The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a spouse or partner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 15th, 2014, 11:30

I dont think it ever ends. If I dont write things down I forget, but the funniest part is I forget where I wrote it.

Sheryl
Old March 15th, 2014, 16:32

hi sheryl how are you getting on just lately you are always in my thoughts i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one that has to write everything down i never used to have to write lists i also tell people not to interrupt me in mid speech because i always forget what i was talking about i.m sure this grief has affected our concentration and memory on mondays i always pick my daughter up on the way to work and i drove all the way there got in my shop then realised i had forgotten to pick her up i just say its widows brain xx
Old March 19th, 2014, 22:47

Default My widow brain

I couldn't agree more with the definition of Widow Brain with an exception for myself. I remember my husband and I's entire life together pretty completely. I remember him taking his last breath and the pain I felt. Pretty much everything after that was widow brain or as I called myself, a wobble head. Let's not even talk about forgetting thoughts, items, even how to pronounce words. It is still happening after 8 months. Losing items makes me insane after awhile but it is nice to know I'm not the only one. I was forced to move about 850 miles or so away from our home because my mind was going fast and so was my health. My things were being slung or broken or just left and there was nothing I could do about it. That was then. Now I'm trying to gain more control over life in general. Thanks for posting that. It explained so much.
Blessings,
Maria
Old March 20th, 2014, 01:07

Default widows brain

has anyone searched for ya glasses with them stuck on ya head? i still do that.

love hugs and blessings to all.

chrissie. xx
Old March 20th, 2014, 22:20

Default glasses

Everyday several times a day.
Old April 9th, 2014, 12:37

bumped up to reread
Old May 3rd, 2014, 07:29

I think that this could also be filed under "getting older...." !!! Too much to remember and think about!
Old July 14th, 2015, 17:51

as i am nearing my leaving the site i have been reading over some threads that have helped me and on this one have been transported back to a time of such friendship yes we were all sad but we did find some laughter amongst the tears and this thread shows the site as it's best when people reached out to one another .We are all seeking something when we are grieving this site isn't about religion although there are times some of us need that comfort to know we will see our loved ones in heaven when this site is at it's best is when we find that hand of friendship and there is someone out there that cares and understands Through the saddest times in my life i even found laughter on here and most of it was from PMS but i thank my friends wherever they have bravely gone forward to for those days x
Old July 30th, 2015, 10:06

Default Big hugs to you, Hazel!

Thank you for being here for me during my journey, as well. xoxo
Old April 30th, 2016, 16:26

Default Thanks

I haven't read all the posts in this thread because I have a hard time concentrating. I think it will help me as will this forum. I am composing my story but it's hard to relate so I write a little and save it then add to it. It's hard sometimes to feel connected on a web forum but I think this one is special. I hope we can connect and maybe I can get some relief.
Bob