The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a spouse or partner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 14th, 2013, 00:09

Default Valentines Day

Lisa,
Happy Valentines Day!
I would give you my heart, but you have already taken it with you.
All the good things you have done in your life have meant a lot to me. I miss your loving ways and all the things you did to make me feel special. I can still feel your love and devotion surrounding me. You will forever be my one and only Valentine.
I will love you till the end of time.
Your husband, Steve
Old February 18th, 2013, 10:58

Steve M. as I read your post "my beautiful wife" and the many responses I can't tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I recently lost my wife on Feb 8th due to cancer. She wanted to live life and would do anything to survive. I am having a very difficult time with acceptance and her absence of being. Our stories are very similar, she meant the world to me. I have such a feeling of despair and loss. Am I grateful for our time together, absolutely it was the best. Here are some words to freinds the day after;

"Yesterday, Feb 8th at 1:15 p.m. the love of my life passed away. She fought a couragious and brutal 6 1/2 year battle with cancer and finally said it was time to let go... Her desire and will to live somehow overshadowed the effects of chemo, radiation and every other side affect of this vicious disease.
There simply are no words that decribe how I feel today, nothing justifies this type of pain for her loss. My heart is broken into pieces, she was everything to me...she was my "meaning" in life....we had plans! I find myself walking in cirlces looking for answers, looking for the strength....but this may take a very long time. I ask those who receive this to think about Deborah today....for she is a beautiful woman, mother, grandmother, and friend to many and should not be forgotten. Deborah Dietz... I will Love and Cherish you forever and ever....let it be known".

I pray for faith to know she is truely in comfort in the heavens above.
Old February 18th, 2013, 11:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
Steve M. as I read your post "my beautiful wife" and the many responses I can't tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I recently lost my wife on Feb 8th due to cancer. She wanted to live life and would do anything to survive. I am having a very difficult time with acceptance and her absence of being. Our stories are very similar, she meant the world to me. I have such a feeling of despair and loss. Am I grateful for our time together, absolutely it was the best. Here are some words to freinds the day after;

"Yesterday, Feb 8th at 1:15 p.m. the love of my life passed away. She fought a couragious and brutal 6 1/2 year battle with cancer and finally said it was time to let go... Her desire and will to live somehow overshadowed the effects of chemo, radiation and every other side affect of this vicious disease.
There simply are no words that decribe how I feel today, nothing justifies this type of pain for her loss. My heart is broken into pieces, she was everything to me...she was my "meaning" in life....we had plans! I find myself walking in cirlces looking for answers, looking for the strength....but this may take a very long time. I ask those who receive this to think about Deborah today....for she is a beautiful woman, mother, grandmother, and friend to many and should not be forgotten. Deborah Dietz... I will Love and Cherish you forever and ever....let it be known".

I pray for faith to know she is truely in comfort in the heavens above.
hello dear eddie, so very sorry for your loss of your dear wife. so many of us here on forum have lost our loves to this vile cancer and stand with you in your pain and heartache. we are at different points on our journeys of this terrible unwanted even t in our lives and are here to help eachother as b est we can. it always hurts so much to see another friend with a broken heart on here but i offer a sad welcome to you my friend, if you need to talk we are here for you.

warm regards

chrissie, xx
Old May 11th, 2013, 22:54

Default Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day Lisa

Yet another holiday I can't share with you. I never stop thinking of all the wonderful moments we shared. All the kids love and miss you, but I'm sure you are very aware of that. You were always a great mom and raised the best children. They were very lucky to have you, as was I.
My love for you is as strong as ever. I miss you a lot.
Steve
Old May 27th, 2013, 00:21

Default Memorial Day 2013

Memorial Day 2013

It is my first Memorial Day without you by my side. You were always a comfort to me and others as we visited the grave sites of our relatives together to honor their lives and to celebrate their memories. As for me, every day since your passing has been a memorial day. I will never be the same without you and memories of your loving ways are all I have left. You were the best wife anyone could ask for. No one could ever take your place, nor would I want them to. I got an entire lifetime of love and devotion from you in our time together. I cherish your love every single day. I miss you so much.
Thank you for sharing your life and love with me.
You are still the light of my life.
I will love you until and throughout eternity.
Old June 6th, 2013, 00:00

Default Angel For One Year

Angel For One Year.
Lisa my darling;
You have been gone one year now, seems like yesterday and at the same time, forever.
You are still alive in my heart and mind. Every breath I take, every smile, every heartache, every moment, include you. You are with me always.
In the air that I breathe, in my dreams, in every part of my being,
l know you are still by my side.
I miss your tender touch, your warm caresses, your beautiful smile. Everything about you.
Family and friends constantly surround me but no one really knows the depth of my loss.
It's like I'm wandering aimlessly amid many familiar places and faces and, at the same time, lonely and hopelessly lost.
Gone from this earth and my side, but never, ever forgotten, forever indelibly etched in my mind.
Until we are reunited by God's grace, you will remain my one true love.
I will always love you!
Love me.
Old June 6th, 2013, 06:54

Steve,
Those are beautiful words and is what I feel and say on a daily basis. Thank you for putting it down on paper.

Hugs,
Sheryl
Old June 9th, 2013, 16:52

Steve,

Such a beautiful and loving tribute to your wife. Thank you for sharing it with us. I am so sorry for the difficult year you have been through. My husband hasn't been gone for even three months yet, but it feels so much longer. I can't imagine making it through a full year of this pain and loss. You describe the loneliness and feeling of being lost well.

Yours words have given me some comfort to know that the pain won't lessen the love I will always feel for my husband. Your wife sounds like an amazing woman.

Sending you a hug of support,
Carol
Old June 21st, 2013, 00:35

Default Happy Anniversary Lisa

Happy Anniversary Lisa

Twenty two years ago today, my life became complete.
Not only my did you agree to become my wife, but my entire world. You were always loving, supportive, a great mother, and a partner, but you were also my best friend. I thank God for our time together and the love we shared. It was magnificent.
Then on June 6th, 2012 my world came crashing down. You were gone. Since then, I continue to spiral downward. I now know what "alone" truly means. Not alone physically, I still see family and friends often, but the saddest thing is a lonely heart. Our two hearts, intertwined, beating for each other. What a beautiful feeling that was. The only feeling left is one of hope, hope that we are reunited in the Kingdom of God soon. I love you and miss you so very much.
Love me.
Old June 21st, 2013, 17:09

Steve I am so sorry for your loss. I too had a loss last year i lost my husband - my best friend. i totally understand the depth of your loss and lonely heart. There are some days that I just don't know how I will be able to go on without him.
Try to find a glimmer of happiness in the memories of all those wonderful years you had together, Sending you hugs -Grace