The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a sibling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 24th, 2011, 12:39

Default My wonderfull wee sis

Hello everyone

I am new on this site and I am looking to meet people who understand the pain of loosing someone you love

My life changed forever on the 21rst Dec when I recieved a call from my parents informing me my sis was going to hopsital. She had been ill for a few days with a cold and had been checked over by the Doc the day before who advised she had a comman flu and to rest... oh how wrong where they.

My sister was later diagnosed with swine flu she was put in a medical induced coma and we spent almost 8 weeks in ICU with her until sadly we were faced with the only option of having to turn the machines off. She passed away on the 11th february.

We spent xmas and new years in hospital and the 7 and half weeks we spent in ICU with her were heartbreaking. Its pain I have never felt before in my life I have lost people in my life who I have loved and cared for deeply but this pain I feel is completly different to anything before. I almost feel like my heart has been ripped out.

Life doesnt seem worth while , Im angry at people around me who complain about trival matters I feel like shaking them at saying walk in my shoes for a day then you may have something to complain for.

She was my only sibling its now just me , I have to be strong for my parents which is hard but I know they are hurting just as much as me

Thankyou to all who take the time to read my post and I also offer my condolences to all whom have lost someone
Old May 24th, 2011, 14:34

Shalom in Yeshua Lisam. I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. Please let us know her name, and how old she was etc.

Hanging around an ICU is horrible. I spent nearly 10 weeks in one with my youngest son. In the end I couldn't stand the noise of the monitors, or the attitude of some of the staff who used the 'no hope' approach. They continually remained negative and distant as a safeguard for their emotions. Something I understand but at the time made me very angry.

Please be assured that I will pray for you and your parents to be comforted.
God bless you
Tom
Old May 24th, 2011, 15:04

Life is worthwhile. You know it is - that's why it's so painful to lose your sister. In time you'll start to have some good days. You sound like you need to talk to people - when my Dad died, I felt much more comfort talking to his friends than mine. Perhaps you could try to meet some of your sisters old friends and talk to them about your mutual memories of her. Condolences to you and your family...
Old May 25th, 2011, 14:55

Hello

Thankyou all for the messages , my sis was 29 years old when she passed and her name is Debbie or Debs as I call her. I have my good and not so good day , of late there are more not so good days

Hugs to all
Old May 26th, 2011, 02:43

Shalom in Yeshua Lisam, Thanks for the information I will say a prayer for Debs to be guided, and you and your family. Always try and remember the good things that you and your sister did. This will help.

Keep talking here by sharing your feelings and emotions. We are all here willing to help. God Bless you.
Tom
Old June 10th, 2011, 20:24

Hi Lisam, I hope you are doing okay.

I just signed up here a few minutes back and yours was the first post I read. I signed up because I lost my little sister on May 18th this year. It is the toughest thing I have ever had to face. My heart goes out to you for your familys loss. Experiencing grief over somebody so young just does not seem fair, it is like living a bad dream. I really hope that you and your family are holding up okay.
Old July 14th, 2011, 15:27

Default our special memories eventually help

Lisam I am also new to this site and can understand some of the pain you are feeling I lost a sister last year and also found out that another sister had a life limiting disease.

What an awful experience for you having lost debs after such a lengthy time in hospital and at such a terrible time when everyone else would have been celebrating christmas and new year that could only serve to heighten the awful emotions your family must have been experiencing at that time.

You obviously felt extremely close to debs and I can understand the feelings of good and bad days, I also have those and the days where you cry for no apparent reason.

It must be awful being your only sibling and confident, I have another sibling to share some of the pain but we still find it difficult.

I hope you have begun to have some days that you can look back at the wonderful times you had together and smile at the things you and Debs did together.
Old July 15th, 2011, 00:11

Default 100% understand.

i'm in the same place Lisam, i get so angry when i hear my friends talk about such petty issues in their life. i wish i had their problems so i could just get rid of all this heartache and pain. i'm sorry that you lost such an important person in your life..i dont know why the good have to die first. but what i've learned from this is that this happened for a reason. this can either make me a bitter person or a better person. and i have to choose the latter because it's what my dad would have wanted and what i'm sure your sister wanted for you.
"You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back, or you can open your eyes and see all she's left."

stay strong--tess