The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Dealing with death > Death by suicide
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 2nd, 2008, 09:10

Default A New Perspective on Depression and Suicide

I believe that depression is the most mysterious and serious condition of all, whose full understanding has evaded our race thus far. It is likely to have plagued some of us ever since our spirits and souls were required to descend deeper and deeper into the experiences of life in physicality. Depression must have been the cause of much of the suffering and pain that to this day appears to be such an inevitable part of Earth life. Although it presently rages in our world and in spite of all efforts and research, conventional medicine and psychiatry continue to fail finding effective treatments that instead of temporary relief bring genuine and lasting healing to the sufferer.

Why should this be so? In my view, we shall get no further in this quest unless we are willing to search into the background of depression and suicide. That takes us into a different direction and onto another wavelength, namely the spiritual aspects of life and the realm of the human psyche. I do not mean this in the sense psychiatry uses this word, but am starting from the premise that first and foremost we are spiritual beings and the most vital and beautiful part of our being is by no means our physical body but our spirit and soul.

Realising that only from time to time they are encased in matter, though not only during one single lifetime but a great many, opens some of the inner doors of understanding that have long been closed to human souls. There then dawns in us the understanding that tucked away in the deepest innermost recesses of every soul must rest the memories of our true home and our – only seemingly – lost oneness with God. As a result, we begin to grasp why for every soul occasionally some of its most ancient hidden soul memories should start to bang every more forcefully against the consciousness of its earthly self.

It is doing so in the hope that its other part is by now ready to look at, deal with and release them, once and for all. Such memories do not come to create even more miseries for us. They are intended to remind us that Earth life is not all there is to our existence; that we also have a soul and that this soul is suffering because we, its earthly counterpart, have lost our inner connection with our Highest or God Self, which they have come to help us re-establish.

The deeper our spirit once moved into the experiences of Earth life and the more our earthly self developed its individuality, the weaker our link with the Source of our being grew. Although the recollection of this state gradually faded into the background of our conscious awareness, it was never lost altogether. The more intensely the small self suffers on the Earth plane, the stronger it feels its soul’s longing and yearning to return to its original state of Heavenly bliss, into the union with the One.

As the Greek philosopher Plato, ca. 428-347 BC once put it: ‘The soul yearns to fly home on the wings of love to the world of ideas. It longs to be freed from the chains of the body.’ And to ease our way home, the sadness and the suffering of our world need to be alleviated by an ever growing inner awareness that they are an essential part of every soul’s individual growth process. To enable us to move on to new experiences, we have to learn to let go of people, places, situations and their memories. The doors of the past need to be closed before we can fully enter the ones that are waiting to open for us today, but take heart because no experience ever comes our way for nothing. All of them together contribute to the way we handle the events that are before us now.

Every single day the Universe offers all of us many chances for learning and growing in wisdom and understanding. This continues until eventually we have rediscovered our true nature and come home into the full awareness of our oneness with God and all life. Through every one of their experiences human souls progress on the pathway of their personal evolution and that of their collective consciousness. Each has their own particular road to walk that is unlike any other. Our experiences are ours alone and there is no need to envy anyone theirs, as for all of us life is constantly unfolding simultaneously and at any given moment everybody receives what their true requirements are.

Sometimes pain is necessary to help us forward and there is no point in begrudging it, as it may well be that today’s suffering wishes to bring us the progress and pleasure of tomorrow. With joyful hearts let us therefore accept the unfolding of God’s great and perfect plan in our own lives, and rest safely in the knowledge that the ultimate goal of every human soul’s inner being is this return into our true nature and our loving re-union with our Creator, Father/Mother of all life. For this purpose all remnants of the shadows of the past have to be left behind, so that with each passing day the tasks before us can take us one more step closer to this our final destination.

