The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > In loving memory > Online memorials: we will remember them
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 24th, 2012, 11:07

the candle we light today on christmas eve is dedicated to Lyn Storrs
she is the loved mother of the creator of The Light Beyond Lucie Storrs who started this site in her memory
what a gift she has given us all we are blessed and grateful to lucie through her and peters hard work it's a lifeline to many as we reach out to one another with love and compassion in our grief
through this site Lyn is never forgotten

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2NKr...e=results_main

Last edited by hazelharris : December 24th, 2012 at 11:13.
Old December 24th, 2012, 11:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelharris View Post
she is the loved mother of the creator of The Light Beyond Lucie Storrs who started this site in her memory
what a gift she has given us all we are blessed and grateful to lucie through her and peters hard work it's a lifeline to many as we reach out to one another with love and compassion in our grief

Dear Lord we finish our christmas memorial placed here for all our friends and our loves with a prayer.

Our Heavenly Father as we remember with tears in our eyes and an ache in our hearts, please take the ache away and bring to mind those precious times that we had together, bring back hope for a future and hearts full of joy again, be with us this christmas as we meet with friends and family and dear Lord, remember that we are frail and but dust and mend our broken hearts and help us to know that our loves are safe with you and we will see them again one day, you have made it possible, thank you dear Lord Jesus Christ. amen.
Old December 25th, 2012, 03:17
Administrator

Dear Hazel, thank you so much! xxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelharris View Post

Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep: over 250 funeral poems, quotes and readings
If There's Anything I Can Do...: full of practical ways to help the bereaved
Old November 20th, 2015, 10:36

bump up for a re-read as the season is going to be soon upon us.

Cal821
Yet no person is really alone;
those who live no more echo still within our thoughts and words,
and what they did has become woven into what we are.

I wish you peace and a level path on your journey...

Cal821
Old November 20th, 2015, 18:03

thankyou for reposting. How wonderful it is to sit here and read this post the memories of friends who we met along the road of grief remembering how we all came together especially at christmas to give support to one another .No one on here is ever forgotten and as each year passes i light my candles of rememberance to our loved ones in heaven and there is always a special one i light for everyone on ,THE LIGHT BEYOND ,for we all share the pain of loss, the candle gives me a feeling of hope and peace,as it lights the darkness sending love to those we miss in heaven xxx
Old December 1st, 2015, 09:19

re posted x
Old December 2nd, 2015, 06:08

Default Remembering

I remember all our sadness as if it were yesterday, oh how I'm so thankful to each of us fie the support we received and gave. I don't know who will read this but I believe our prayers are like incense and are ever rising into the heavens.
When that special someone reads the messages and the prayers that were said as we lighted our candles then and now, please be comforted that you are not alone. Our loves are as in another room, you can close your eyes and watch yourself stepping into that room and they will be there waiting. They will say, "don't be sad, I'm always with you for I live on in your heart" They rejoice when the ache in our hearts dims, they look forward to us coming home too. And they will say,"how did you get here so quickly" there is no time there only peace love and joy.
I join with hazel and Dave in a prayer for you, for us all, for a very hurting world,for the lonely elderly infirm and afraid, for the homeless the loveless, for the sick and dying, for the orphan and the widow, for the lost and for the ignored and forgotten, for the abandoned, for the alien in a strange land, for those with addictions, for healing for all for our world.

Our Father in heaven
May your name be thanked and praised by all
May your kingdom come, your will be done
On Earth as it is in heaven
Give us all our daily bread, feed the hungry, cloth the naked, shelter the homeless, heal our broken hearts and sick bodies and deliver the poor from povity
Let us not be tempted to do evil against our neabour but desire to do good
Deliver us from all evil and evil doers
Help us to remember Lord we are but visitors to this world that you made and to start the next new year with a clean heart and clean hands and to desire with all our hearts and soul to love you and our neighbour as ourselves. For the kingdom the power and the glory are yours and shall be forevermore amen.

Dear friends may we all be a comfort to others so that we will be comforted, may the Lord our God walk with us, talk with us and abide with us this Christmas season may his holy angels protect us and bring to us the answers to our prayers for he always hears and answers but the answer isn't always the one we wanted and I'm beginning to learn at long last that that's always for our own good.
I grew up in the fifties in London and we had morning assembly before our lessons. We sang a hymn together and prayed the Lord's Prayer together. Most of us didn't pray at home but we never forgot that one prayer that covers every need. They have taken the bible and the Lord's Prayer out of our schools now, and so many children don't know how to pray to God. I'm so very thankful to have been born when I was and was taught to pray the Lord's Prayer. I'm writing this to give you encouragement to not give up hope and if you can to pray the prayer everyday up to Christmas and beyond of course. Let's stand together in prayer for people's everywhere who are hurting just like we are hurting let's make a difference to someone else's life as well as our own.
Jesus was born in a cold and dirty barn, he became a man came to show us the way back to God through the cross he loves you and wants you to know he's stands at the door of your heart waiting for you to come to him, all who labour, I came to him one day. His love for you is everlasting. God gave his son for us, what a price to pay, his only child, doesn't that prove his love for us?
I will be remembering you all on Christmas Day I will be praying for you, thank you for praying for me. May his kingdom come soon. Amen
Old December 24th, 2015, 04:55

hoping all old friends and those who are going through grief find some peace and joy at christmas my thoughts and prayers are with you all xx
Old December 3rd, 2016, 17:21

I have come back on this site as the Christmas season approaches remembering when this was a caring safe haven for our grief and sorrow, when friends all came together to lift our hearts and spirits to help us find some joy in life again. I will never forget any of the friends i made along the way, they are all in my heart and thoughts .Although much has changed on here perhaps in the future hands across the world will come together again as one. All it needed was one voice and a family of wonderful kind hearted people like earth angels came and offered such compassionate help it was beyond amazing it was beautiful and lifted the heartbroken out of that dreadful bleak hell and devastation. At Christmas it can be such an intensely sad time for those who are recently bereaved I hope your family and friends can help you through these coming days. As you look back especially at Christmas to those beautiful memories you have remember them with joy they were gifts like all memories are they are part of you, made with love and they will carry you through the darkness. Because you are loved be as happy as you can be then you are fulfilling the dreams of your loved ones in heaven .I light a candle of Christmas again to shine in the darkness,to light its way up to heaven for all those who grieve and for all my friends who with courage and strength have found happiness again in their lives may our loved ones in heaven see the light that will always shine like a beacon of everlasting love .xxx
Old December 7th, 2016, 16:32

re posted x