The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Religion and spirituality
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 5th, 2019, 06:42

The Sun Beyond The Sun

O Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life,
The Universal Christ, Your only born Son/Daughter,
Is the Spiritual Sun above and beyond
The golden disc in the sky above us.
With the help of the Christ light You have brought
The whole of Creation into being,
And it constantly nurtures and sustains all lifeforms
That emerge from you.

We worship You, we give You thanks,
We praise You for the glory
Of the light and warmth of Your love.
Without them there would be no life,
On the Earth or elsewhere.
Reveal ever more of Your sacred truth to us,
To help us attend to our earthly duties
With happy, loving and carefree hearts,
Trusting Your great plan of life
And the goodness of our earthly existence.

Amen

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/

Last edited by Aquarius : May 7th, 2019 at 07:23.
Old May 7th, 2019, 07:24

Progress

Let there be many windows to your soul,
That all the glory of the Universe may beautify it.
Not the narrow pane of one poor creed
Can catch the radiant rays
That shine from countless sources.
Tear away the blinds of superstition.
Let the light pour through fair windows,
Broad as truth itself and high as God.

Why should the spirit peer
Through some priest-curtained orifice,
And grope along dim corridors of doubt,
When all the splendour from unfathomed seas of space
Might bathe it with the golden waves of love?
Sweep up the debris of decaying faiths.
Sweep down the cobwebs of worn-out beliefs
And throw your soul wide open to the light
Of reason and of knowledge.

Tune your ear
To all the wordless music of the stars
And the voice of nature,
And your heart shall turn to truth and goodness,
As a plant turns to the Sun.
A thousand unseen hands reach down to help you
To their peace-crowned heights.
And all the forces of the firmament
Shall fortify your strength.
Be not afraid
To thrust aside half-truths and grasp the whole.

Ella Wheeler Wilcox
1850-1919

From ‘The Spiritual Aspects Of Depression And Suicide’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : May 9th, 2019 at 10:15.
Old May 9th, 2019, 10:16

Come To Me, My Truly Beloved

I have had enough of silent nights, of my unspoken grief and tired wisdom. Come to me, my truly Beloved. You are my treasure, my breath of life, dress my wounds and be my cure. Enough of words, just come to me without a sound.

Love means reaching for the sky and with every breath tearing away a hundred veils. Love steps away from the ego. It opens the eyes of inner vision and does not take this world so seriously. If you understand all this, congratulations, dear heart! You have joined the circle of lovers, but please tell me in your own words how all this began for you. For me it happened when I was absorbed in my work in this world, though I never lost my longing for my true home in the realms of the Highest. One day, exhausted with no strength left, I turned to God and the Angels and asked for their help. Suddenly they lifted me into the grace of Divine love. Words cannot describe the mystery of this experience.

Dear heart, why are you are so unreasonable? You have fallen in love. Why then are you still worrying about your life? Those who insist on robbing and stealing have reason to fear earthly laws as well as spiritual ones. But although you profess to be in love with the Highest, nonetheless you are worrying about what people may think of you.

While in earthly life, I will run fast and keep running until I catch up with the spirits of the air and the wind. I will dissolve into air and become nothing, so I can reach my Beloved more easily. I will become fire, burn my house and head for the desert. I will become all pain, so I can be healed. I will become humble and turn into soil so your flowers can grow in me. I will kiss the ground and become water, so I can flow into your rose garden. I will make my face shine like a golden coin, so I can become worthy of you, my one and only truly Beloved. I came in this world helpless and fearful but now that I am approaching the end of my journey, I am finding comfort and safety in you. The blessing of truth is like water, it can only flow downstream, back into the great ocean of life. Did it come into earthly life so that I can find the way back to you, my Beloved?

There is no bargaining with the love I feel for you. And the choices I make are no longer the ones of my earthly self but yours. Your will is mine and my will is yours. Now I know that love is the true nature of life throughout the whole of Creation and that it is also the essence of human nature that provides a mirror of our soul. This kind of love can only reveal itself to those who look into its face and have the courage to act it out in their own lives.

