The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Useful resources > Funeral speeches and eulogies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 19th, 2008, 22:57
Default I have never

Everytime I try to go up and speak at a funeral, I get so choked up. It hasn't been in me to be able to talk while emotional. I just went to a co worker of mine, funeral. And I was really close to her. She had a heart attack at home. I was suppose to had visted her for tea a couple of days before because she had been out of work for about a week due to being sick. I didn't make it, pity me. (I felt so bad and I still do) But anyway she had a funeral over in the hills park where I stay. Alot of people paid their respects but the thing that bothered me was the people who were there and tried to take away the greiving of others. What I mean by this is that they acted as if they knew her and was close to her. They even got up and talked about her when they really had no idea who she was. It angered me and every time I think about it, I get angry. I have seen many people do this and I personally think it's sad.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 10:46

I can't imagine why people would want to speak at a funeral for a person who they weren't familiar with.

I couldn't speak at the funeral or memorial service of anyone that I was close to. Some people do this remarkably well.

Also I don't know how some people can sing at the funeral of a loved one. I would think that would be even physically harder to control your voice while singing.