gone but deep within our love
and our memories i shall live on

across our world to paradise God heard me call his name
and as one last time i closed my eyes i felt no fear and no more pain
come God said with tears of joy come home where all shall be
your tables laid in splendour there all waiting come and see
your mum and dad aunt bet and john in gods house your not alone
angels spread their wings held darren close as they gently flew him home

written for darren hazel

you left this earth a better place for those of us lucky enough to have shared your life or met you you have a beautiful soul your heart contained nothing but love and laughter i see you now my angel in heaven with all the animals giving them love and caring for them on rainbow bridge
love you for eternity hazel[/

Last edited by hazel : February 27th, 2014 at 06:27. Reason: sorry i thought poem would go on a different listing
Old June 10th, 2012, 09:59

Location: Barrow Upon Humber, a village in North Lincolnshire.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazel View Post
and know with certainty i have not gone but deep within our love and our memories i shall live on
your mum aunt bet your dad and john in gods house your not alone
he spread his arms held darren close as he gently flew him home
written for darren hazel

Hazel, such a beautiful poem, how lovely. I knew you would write great poetry I used to be good at poetry at school, but I seem to have lost it now. I've tried composing them to Drew and to my dad but the words wont come. Maybe I try too hard? I'd like to do that if only to put in my memorial scrapbook. You've given me the incentive to have another go. Thank you. xxxx
Old June 10th, 2012, 10:10

Default beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazel View Post
and know with certainty i have not gone but deep within our love and our memories i shall live on
your mum aunt bet your dad and john in gods house your not alone
he spread his arms held darren close as he gently flew him home
written for darren hazel
hello hazel, first time i have read this lovely poem, all it takes is one word from us and God is waiting to bring us home to Himself, that place was once the place where we belonged and so we will return, such is His love.

your precious man is waiting for you, when its your turn to go home he will be there, oh what a day that will be. thank you dear haz for sharing with us.
love xxx chrissie.
Old June 10th, 2012, 13:51

thanks chrissie and oonagh for your words
this was even harder when i spoke them with a tribute i wrote about him at his funeral and everyone said it was all very moving and couldn't believe i had the strength to get up and speak i had to get ashley to keep squeezing my hand to stop me from crying but i did it i felt i had to as it was the last thing i would do for him when i finished we played place in the sun which was a special song for us i was grateful to all the people who said it was one of the most moving funerals they had been to darren didn't do emotional i felt him looking down on me shaking his head
you should try and write poetry both of you it doesn't have to be earth shattering but whatever you write will mean something to you i used to do a lot and my friend had one printed in the newspaper with a big piece on who i was and it embarresed me so i stopped writing
i'm glad you liked it and i look forward to you writing something
love hazelxxx

Last edited by hazelharris : June 10th, 2012 at 16:55.
Old June 11th, 2012, 03:54

Default our loves live on

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelharris View Post
thanks chrissie and oonagh for your words
this was even harder when i spoke them with a tribute i wrote about him at his funeral and everyone said it was all very moving and couldn't believe i had the strength to get up and speak i had to get ashley to keep squeezing my hand to stop me from crying but i did it i felt i had to as it was the last thing i would do for him when i finished we played place in the sun which was a special song for us i was grateful to all the people who said it was one of the most moving funerals they had been to darren didn't do emotional i felt him looking down on me shaking his head
you should try and write poetry both of you it doesn't have to be earth shattering but whatever you write will mean something to you i used to do a lot and my friend had one printed in the newspaper with a big piece on who i was and it embarresed me so i stopped writing
i'm glad you liked it and i look forward to you writing something
love hazelxxx
morning hazel love, hows you today? didn't get to speak yesterday. you know love as i was reading the above, the words came to me,"they live on" i know that our loves are alive still just not in the physical, but when we put pen to paper and write wha ts is in our hearts about our loves and to our loves, thats part of them still being alive isn't it love? i for one am blessed cos you have shared something so precious, thak you darling, and i'm sure that you blessed darrens heart when you read it out to him. have a great day, speak again later, thank you. chrissiexxxxxx
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:39

whenever any doubts appear chrissie you always give me faith whenever i feel down you lift my spirits whenever i feel afraid of the future you give me courage whenever i feel sad you make me laugh whenever i feel alone you make me feel i have a friend and whenever i feel i won't see darren again i talk to you and i know i will be with him again one day
you are one special person and what a wonderful friend you have been to me
have a good day i'm off to work soon i am going to shut the shop early so i can
watch football at 4 o clock (excuse to come home early )
do you know when oonaghs dads funeral is perhaps we can all light a candle for him like we did for francis it may give her some comfort
have you got your bags packed yet i was thinking does your train go through northampton i will come to the station and wave you through if it does you will recognise me the woman with the short cropped hair coconut on her face waving a rabbit
love hazelxxxxxxxxx
Old June 11th, 2012, 17:41