When you recognise the face of anger, false pride and all manner of other negative characteristics in others, do not turn away. Know that they are mirrors of your hidden inner self. Place your own negativity under your feet, turn it into a ladder for climbing ever higher into your true nature. There is no peace until you become the master of the desires of your lower earthly self. Let go of all anger. An outburst of it may taste sweet at the moment it is happening, but anger destroys – not merely the other one. In time it also kills you. Refuse to act as one of life’s victims. Be a conqueror by taking charge of every aspect of your being. If that sounds too difficult, ask God and the Angels for their help.

It takes humility to climb to freedom. My dear heart, never think you are better than others. Listen to their sorrows with compassion. If you want peace, do not harbour bad thoughts, do not gossip and do not teach what you do not truly understand yourself.

When a tree is planted every leaf that grows tells you of the tree’s love for its Creator. Let your life be like this and never forget that whatever you sow – in this lifetime and all others – is bound to bear fruit. Therefore, if you have any sense, my dear friend, plant nothing but love and remember that we show our worth by what we seek, not by our words but our actions and deeds. Water flows to those who want purity, so wash your soul of all desires and be cleansed for the table of the highest love.

Shall I tell you a secret? Flowers attract the most beautiful lovers with their sweet smile and scent. When writing poetry or prose, if you put the cravings of your small earthly self for fame and glory to one side and allow God’s inspiration to flow through you, it will do so and can then speak to people’s hearts and souls forever.

Do not spend unnecessary time with those who lack understanding. Never sit in judgement over them or throw stones at them or their talk. Each in their own sweet time they too will re-awaken into the awareness of their true nature. As the mirror of the soul easily gets rusty when dipped into muddy waters, it is better by far to keep the company of those who already have opened their hearts and learnt to love wisely, God’s way.

Maulana Rumi
From the Islamic Tradition
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old May 10th, 2019, 08:21

The Cosmic Touch

Just try to get the Cosmic touch,
The sense that you don’t matter much!
A million stars are in the sky.
A million planets plunge and die.
A million million men are sped.
A million million wait ahead.
Each plays his part and has his day –
What ho! The world’s all right, I say.

Just try to get the chemic view:
A million million lives made you!
In lives a million you will be
Immortal down eternity.
Immortal on this Earth to range
With never death, but ever change.
You always were, and will be aye –

And though it’s written from the start,
Just act your best your little part.
Just be as happy as you can,
And serve your kind, and die – a human being.
Just live the good that in you lies,
And seek no guerdon of the skies.
Just make your Heaven here today –

Robert W. Service

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : May 12th, 2019 at 10:34.
Old May 12th, 2019, 10:34

Meditation

So we may know the Great Father/Mother of all life better
And feel Their wisdom, love and power,
Let us tune into their frequency in our meditation hour.
To tap into Divine greatness and use Its gifts each day,
We need to learn how to encounter it in a meditative way.
Making friends with the Universal Forces and finding out Its will,
Takes the inner silence where all is calm and still.

Nature’s forces are best observed in life’s quiet things.
Through Snowflakes softly falling like on Angel’s wings
Or the petals unfolding of a rose.
That’s how the Divine reveals itself to us
When our whole being is in repose.

So let’s carefully think about and plan to allocate
A portion of each day for being still and meditate.
When all is quiet within and without in deep meditation,
Our spirit and soul experience the kind of initiation
That enables us to quietly and peacefully endure
The outer world because we know
That in God we are secure.

Helen Steiner-Rice
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : May 16th, 2019 at 10:32.
Old May 16th, 2019, 10:32

On The Wings Of Prayer

God and the Angels are as much
Part of us as we are of them.
That’s why every prayer is heard and responded to.
But because of our karmic debts and
The lifepath we ourselves once chose to walk,
Sometimes the answer has to be ‘No!’

