The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a parent
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 12th, 2008, 18:51

Send a message via Yahoo to allenennyl
Default Coming up a year

I have not been on this forum for a while, but i have been reading about people and their losses.
I can't believe it is coming up a year since my dad passed away, i thought i was ok about it, but as his annerversery creeps up i get more and more edgey, at the moment i can think well this time last year my dad was still with us, but as time ticks on i will not be able to think that, and once one year has passed soon it will be two and so on.
You know how things come and slap you in the face well i think that is what has happened, How can you go years and years and not see your dad, to me that is to much, i am ready for this to stop now, i want to see my dad, even if it is just to tell him how much i love and miss him.
Old September 13th, 2008, 20:51

Having had my mom's 1 year this past August, I know how you are feeling. It did creep up on me too. The month before, remembering when she was still alive, happy and at a family function. Then, 1 week before the anniversary I was a basket case, sobbbing uncontrollably like I used to. Each day I remembered what happened until the day and moment she died. On the anniversary day, I was kind of numb though. I went to her grave with family and flowers. Funny, I don't feel much emotion when I go to her grave. Doesn't feel like she is there. Just her body in the ground. I think of her in spirit every day. It's not all bad but I do truely miss her and it is hard to imagine not seeing her for years as you say. Want to let you know I am thinking of you and sending my hugs over. Don't be afraid to come back and post. It truely helps me to get my feelings out. Hoping you will find some comfort too. Rachele