The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Dealing with death > Sudden, accidental or violent death
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 1st, 2011, 11:13

Default My son, Alex

Two weeks ago today(07/18/11) my 25 yr. old son was killed in a car crash. He wasn't wearing a seat belt as so many still continue to do. His girlfriend of 6 yrs. claims car issues caused her to lose control. The result is...she survived and my son didn't. I KNOW the whole spectrum of thoughts, emotions, etc. concerning this. I"m experiencing these currently and then some.
The paradox IS not wanting to be "with this reality" and feeling someone should BE here with me, but not really. I DID this in 97 with husband. This was last child. I always wished or prayed "Dear GOD" nothing else. I held my breath in regards to my children.
Anyway, understanding MUCH of many things about grief, I am here as a member, once again, of this club.
I hope everyone is OK. I can't attest to even that status, yet. I might try it tomorrow.
Thank you lucie, for the welcome aboard.
Elizabeth
Old August 1st, 2011, 11:24

Shalom in Yeshua Elizabeth, I am sorry to hear of the death of your son and the emotional torment you find yourself in. Know that I have already said a prayer for you.

I know it is hard, but try not to blame your sons girlfriend. It was after all and accident and she will have to carry his death around for many years to come.

When you are ready to discuss your feelings everyone here will be willing to help you through this.

May God bless you
Tom
Old August 1st, 2011, 18:30

Dear Elizabeth,

I am so sorry for your terrible loss.

I am thinking of you at this time and am here to support you through this.

Your feelings no doubt are raw at this moment. When you are ready to talk I will be here.

I lost my Mum 5 weeks ago, this has changed my life forever. But no doubt at all, I don't think this can come close to your child. Losing your child is the ultimate insult to you, I am speechless.

All I can say today is, be strong, surround yourself with others that can sympathise and let you TALK about your wonderful son.

God bless you

Love and light coming your way in huge quantity

Hayley x