Nonetheless, all burdens that are too heavy
To be carried on our own
Can be made more bearable
On the wings of prayer.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : May 18th, 2019 at 07:16.
Old May 18th, 2019, 07:17

The Children Of This World

One of the many Bible quotes that seems to have perplexed the sages for a long time has come to us through St. Luke 16:8+11: ‘For the children of this world are wiser in their generation than the children of light. Wherefore make unto yourselves friends out of the mammon of iniquity, so that – when you die – they may receive you into everlasting dwellings.’ James Joyce, in his short story ‘Grace’ from the collection ‘The Dubliners’, came to the conclusion that this is the most difficult Scripture text to interpret properly. Yet, from the evolutionary level our race has reached by now, finding the hidden truths in such quotes is no longer difficult. I believe that teachings of this nature found their way into the scriptures because humankind – when the Christ Spirit spoke to our world through the legend of the Master Jesus – was still unready to grasp the higher meaning behind words like many of those of the Bible and other spiritual guide books.

Finding them would come soon enough when our race had moved further along the evolutionary road. This is much simpler than anyone could have imagined at the time the teachings were first given. Yet, if humankind’s mental contortions – see the chapter ‘Women and the Goddess’ – of past ages led us down ever darker alleyways of corruption and abuse of power, even this took place for wise reasons and served a higher purpose. Undoubtedly, the suffering caused by sheer ignorance contributed significantly to the growth of every individual soul and that of our world. At all times the great wisdom of the Divine knew that with every experience, especially those that are considered to be bad, humankind’s consciousness would expand. At the same time, our longing and yearning for finding truth and peace in our world would grow ever stronger. As a result, when both finally came to us and our world, we would not only be good and ready for them but we would appreciate them and guard and protect them as the precious gifts they truly are.

By the way, the text of the second verse again shows a marked difference between the copy of the Bible James Joyce used and Lamsa’s translation, which reads: ‘If, therefore, you are not faithful with the wealth of iniquity, who will believe that there is any faith in you?’ My own interpretation of this is: ‘If, therefore, you are dishonest in your dealings with the material world, who will believe you when you say that you are trustworthy in matters of faith?’ Mammon was the Syrian God of earthly riches; in the New Testament he stands as a symbolism for earthly wealth and greed, as opposed to the human soul’s hunger for spiritual wealth and understanding. The concept of Mammon was in those days presented to us as if it was in opposition to God and therefore evil. Yet, earthly wealth is not inherently evil; nothing in the whole of Creation is. Our motivations and intentions of how to use something on the Earth plane alone decides whether in our minds and hands it turns into something good or evil.

Who are the children of this world and those of the light? The way I see it, every soul that is on the Earth plane at any given time is one of the children of this world. The children of the light are those who can be found in the world of spirit, behind the veil of consciousness that separates our two worlds, recovering from the strains and stresses of their latest sojourn into physicality. Once we shed our physical bodies, to enable us to move over the threshold into our true home, the world of light, we know that we are children of the Great Light that illuminates and brings forth all life. In that state it is easy for all of us to recognise that in truth God’s children on both sides of the veil are children of the light. On that level of life we make conscious contact with the wise ones who are in charge of us, our Masters and Angels. Whilst resting in that world, there eventually comes the moment when every soul becomes restless for more earthly learning and growth that will enrich and expand its consciousness.

I see the generation mentioned in the Bible as a symbol for every one of our Earth lives that provides our soul with fresh learning and growing experiences that helps us to grow up from spiritual infancy and childhood into mature adulthood. It stands to reason that in each generation, i.e. with every new lifetime spent in physicality, the soul becomes more understanding of life in general and of spiritual concepts in particular, than it was during all its previous earthly sojourns. That is why I do not share the belief that we come into this life without anything and that we pass out of it again with nothing. This is only true for to the physical aspects of life.

For as long as its spiritual/karmic balance sheet still shows too many entries on the debit side, a soul on the inner spiritual level can be immensely rich and at the same time very poor. To me, the discussion of nature versus nurture is a futile one. I believe that about 95% of our character traces have been developed in previous lifetimes and that only 5% is acquired during this one. That is certainly the case for old souls, i.e. experienced ones who have been recycled a great many times, of which there are at present quite a few in our midst.