With love and light,
Aquarius

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/

Last edited by Aquarius : July 3rd, 2015 at 08:45.
Old July 3rd, 2015, 08:47

True friendships last beyond our present earthly existence. We take them with us wherever we go and bring them with us, should another incarnation become necessary. They will then be part of our support system, so there is every reason to nurture our human relationships and look after them, right here and now. Whenever the need for it arises, it is to our advantage to aim to transform even the most difficult and traumatic ones into connections of friendship and love. True love is an eternal bond between two souls, who will always recognise each other, wherever and whenever they may meet again.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old July 3rd, 2015, 11:58

One day when I was in great discomfort, I prayed:
‘Please, save me from pain!’
The Christ responded with: ‘To help you bring forth
My Divine characteristics, so that you can grow ever closer to Me,
Each one of My children of the Earth
Must become familiar with pain.
Unless you have waded through painful experiences yourself,
You cannot hope to ever be able to
Appreciate the depth of another’s suffering.

That’s why your suffering and worldly cares
Are essential parts of your earthly education.
They are My teaching aids which, with the passage of time,
Slowly return you into the conscious awareness
Of your oneness with Me, helping you
To once more become fully united with Me.
Instead of complaining, rejoice!
The more profound your struggles
And the deeper your pain,
The closer your spirit and soul draws to Me.

This is how, for a long time unbeknown to your earthly self,
Your consciousness expands and your soul grows.
Yet, it can only do so through each living their own lives,
Gathering their own experiences, and feeling their feelings,
Sadness as much as joy, and happiness as much as pain.
And whenever something seems too hard or heavy for you to bear,
Wherever you may find yourself, never despair,
But reach out for My hand and call for Me,
And never doubt that I hear you and am there.

I am the only one who can help you work your way through
Every one of your experiences, joyful and sad ones alike.
And although you are but one tiny twig on the tree of life and knowledge,
Each one of you is a many-faceted jewel,
Priceless, precious and loved beyond compare and of immense value to Me.
You are one of the most beautiful flowers in My eternal garden
And I am the gardener, who prunes you constantly,
So that you may flower and mature and bear ever more fruit.’

In spite of all that, I had the audacity to say:
‘Please, give me only the things of life I enjoy.’
And the Christ replied:
‘My dearly beloved child of the Earth,
Isn’t it blessing enough that I have created you and given you life?
From love you have come and to love you are now returning,
For love is My true nature and you being a spark of Me,
It is also yours.
You are on the Earth plane,
So that in the fullness of time you will find
The wisdom and truth that are in Me.
And when I grant you these gifts,
You will be able to appreciate and recognise that
Everything that is in your life is a loving sacrifice from Me.
This includes all things, people and every experience
That will ever come your way.

The Universal Christ Now Speaks To Us And Our World'

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : July 3rd, 2015 at 15:24.
Old July 5th, 2015, 08:40

It’s never too late to send forgiveness to anyone, especially not those who returned to the world of light ahead of us. They are neither dead nor asleep but probably more alive than we are, because they are once more fully aware of their true nature and have been shown by the ministering Angels the karmic debts they left behind. Our loving and forgiving thoughts reach them through the ethers without hindrance. If you have unresolved issues with someone or maybe several people on the other side of the veil of consciousness and long to make peace with them, go right ahead. God and the Angels are delighted whenever one of us requests their help. Ask them to show you how to resolve the issues and through this dissolve the karmic chains that still exist between you.

Forgiveness is the most important ingredient in our quest for more harmonious relationships. It grows from and is a natural consequence of a growing understanding of the true purpose of our present existence and human relationships in particular. Though this can be an extremely arduous task, being merciful is essential for becoming whole – meaning healed – through the integration of all the qualities that are our Divine inheritance.

This is our opportunity for learning how to take possession of each one of them and the most important one of them is learning how to love God’s way and acquiring the ability of a love that understands all, forgives all and heals all. This kind of love isn’t blind, but because it understands it forgives. Loving this way opens our heart’s and soul’s willingness for doing so. Understanding opens our inner vision to the necessity for forgiving and we perceive with great clarity that without it, we shall remain stuck in the past and cannot move on.