hi chrissie heard from tom he is looking forward to your visit have you found out if you are passing northampton yet or are you like me and won't have a clue which direction the train is going watched the football tonight wished i had stayed at work ashleys a bit better thanks for all the kind thoughts and prayers it's his bithday today so he couldn't do much lying there with his leg propped up but i made his favourite meal and bought him a fishing pole
hope you have been ok today i'm so gled you will be able to go and have a break with tom i think it will do you so much good i shall be thinking of you sent the message to roo don't know wether he will get it or not but i hope he lets us know soon how he is love to you hazelxxxxx
Old June 11th, 2012, 18:26

Default happy holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelharris View Post
hi chrissie heard from tom he is looking forward to your visit have you found out if you are passing northampton yet or are you like me and won't have a clue which direction the train is going watched the football tonight wished i had stayed at work ashleys a bit better thanks for all the kind thoughts and prayers it's his bithday today so he couldn't do much lying there with his leg propped up but i made his favourite meal and bought him a fishing pole
hope you have been ok today i'm so gled you will be able to go and have a break with tom i think it will do you so much good i shall be thinking of you sent the message to roo don't know wether he will get it or not but i hope he lets us know soon how he is love to you hazelxxxxx
hazel love, thank you for saying such kind words, you have no idea how much you have helped me, all the laughs weve had as well as tears, you are a STAR, one day we will organise to meet up in london, what a day that will be, maybe we can go to covent garden there are some good places to eat and drink, street performers too, have a great time, see who else can make it.

i don't know when gails dads funeral is, i'll send a pm to her, would be precious to light a candle for dad, a lovely man.

your right about the train, i'll get on it and hope for the best, when i was in Turkey without giuls, with my sisters, nearly got on the wrong ferry, who knows where i would have ended up, cant find me way out of a paper bag.

i said to tom, i'm house trained, wont soil the carpet or leave the toilet seat up, so looking forward to meeting them, very precious people, all the best are on our forum aren't they love? have warned them that i dont travel light though, this rain and cold weather means ive had to pack me warmer bloomers.

i'm glad that ashleys on the mend, once the antibiotics do there job, i'm trying to type this and bani is trying to kiss me, got his fur all up me nose, got upset earlier, he seems to know and trys to love me to death. my first trip away without giuls, daft ent it?

put a post on today to roo, not sure if he's coming on to forum, thought just in case he does so he knows we havent forgotten him.

haz i will be taking my lap top with me, will come on to see hows things, provided i'm sober enough, karen and tom and me love good vino intend to enjoy every moment being with them.

so my dear friend, prob speak tomorrow, hope you hve a goo d sleep tonight, god bless. xxxxxx chrissie.
Old June 12th, 2012, 13:30

Location: Barrow Upon Humber, a village in North Lincolnshire.
Smile Thanks for making me laugh

Oh Chrissie and Hazel,

you are both so funny I've been chuckling away reading your posts to each other. The word 'nuts' comes to mind Bless you both, isn't it wonderful that you've become such good friends after meeting on here through such sad circumstances! My dads funeral is on Thursday at 1.40pm, and I'd love it if you were to light a candle for him. Thank you very much for being so thoughtful.

Chrissie, where are you going? I'm nosey aren't I!!And why would you be waving a rabbit Hazel and 'coconut on your face' ??? Very strange

Thank you for making me smile today anyway, you're like a double act!
Hugs, Gail xxx

Kahlil Gibran.
Old June 12th, 2012, 15:11

hi oonagh you haven't heard the half of it chrissie has a wonderful sense of humour the coconut is to get rid of all the wrinkles i now have with all the worry nearly put cocont milk on and chrissie stopped me in time as thats for the curry i was about to turn myself into a chicken korma the rabbit is just a private joke that no one will understand if chrissie has a few bottles of wine with tom she might rabbit on and share with you
how are you today i hope all the arrangements for dads funeral are done perhaps afterwards you can share with us some of his memories i would love to hear them i am not at work now for 3 days and on thursday i will light my candle at 1.40
chrissie will probably be on later i am sure she will tell you where she is going on her holiday
i lost my best friends 3 years ago i had known them for over 30 years but chrissie means as much to me as they did we have been there for one another and it gives a close bond to the relationship when in the depths of despair a shining light called chrissie grabbed my hand and lifted me out of the gloom it was a turning point in acceptance of my loss we both feel all our loved ones are together and have made friends guiding us to this site.
thinking of you our new friend love hazelxxx