Without exception, we have been created from love and to love each one of us eventually returns. To love and act with gentleness and kindness in all our encounters that alone is our true natural state. Everything else is part of our earthly learning experiences only and, therefore part of the illusion of Earth and a temporary development phase only. The core of everybody’s being is spirit and pure consciousness that requires a great many lifetimes of studying – each must do this through their own first hand experiences – until our soul finally finds its own way back home into our true nature again. The way I see it, possession and possessiveness are earthly things; in truth we do not possess anything or anyone. Even the physical bodies we walk around in do not belong to us; they have to be handed back to Mother Earth, at the end of each lifetime.

As the human soul progresses on its evolutionary pathway, each through its own experiences steadily gathers knowledge and finds wisdom that help its consciousness to expand. Slowly, it moves forwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral of life, and the only thing that truly ever belongs to it is its consciousness; whatever we add to it in understanding through our learning experiences is ours to keep in all eternity. That is why no child that was ever born on this plane of life entered into a new lifetime with nothing. Accompanying each new tiny body is always a fully formed soul and spirit, at whichever evolutionary level it may have reached up to then. The soul is the vehicle in which we bring the consciousness we have gained thus far in other lifetimes with us. Makes you think, doesn’t it? Any fresh learning we find during each lifetime we take with us into our other world, in preparation for all coming ones – and way beyond, when we have finally reached the evolutionary level that Earth life can no longer teach us anything.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old May 23rd, 2019, 06:36

The Natural End Of All Religions

As pointed out many times in other parts of my jottings, in the New Age all religions will go from our world and that for the simple reason that there will no longer be any need for them. Considering how much misery and suffering they have brought and still are doing to this day, this gives us plenty of grounds for rejoicing.

Have you ever asked yourself, as I have: ‘What does religion actually mean?’ In its original sense religion signified the respect for what is sacred and the reverence for the Gods. The word stood for an obligation and the bond between humankind and the Gods. It is derived from the Latin religio, the ultimate origins of that word are obscure. One possibility is an interpretation traced to Cicero, connecting lego ‘read’, i.e. re – like in again – plus lego in the sense of ‘choosing’, ‘going over again’ or ‘considering carefully’.

Modern scholars such as Tom Harpur and Joseph Campbell apparently favour the derivation from ligare ‘bind, connect’, probably from a prefixed re-ligare, i.e. re – again – + ligare or ‘to reconnect,’ which was made prominent by St. Augustine, following the interpretation of Lactantius. The medieval usage alternates with order in designating bonded communities like those of monastic orders. We hear of the religion of the Golden Fleece or a knight of the religion of Avys.

Isn’t it sad that the teachings of the religions of our world and the Christian ones in particular contain such a rich store and diversity of gems of spiritual truth and that to this day far too many of them are still misunderstood and misinterpreted? What a pity that the spiritual progress of so many of the remaining religions is unnecessarily hampered by too narrow a field of vision.

Fortunately, there have always been groups and associations on both sides of the veil of consciousness that separates our two worlds, who were and still are genuinely working with the Highest levels of life for the blessing and healing of us and our world. With hindsight it is easy to see that what those who failed to pursue this aim did not understand that true religion is a matter of the heart and never had anything to do with dogma and creed. The only concern of true religion is the re-establishment and reinforcement of humankind’s heart relationship with our Creator, the Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life.

An essential part of the learning curve of the patriarchy lessons was that with the passing of time its religions, with their all-male Divinity, suppressed ever more forcefully the wisdom of the feminine, the Great Mother. Without this, all these religions could hope to achieve was putting a roof on the structure of their belief systems because they ignored the fact that of necessity the teachings of the legends of their scriptures were in truth based on and had their origin in the spiritual/esoteric background of life. Without this any religion lacks the necessary foundation that acknowledges humankind’s true reality, origin and home, the world of spirit and light, from which all myths and legends of the past once emerged.