The trouble with life is, as the Danish philosopher Soren Kierkegaard put it: ‘Life must be understood backwards, but has to be lived forwards.’ How very true! The best thing about this life is that we are all allowed to make mistakes – nay, maybe we are even encouraged to make them. As long as we learn from them, we will always be allowed to move on lessons of a different nature.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old April 23rd, 2016, 09:12

The Angel In Disguise

There is nothing I can give you that you have not,
But there is much, so very much that –
While I cannot give it – you can take.
No Heaven can come to us,
Unless our heart finds rest in today: take Heaven.
No peace lies in the future
That is not hidden in this moment: take peace.

The gloom of the world is but a shadow.
Behind it – yet within everybody’s reach – there is joy.
There is a radiance and glory in the darkness,
Could we but see; and to see, we have only to look.
I beseech you to look.

Life is so generous a giver, but we –
Judging its gifts by their covering –
Too often cast them away as ugly or heavy or hard.
Remove the covering and you will find beneath it
The living splendour, woven with the love,
Wisdom and power of the Divine.

Welcome it, grasp it,
And you touch the Angel’s hand
That brings it to you.
Everything we call a toil, a sorrow or a duty,
Believe me, the Angel’s hand is there.

That gift is there and the wonder of an
Over-shadowing presence
That protects us, is joyous too.
Be not content with these joys,
For they conceal even greater gifts.

And so, at this time, I greet you –
Not quite as the world sends greetings,
But with profound esteem and with a prayer
That for you, now and forever,
The day may break and the shadows flee away.

Fifteenth Century Prayer

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old September 11th, 2016, 10:28

You Are Born Into Flesh

The following items are the essences of several White Eagle teachings. From ‘The Lightbringer’: ‘You are born into flesh, but in truth you are a spirit and soul who is spending time in earthly life so that your spirit may quicken and grow and once again become conscious of its Divine inheritance. You are by no means limited by your present existence, although to this day millions of people still believe that when their physical body dies, their whole being dies and that’s the end of them. What a surprise they will have when they see their physical body lying inert and dead, and they are still consciously living, in spite of the fact that they have no power to get the earthly body they left behind moving again. This is how your spirit and soul are set free and return into the world of spirit, your true home which is part of the Earth plane.

From ‘Memories of Reincarnation – White Eagle’s Work in the Present Day’: ‘Love is the Universal law of life and God’s will is that you learn how to love wisely, all people and everything else that shares your life with you. This you do by constantly sending out goodwill and light to all. We, your guides in the world of spirit, are working, for a long time unknown to you, on human minds and hearts. The years have been speeding by and we are glad to tell you that humankind has passed the darkest stages of its evolutionary journey.

‘Ever more of you are presently awakening to the inner light of the Christ that is waiting to teach each one of you how to become a perfected son/daughter of God and the human race. As you overcome the desires and passions of your lower animal self, you make room for the living God within you, the Christ Spirit, to manifest in you and your life. The growth of this part of you is our Divine heritage and constant progress in spiritual evolution is your destiny. What you begin today you will continue tomorrow. And in the world of spirit or light you will still be working to guide, inspire and bless humankind, in the same way as many of you are doing, now.’

‘The mystery and the miracle of life is continually making itself known and manifests itself through all your experiences. But those of death reveal themselves when you re-enter into world of spirit and with it regain the conscious awareness that life is eternal. As the spirit and soul withdraw from earthly life they escape into the freedom of their true home, where they are free to explore other levels of existence. Why do you grieve when your loved one has entered into such a much fuller and richer life? Or are you weeping because you are feeling lonely? There is no need for shedding tears over souls who have gone onward to a greater happiness than the Earth plane can offer.’

From ‘Illumination’ first published 1937: ‘Death is a mystery only because you do not understand. As a child is received into earthly life with love and rejoicing, can you imagine with how much more joy returned souls are welcomed to the spirit world? Could you but understand, you would rejoice with them and pray: ‘God, I thank You that my loved one has entered into the fuller and richer life of the spirit.’

