The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of other family members
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 10th, 2007, 15:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggart View Post
I think most of us know someone who doesn't like the holidays. I'd expect most of them have some painful memories attached to the season, whether it's loss of life or a family breakup.

I find the holiday season definitely reminds me of friends and family who've passed away, but in my case I still enjoy the music, decorations, traditions and happy memories.
Oh, there are still a lot of things I love about the holidays. I, too, enjoy the music, and I always set aside at least a couple of nights to go driving around with friends to look at all the holiday lights. The holidays are actually a bittersweet time for me, because there's so much I enjoy about them, but at the same time they evoke memories that make me sad. Does that make sense?
Old September 17th, 2007, 18:30

It makes sense to me. My gran lost my grandad around Christmas and could never bear to celebrate it again. She wanted to spend each Christmas and new year alone and did so until she died, which was very sad.
Old September 21st, 2007, 19:36

You will always have the good memories of your aunt the way she was before. Cherish them and remember what a special person she was in your life.
Old September 22nd, 2007, 18:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnycharacter View Post
When I lost my nephews, 2 different times, both teens, car crashes, it was very difficult. I think because they had not been sick, but such sad circumstances so abrupt. I think that makes it harder for me.
I'm so sorry about your nephews! I know how much I love my nephews and nieces, and I can't even imagine how deeply I would grieve if something happened to them. And you're right, a sudden death is very hard. I wish you peace and, in your own time, healing...
Old December 7th, 2007, 19:18

Default hopefully

Calypso, your aunt sounds like one awesome lady. It must have been terribly hurtful to have the one relation die who understood and accepted you. I hope that soon other members of your family will understand. I think it is a hopeful sign that you can feel wistful about cats instead of depression or some other such emotion; I hope you can see it as progress. My grandma loved cats as well! I think of her often when I see a Siamese as that was her favorite cat.
Old June 4th, 2009, 03:14

I m sorry for your loss. I understand your feelings for your aunt. Its hard time for you. I know when our loved one passed away, its very painful to us.
Old August 5th, 2009, 00:53

I'm so sorry for your loss (even if it's been a while). I too am a lesbian and lost my biggest supporter almost 2 years ago.
My first thought for you is:
Your Aunt accepted you in her lucid, right and sane mind. The fact that she became confussed at the end I'm sure is heartbreaking and confusing, BUT!
Always remember that she was there for you when it counted! She accepted you and loved you when she had all of her faculties...WHAT AN HONOR!!! I applaud your Aunt and think you are SOO lucky to have had such an awesome person in your life!!