The result of this was that the interests of the religious organisations’ employees were given preference to caring for the spiritual wellbeing of the communities they were meant to serve. For many centuries the establishments involved remained blissfully unaware of the fact that the foundations of any construction have to be laid before a roof can be put on its top. The most basic underpinning of all life, not merely that of religious institutions, is humankind’s relationship with its Creator. As soon as this has been duly attended to, the rest of the structure comes right on its own.

Only when the human soul’s spiritual beliefs finally rest in a deep inner understanding of God’s true nature and its own, can total and unconditional love and respect, tolerance and understanding for all life and the One who created it grow organically from what our inner guidance intuitively tells us what is true. Only when our faith is based on this foundation and has established and embedded itself deep in our hearts and souls, can the temple of healing and peace that exists on the inner plane of life manifest itself in our earthly self and rise from there into the Heavens.

Recommended Reading:
‘The Religion Of The New Age’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old May 24th, 2019, 07:21

You Only See One Side Of The Picture

The following is the essence of a teaching from the White Eagle group of spirit guides under the above heading, which appeared in Stella Polaris, the bi-monthly magazine of the White Eagle Lodge June/July 2011: ‘Because God is the designer of the great plan of life and of every small plan within it, S/He sees all sides of any picture. This applies to individuals as much as groups and nations, and all manner of institutions and organisations. God is all loving, giving and forgiving and whatever your heart truly desires is given unto you, so that you may enjoy it and also learn something from it. If it’s violence, warfare and acts of terrorism your heart yearns for, you are allowed to get on with it – though only up to a certain point.

‘Your wish will be granted, but unknown to you at a price, because the law of cause and effect, also known as the law of Karma, in the fullness of time returns every one of your thoughts, words and actions in some way to you. For example, in one of your future lifetimes, maybe while you are still a small child, you could become the victim of an act of terrorism. The people around you would then be thinking and saying how terrible your death is. Whenever they see suffering, perhaps mangled bodies and death caused by mindless acts of violence, they are likely to ask: ‘Why should this kind of thing happen to innocent souls who have no idea why they have to suffer?’ Everything that takes place in your world is of a karmic nature. Good and bad events alike have their origin in that which was done by the people involved in their previous lifetimes.

‘For a long time the earthly mind of all human beings is ignorant of anything that does not relate to its present existence. Yet, as each one moves along the evolutionary spiral of life, their soul gradually develops some wisdom and understanding. And if you could watch the spiritual enlightenment that can be found in any kind of suffering, you would recognise that the misery in truth is a precious gift and that there is every reason for being grateful for it. Your heart would fill with even more gratitude if you could see how merciful God is and how the end of every catastrophe is invariably crowned with something beautiful. A just reward waits for everyone who is affected by them, not only when they arrive in the world of light, but also in their future lifetimes on the Earth, unless all their Karma has been cleared away and they will be allowed to move on to experiences of a higher nature.

‘Compensation is one of the five great laws of life and the greatest gift that arises from suffering is undoubtedly soul growth. But it also means paying the debts that are likely to have accumulated in your spiritual bankbook in the course of many lifetimes. Without redeeming yourself and balancing your spiritual account you cannot be released into lessons of a higher nature and exploring other levels of life. You are well on your way when you forgive those who have hurt and wounded you and your loved ones and place everything into the hands of your Christ Self, you are nailing the desires of your lower nature for revenge and retribution to the cross of earthly life. When the only thing you want to do is send love and forgiveness to everybody, independent of what may still have to happen to you and your world, your higher nature has taken over. You are at one with God and for you the gates into the freedom of the Aquarian Age are opening wide.

