The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a grandparent
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 6th, 2013, 01:06

Default New Comer

Hello,
I've never been on one of these things before, and I have no idea how they work. All I know is that I went through a very traumatic experience and found my Grandmother passed away in her home this last Monday before thanksgiving. Everything that I saw, and everything that I experienced is stuck in my head and I can't seem to get away from it. I struggle with Major Depression, GAD, and OD. I was already having a hard time before all of this happened due to a ridiculous breakup that was long and drawn out. I'm about to graduate in May from college and then go to grad school, and this next week is finals. It just feels like everything is so HARD since that day we found her. Hoping for some advice. If not, I get it. Not everybody reads these.

Cheers, I guess.
Old December 6th, 2013, 04:31

hi my friend i am leaving you this message to know they are read and always answered to if possible and i can't reply until later on but my thoughts are with you and will message this evening love hazel x
Old December 6th, 2013, 11:17

Finding your grandmother like that has got to be hard on you. The impression will stay with you for a long time, however, the details will subside and you will remember only that you found her. Right now you need to focus on your studies and your grandmother would want you to do that as well. She is gone, she is ok and you need to focus on yourself. I know this is very early on for you and it takes some time to understand what has happened, but you will. Everything feels hard because it is hard. Losing our loved ones is hard. Thanks for sharing your story with us. We do really care about you.
Hugs...
Jacquie
Old December 6th, 2013, 19:37

hi so sorry for your loss and it happened at a very traumatic time in your life exams and a failed relationship first of all realise that exams put great pressure on you thats normal it's a very stressful time and if you have had a breakup with someone you cared about it just wasn't meant to be theres a special person waiting out there for you in the future one that will not love you for months or a few years he will be special throughout your life just take out of the relationship all you learnt the good times and bad it's how we grow and helps to value true love when we eventually find it i know it's difficult when we get hurt it's hard to let go of all the pain but try to concentrate on your future it's going to be wonderful again one day
it must have been so heartbreaking to find your grandmother and you are stuck in the moment of finding her i want to assure you that's not unusual when we first lose a loved one that moment is played over and over again in our minds we all do it it's the shock and to some the worst moment of their lives so of course it's relived for some time but you have to try and remember that moment is in the past it's not still happening she is happy and at peace in heaven
live your life and be happy that's the greatest gift you can give grandmother it's everything she would have wished for you Sometimes in life awful and stressful things can happen all together you must try and gather your strength realise grieving does take time to accept our loss but we all do eventually i wish you well with your exams please let us know how you are we all care for one another on here love hazel xx
Old December 7th, 2013, 01:13

Thank you so much for all of your kind words. I've literally never been on one of these things before, and it doesn't really feel like my family around me gets it. Ever since it happened, I feel very disconnected from myself. Like driving somewhere and not remembering how you got there, only all the time. Apparently this is normal, but the magnitude of it is pretty disturbing to me. I've always been hard on myself to the point of obsession, so I guess that could have something to do with it.
My dad was an only child and lost his dad when he was 15. A lot of his reactions to everything were very shock-like. I had to take care of a lot of details for my grandmothers service, and I feel like I'm in some sort of delayed exhaustion regarding that.
Its so weird, I feel like an old woman. I'm only 23 years old, and I'm about to graduate undergrad in May and then go on to grad school. I KNOW I have great things ahead of me, but right now I just feel stuck. Like this event has me stuck in park and I don't know how to shift gears.
Old January 20th, 2015, 08:30

Default forum angels

hello kjv, i read your post today, I'm so very sorry for your loss of granny and finding her as you did, you did the right thing in coming here for a helping heart, the angels on here will listen and do all they can to be here for you to the best of their ability. it isn't a very kind world out there but here you will find support and comfort, these dear ones have been there and understand. i just looked in today and found your post dear kjv if i may say a prayer for you, hope you will find peace in your heart you have an amazing future ahead of you, pleased be blessed.

sending hugs

chrissie. xx