The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a spouse or partner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 1st, 2014, 10:36

Smile To my dearest Jim on our 35th Anniversary

To my dearest Jim,
Today would have been our 35th wedding anniversary. It has been 2 and a half years that you are gone. I miss you so much and still long to see you and touch you. It has taken a long time to accept that you are gone physically but I now know that you will be with me always in my heart and soul. I wasnt sure how I wanted to celebrate today. I thought I would go to the cementary but know you never felt that a loved one was really there. Then I thought about going to Roscoe (a place upstate New York) that we had thought about buying a house.
but I need to pick up our grandaughter at school. I now strongly believe that God planned her birth 6 weeks before your stroke so that we would have a piece of you. She looks just like you and has your personality and habits. I know you talk to her somehow and will always be part of her life. I am grateful for life we had together and love we had for each other and even though the sadness is still there the happiness of knowing you and loving you makes this journey a little easier. I loved you then, I love you now, I wwill ove you forever. Happy Anniversay my love,
Sheryl
Old July 1st, 2014, 17:44

lovely tribute to jim sheryl you are always in my thoughts and as time goes on we know it does get easier they are carried in our hearts as we go forward never forgotten but the love is always felt and with us giving us this strength that somehow makes the grief more bearable A peace comes over us as we remember all the years we were so fortunate they shared their lives with us giving us such wonderful memories and with you and jim a family to treasure i'm certain your granddaughter is very very special and a gift from heaven sending my love to you hazel xxx