‘Our Creator’s infinite love and mercy cannot be known for as long as human beings remain unaware of their true nature and the higher purpose of their existence. For as long as they look at things only with their worldly eyes, they can perceive but one side of any picture and so fail to recognise the tender loving care that provides for anyone who is suffering, lonely and afraid. If during the early part of their earthly education, people get involved in a catastrophe or maybe are just watching or assisting with removing dead bodies and clearing away the debris of destroyed dwellings, they will say: ‘Aren’t so much devastation and many deaths just awful and senseless?’ Their view of life changes profoundly when they become aware of the spiritual background of life and that the higher forces are taking care of the souls who have been released from their physical bodies in any kind of way, including violent ones.

‘Although the victims of such incidents may not realise what is happening to them, the most careful provisions are being made for each one. When these newcomers arrive on the other side of the veil of consciousness that separates your world from ours, the only thing they know at first is that they are alive and moving and breathing in a world that seems identical to the one they used to know. They may not even realise that they have left their physical body behind. With great tenderness and care the wise ones in charge help them to realise that they are no longer in a physical existence. They are under constant surveillance by us, your spirit Masters and guides, until they have become fully aware of their present state. We delight in witnessing their intense joy and thankfulness for the ease of their move into our world. This is the usual first reaction of those who are finding out that it our realm is as solid and real as the physical world, but much more beautiful and easy to live in.

‘The most tender love watches over the whole of humankind at all times and this does not merely become visible when someone dies. This kind of care has always been with you and forever will be. God and the group of Angels known as the Lords of Karma, as well as many lesser beings in our world are empowered to bring about the conditions that are beneficial for the development of those taking part in earthly life. Although our efforts cannot be perceived by earthly eyes and senses, we only work for that which is good. So, if in future you hear about or witness a disaster, do not wring your hands and say: ‘How terrible! How could God permit such a thing?’ Resist the temptation and remind yourself that you have no idea about the karmic background of anything.

‘To paraphrase words from the Jesus legend: ‘Let those among you who are free from sin, cast the first stone.’ As soon as any kind of situation is viewed from the Karmic angle, it would be most unwise for anyone to pick up a stone, never mind throwing it. And would you dare to throw a stone of condemnation towards the young and inexperienced souls, who are committing such acts? After all, aren’t they your siblings in the family of humankind, your younger brothers and sisters? What they are doing is part of the early phases of humankind’s earthly curriculum, just the same as you had to experience in past lifetimes. Never forget that all of it is provided by God’s wisdom and love. There would be no point in asking God and the Angels to forgive any trespassers against the law of love, because they are standing by and know exactly what is happening.

‘It wouldn’t be your place to forgive those who sin, but you may utter to yourself the following words from the Jesus legend: ‘Father, forgive them, for they know not what they are doing’. Truly, they are completely unaware of what they are doing to themselves, the same you did not know when you had to deal with the same phase of your development. In those days you too would have asked: ‘Why, if God loves His/Her children, are volcanoes and earthquakes permitted? Why, if God loves humankind, are humans allowed to go to war and commit acts of terrorism?’

‘Human souls find peace when their earthly selves realise that they themselves are the ultimate cause of everything that has ever happened on the Earth and is doing so to this day. It could not be any other way because the Universal laws work in exact rhythms and with great precision. There is a great abundance of everything, but as only through the lack of something human beings can learn to appreciate that which they have, sometimes periods when rain is withheld are necessary in earthly life, to teach you the value of water. The same principle applies to war and peace, but even if the warmongering lasts six thousand years, it represents a mere batting of an eyelid in God’s time.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old May 25th, 2019, 06:44

Aspiring healers and lightbringers have to be the builder of bridges, not only between the various kingdoms of the Earth, but also between all other worlds and existences. Our two worlds, the one in physicality, and the other in the world of spirit, where we come from and return to, at the beginning and end of each lifetime, are waiting to be reconciled and fused into one. To this day, many still believe that getting in touch with the world of spirit means communicating with the dead. Such a view could not be further from the truth. Looking at our world, whilst bearing in mind everybody’s true nature and home, one cannot help coming to the conclusion that many on this side of life are the dead ones, i.e. unaware of who and what they really are.

From ‘Healing – The Sacred Marriage’

‘Healers And Healing’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files