The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Dealing with death > Sudden, accidental or violent death
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 2nd, 2011, 17:07

Default accepting death

I lost my dad 2 and a half years ago very suddenly in a traffic accident and still struggle to come to terms with it. I have never really addressed the feelings involved and although I cried when it happened and went through the motions. I have always been very strong around my mum and sister and we do mention him from time to time and laugh or cry. I find I struggle to cope with little things that i feel should be addressed. I do not accept it has happened and still believe he is here. odd i know. I hate the fact people carry on with their lives and dont seem to stop whereas I want to scream out and cry at them and want them to ask how are you but not treat me like i am ill. I have great support from my partner and some of my friends but i think he wont truly understand. I can only describe it as being in a bubble. I dont know why I am posting now but I feel i need some sort of advice or something....
Old July 3rd, 2011, 06:14

Shalom in Yeshua Georgie, I am sorry you are still feeling the way you do. I will say a pray for you to be comforted.

You say that you find it hard to believe that it happened and that you feel he is still here. Well in many ways his is. He is within your heart and mind. You will carry him always. We are taught that our departed loved ones can still hear us, so talk to him.

Please don't be too hard on everyone else for getting on with life, as this is the natural way of existence. You are not ill, just sad and grieving. Try to remember the good times and rejoice with your him.

May God bless you
Tom
Old November 8th, 2011, 19:51

Default Redfoxx

If you are still on this board I want to tell you that your feelings are very normal as you youself stated that you have, after all this time, not come to grips with your father's passing. My father was the first to leave our family and I, like you, believed ourselves "strong". I did not cry when I saw him in the hospital,too late. I did not cry at his funeral. I did not cry when my wife tried to comfort me. For 23 days, I did not cry but kept myself busy doing inane things each day to fill up the waking hours. Until one day I could not think of the next thing to do and my body could no longer carry on. I broke down and bawled like a baby until I was exhausted. At this moment I had realized the inevitable - that those we love so much in our lives must one day leave us or we them. But as you work your way thru this, as we all must, please, please realize that it is not forever. Love is forever and your love for your father will bind both of you together. This I truly believe. Come back when you are ready. God Bless and Keep you.