The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Relax, chat and inspire > Chat room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 13th, 2008, 15:12

Default Do you have pets ?

I love animals and think they are sometimes more important to me than people so i was interested if you have pets ?

Me and my husband bought out first dog, a german shepherd called Sasha in July 99 but she passed away in October 2000, still a baby really

But to get over my grief, i got a beautiful german shepherd called Morgan in December 2000 and then another amazing german shepherd called Abbie in December 2004.

I love them like they are my kids, they are my kids !!!
Old March 17th, 2008, 20:30

Nicola, you sound like me. I have 2 pit bulls & they are my babies. Between you & me, sometimes I like them better than my kids (they don't talk back LOL). Kaos is my male & Nairobi is my female. They are both 4 yrs. old & spoiled rotten.
Old March 18th, 2008, 15:25

3 dogs, 2 cats, 4 birds, & 2 horses

I use to work in animal rescue and adoption. Everyone still brings there unwanted animals to me. I'll find homes for them all given time. In the mean time they are spoiled rotten.
Old March 19th, 2008, 07:32

Gina, you are very like me !!! My two girls are the best, they are full size german shepherds but the softest natured dogs in the whole world !!

At present they are lying on my sofa together having a little cuddle and a nap !!!
Old March 21st, 2008, 00:52

I get so angry when people look horrified when I say pit bull. I got Kaos when he was 3 mos. old from a friend who couldn't keep him & I rescued Nairobi when she was a yr. old from a bad situation. At first I was a little nervous with her but she turned out to be the sweetest little girl. She is a little needy as far as attention but that's okay. The entire neighborhood actually knocks to see them both kids & adults. They are also smart & very well behaved. Sacbac, I always have people asking me to take an animal (rescued) but I can't do it, I get to attached. I give you alot of credit. I would love to be able to help but I would end up with a house full of animals.
Old March 21st, 2008, 00:59

Nicola, I almost forgot to ask, do you like the dogs better than the e kids too (LOL)?
Old March 22nd, 2008, 07:50

I don't have any kids and i dont want any either, my dogs are my babies. I just love animals so much more.

I hate it too when you mention you have like a pitbull, german shepherd or whatever and people automatically think your dog is a savage that sole goal is to eat their children !!!

My two can look really scary if they are at my window barking at the postman or a delivery person but they are just guarding their home, if i had to invite a delivery person into my home, they would be quite happy to be their friend, give them paws and kisses and demand hugs from them.

I would like my next dog to be a rescue, i want to give some poor little guy a second chance in life x
Old March 22nd, 2008, 20:41

Well, I can't say Nairobi is good with people in uniforms. I think that is from where she came from. She is fine with anyone else. They are amazing when it comes to sensing my feelings. If I don't like someone, they stay away from them.
Old March 26th, 2008, 06:47

I'm new here, but had to jump in when I saw pets!!!

I have a five year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Daisy. She is so adorable. I don't have any kids, so Daisy is our dog-kid. Right now my husband and I are staying with my parents, and they have a Blue Point Himalayan, Niko. Niko and Daisy are the cutest friends. They follow me all over the house. I just love it.
Old March 26th, 2008, 07:11

God, aren't pets the best ?

I'm going to try and put a link on this post to a picture of them so lets see if it works.

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.js...oId=4312033120