The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Dealing with death > Sudden, accidental or violent death
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 22nd, 2013, 17:56

Default the sudden death of my little girl aged 5 weeks through a devastating accident

A few months ago, i lost my daughter who was 5 weeks and 6 days old. There was an accident which happened on the 5th november. She fought for her life for a week in hospital. untill she couldent fight no more and passed from us on the 9th november she died in my arms. As time as gone by the first few days and weeks i couldent function properly , me and fiance were just so numb, everything felt worthless, and in all honestly still does feel worthless. we are absolutly devastated it almost dosent seem real. We havent been able to have a funeral yet due to the police looking into the accident, and the thought of that disturbs me in my thoughts. Ive been very suidicidal and ill, im on a mixture of anti depressants, but whereever i try to go to places for help there is a lack of places to go to talk to other bereaved parents in my area of east sussex in uk. and all i get is numbers to call at 10pm at night to talk to people, it really is of no help. why isnt there more help for desperate people who have had their world torn apart, its crazy. esp over christmas and new year there is no help, and thats the time when people and families NEED it the most. its beyond a joke. pieces of paper and a person on the other end of the phone is just not enough. the only thing that will be of some little help to me , would be to talk to other bereaved parents. no one else unless you have been in this position understands the level pain and grief you go through, they simly dont understand that maybe a few months have passed and they kinda expect you to go back to normal, but im a changed person and to me there no longer is normal. this will always be with me. and i will always love my little girl Aimee rose.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 19:13

hi sarah i have read your very heartbreaking thread and i will send you a message shortly you are not alone tonight xxxxxxxxxxxx
Old January 22nd, 2013, 19:57

hi sarah i am so desperately sorry for your loss i want to embrace you and in some small way to try and comfort you share your tears and let you know how much i care
there supposed to be support most of us here have come to realise that we never seem to get any when we need it the most putting us on waiting lists as if our grief can be put on hold
i don't know whats happened but i do know all the what ifs and blaming yourself will be going through your head try not to go down that road accidents very tragically happen none of us can forsee the future
support one another you and your fiancee need to cling to all the love you have to get through this nightmare loads of patience love and understanding your grief is the same but the way you try to deal with it may be different so talk to one another as much as you can
the best councelling support on this site would be our dear friend Tom i pray he will be here tomorrow you will be able to talk privately to him and with his love and wisdom his care love and support i know will help you through the grief
other friends on here have lost loved ones not in the same circumstances but their hearts are filled with love for others in grief and we will all be here for you never feel you are alone we all care and are here to listen and try to help you
i send my love to you tonight i'm here most days and will pm you if you need to talk privately love hazelxxx
Old January 23rd, 2013, 05:15

Shalom in Yeshua Sarah, welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. Know that I have already said a prayer for you and your partner to be comforted.

I lost two sons years ago so I know how you must be feeling. One was a cot death the other was an array of hospital errors which led to a brain haemorrhage. My heart goes out to anyone who looses child.

In each case the family GP just handed me a bunch of pills. They did not help. You are emotionally distraught NOT ill. What you need, is to share and be supported by those around you. Ask your GP if he/she can send you to a bereavement group at the local children's hospital. These type of services did not exist years ago but they do now.

Please if you want to talk privately with me then send me a personal message. I promise that I will chat with you and help you through this.

May God bless you
Tom