The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Dealing with death > Sudden, accidental or violent death
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 30th, 2011, 13:43

Default would like to talk with someone

Hello! I'm kind of new to these forums.I stumbled upon this website last night and looking for someone who can relate to my grieving.I am 37 and married mother of 3 kids.
I lost both my brother and my dad suddenly.My brother was struck by a drunk driver 17 years ago which devastated me and my family.Because my brother was only 22 with his whole life ahead of him.He was just getting out of the Navy and was going to ask his long time girlfriend to marry him.It all came to an end so quickly because of a drunk driver.
an 8 months ago I lost my dad to a car accident.He was a good dad.He was always there for me.And kept us together when my mom and me didn't see eye to eye.Now its just me and my mom and oh so difficult.I am a christian and that helps.I just wish i can have relief from the strained relationship that me and my mom have between each other.Most of the time i am okay,an am accepting it .But my mom pulls me back down,Its all so frustrating and hard to explain:confused
Anyways I hope there's someone out there to talk with
Old July 31st, 2011, 13:34

Shalom in Yeshua Kellybell, Know that I have already said a prayer for you and your mum.

It is such a pity you and your mom don't always see eye to eye, but you don't say why this is. I suspect this has been going on for a long time. Is it too difficult to address the cause with her and clear the air? Or is it her feelings of grief that is affecting you?

We are all willing to help you when you wish to talk.
May God bless you
Tom