‘Would you chain your loved ones down, keep them in some dark cell of age and pain, just because you love them so dearly? Would that be the voice of love? Rather than doing that a truly loving heart cries: ‘Beloved, I raise myself with you into the light. Enter and be joyful there, for in due course I shall be joining you.’

From the Lodge Calendar February 2008: ‘Words can be cheap and may fall as dead ash in the end. Yet, if you base your life on God-action in thought, word and deed, you are acting as a conscious being in the vast world of light where the only genuine and lasting happiness and perfection can be found. Therefore, walk the narrow path of doing what your inner guidance tells you is right. Never forget that you are not walking alone and that your Guardian Angel is helping you in all your endeavours. Whenever you are ready to know more about yourself, God and the world you are living in, it will show you the way.’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old March 18th, 2017, 09:02

Each Day Is A Precious Gift

God is in everything and everything is God,
And before the Great Father/Mother
We are all equally loved, appreciated and valuable.
The law of life is evolution and our earthly existence is a school
And every human being has to start its learning
At the very base of the evolutionary spiral.
In the course of many lifetimes,
Hand in hand with God and the Angels
Each one of us slowly works their way
Forwards and upwards this spiral
Onto ever higher levels of life.

To enable us to do this,
It is necessary to focus only on that which
Is good, right and beautiful in all situations,
People, animals and things alike.
This is the part of the Divine
All of us gradually have to bring forth,
Each from within the very core of their own being.
In this process we become ever more God-like ourselves
And our connection with God and the Angels
Grows increasingly powerful.

For a long time they have been waiting
That we should begin to consciously work
Hand in hand with them,
So they can show us how, with each new day,
We can do our share of restoring a bit more of
The inner and outer balance of our world,
So that peace may come to us and it at last.

Wise ones, who are aware of these things,
Know that each new day is a precious gift
From God and the Angels.
They make the most of every one
By looking forward to everything it is going to bring.
Resting safely in the knowledge that every bit of it
Is in truth a present from the Highest,
They welcome, greet and bless
Whatever comes their way.

No matter what may befall wise ones,
They remain hopeful and
And hold steadfast onto their dreams.
They willingly follow their inner guidance
And give of their best at all times,
Trusting that the Universal laws
Will see to it that in due course
More of the same will return to them.

From ‘Words Of Hope & Encouragement’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old August 6th, 2017, 10:11

Yearning For Our True Home

The Wanderer

I come from highlands down to shore,
The valleys steam, the oceans roar.
I wander silent, joyless here:
My sigh keeps asking! ‘Where? Oh, where?’
Their Sun appears to me so cold,
Their blossoms limp, their life so old;
And what they speak of, empty fare:
I am a stranger everywhere.

Where are you, land, beloved home?
Imagined, sought, but never known!
The land, the land, whence hope does flow,
The land where all my roses grow,

Where friends shall never meet in vain,
Where all my dead shall rise again,
The land that speaks my language true:
Oh land, where are you?

I wander silent, joyless here,
My sigh keeps asking: ‘Where? Oh where?’
The spirits answer my distress:
‘Where you are not, there’s happiness.’

Georg Phillip Schmidt
Translated by Walter A. Aue
Set to music by Schubert

Recommended Reading:
‘Homesickness Of The Soul’
‘Do You Know Where You're Going To?’

Recommended Viewing:
‘The Wanderer’
Sung by Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau

From ‘Comfort for the Bereaved’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old September 9th, 2017, 09:48

To Our Loved Ones In Spirit

So far and yet so near, our spirits entwine.
There’s no divide between your world and mine.
Time is forever, no barriers exist,
Except those created by fear and resist.

Love is the solvent that breaks down all blocks.
It is the key that undoes all locks,
So I open my heart to the Highest light
And welcome its rays by day and night.

So far and yet so near, our spirits entwine.
Be still, beloved hearts.
There really is no divide
Between your world and mine.

Jennie Blowers
Edited by Aquarius
Stella Polaris December 2008/January 2009
Magazine of the White Eagle Lodge

Aquarius
And the Astro Files