The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Dealing with death > Death by suicide
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 3rd, 2009, 18:35

Default Hi everyone

Im new here, i imagine u all were too at some sad point. The thing is, I lost my dad about 3 months ago, cerebral hypoxia due to hanging. Now I'm 29 not too young, but not too old either. It doesnt really matter what age you are when u lose someone, nor what age they are when they go, dont ask me why, but i think it doesnt. You still lose someone. My dad has left a hole in so many peoples lives, although he did commit suicide, I think it was for selfless reasons, since he had not long before been diagnosed with cancer.He waa a medical consultant, knew the eventual outcome, and never smoked and lived a healthy lifestyle. I know I sound calm and collected here, but I have so amny questions going through my head every day, and I cant stop thinking about it. I sometimes feel like trying the same escape...

Thank you all, and sorry for going on about my stuff. x
Old November 24th, 2009, 20:37

Unhappy hi new here also

oct 31 2009, my son was 22 when he left me i still cant say the words.
the hole he left is unreal. i dont seem to be able to cry. i had to move his pu becuase it was more than i could bear to look at but i have his work coveralls where i can touch and smell them.
my basement is full of his model trains that i will soon need to deal with.
i have talked to people who knew him online as far away as england.
if i dont reply right away, if you answer, that is because i have lost the thred.
some times these sites baffel me, that is when i would call my son upstaitrs to fix what ever, his comments was always "oh Mom"
Old November 28th, 2009, 05:24

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, Helen. It's so hard when someone has led a supposedly healthy life and then something like this happens. My dad died about 3 months ago from an abdominal aortic aneurysm and he too had led a healthy life, grew his own vegetables, didn't smoke, rarely drank kept active etc and still this happened to him. It doesn't make much sense. I hope you manage to get through this ok and dont think about doing the same as your dad as it isn/t the answer. As hard as it is without them they wouldn't want us to feel like this. Not really sure what I'm trying to say but if you need someone to talk to I'm here.
Kate x