The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > The Light Beyond > Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 11th, 2009, 16:51

Default Suggestion

Dear Lucie

I hope you do not mind me making a small suggestion ....no not a suggestion I do not want to put you in any position of feeling you could not do something that will I am sure be rather difficult. So in light of this feel no obligation to this post, and if it is not possible I totally understand.

Could there be a page where our loved one could just have a small short sentence, nothing more, saying when they were born and when they passed away and possibly a small avatar chosen from whatever you could set in place

Ie :: Cheryl McDonald Born @@@@ Left us @@@@

Gone but always in our hearts (AVATAR ??? A Cross or similar
Old January 12th, 2009, 08:31

Default what a good idea

Dear Disilian
what a good idea lets hpoe its possible how are you both today
Old January 12th, 2009, 17:35

Default Hello Mrs Pooh

Nice to hear from you, and I hope you are managing to extend your getting out and about a bit more. I realise how hard this may have been for you and please keep working at it.We were not in the least bit good, especially last evening , went to bed at 11.30 and wife did her usual crosswords while I read my book, I love reading but only factual books. Anyhow we both woke around 2.30 one or other of us woke the other and talked as usual of Cheryl and how lonely our dinner times and mornings are. So we both got up and had tea untill 3.15. Went back to bed and finally got to sleep. We have so many nights like this now. Alistair is still visiting Cheryl and quietly talking to her. He misses his wife, friend and best pal so much. Us we feel Cheryl is closer when he drops by. We will never make him feel tied to us and know he needs to lead his own life whatever that may become.Our lonliness just gets more intense each day. We do have each other but find we have nothing left to say about all that has happenend. Cheryl's small picture is on her headstone and makes her death so final. We still light the candles on a Saturday and Steve is another memory for us .We just take each day as it comes, sometimes not bad other times constant sadness. MUM DAD
Old January 14th, 2009, 07:07
Administrator

Dear Disilain,

I think it's an excellent idea and so I have implemented it this morning for you both, for Cheryl, for mrspooh, for us all.

It's the forum at the top, called In loving memory. I hope you like it - you can in fact upload a photo if you want to, which gives you more freedom than an avatar (although of course you can upload any image of your own choosing, including a cross if you would rather). Let me know if you have any problems using it and I will try to resolve any teething troubles there may be.

Much love to you both,
Lucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISILAIN View Post
Dear Lucie

I hope you do not mind me making a small suggestion ....no not a suggestion I do not want to put you in any position of feeling you could not do something that will I am sure be rather difficult. So in light of this feel no obligation to this post, and if it is not possible I totally understand.

Could there be a page where our loved one could just have a small short sentence, nothing more, saying when they were born and when they passed away and possibly a small avatar chosen from whatever you could set in place

Ie :: Cheryl McDonald Born @@@@ Left us @@@@

Gone but always in our hearts (AVATAR ??? A Cross or similar

Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep: over 250 funeral poems, quotes and readings
If There's Anything I Can Do...: full of practical ways to help the bereaved
Old January 15th, 2009, 17:51

Default new forum page

Dear Lucie

What can I say , I make a suggestion and you have the task completed already...My heartfelt thanks to you.
Once I decide on what I feel is fitting I will have a try and do something appropriate

Many Many thanks for your kind efforts IAN