The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a parent
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 24th, 2008, 20:21

I made it through Easter. I will talk about that later in the post but first I must shed some light on how things happened so you can understand where I coming from. Mom's death was totally unexpected. She went to the hospital for vommitting, 7 days after surgery to remove an obstruction. She died 3 days later on life support. The doctors neglected and failed to diagnose her. She died of an pneumonia and septic shock which is a horrible way to go. My father is the one that needs help. He's trying to replace my mom to ease his pain. He started looking for someone 3 months after her death. And now he's with a woman who does not care about what we, my mother's children are going through.
I did go to my Dad's on Easter but I came later when the woman was not going to be there. And I'm so glad I did not have to see her because my other 2 siblings said they flirted with each other, laughed like teenagers in love and it made them sick. I could never have dealt with that. I set the boundaries with my father that he keep his relationship separate from me. I do not want to see my dad carry on like that when I'll never hear my mom laugh again.
He's in deep pain and denial and had to remind myself, he's not himself or the dad I knew but I love him none the less. When I got there for Easter, I served food and cake. We watched movies I never saw before of us as children and I honored my mother with a special Easter basket I made and I was ok with that.
We, as a family have alot ahead of us. We need time to grieve and heal and learn to be a family again. But none of that can happen if this woman keeps pushing her self on all of us. So that's the real story.
Old March 24th, 2008, 22:06

I'm glad Easter was okay for you, Rachele. I was thinking about you yesterday.
My day was hard. Every year since Grandma died, Grandpa & I would go to the cemetary for every holiday. He has only been gone eleven days & I miss him like crazy. It's still hard to think of never seeing him again. I don't think the reality of it has hit me yet, but it will.
Old March 25th, 2008, 13:19

I understand your pain and especially the tears. I'm still crying about my parent's death, well over 20 years ago. Celebrating the holidays are the worst, so I don't celebrate anything anymore. This isn't good, I know.

Please try to let your dad know how you feel, or better yet, try to figure out how he was able to get over your mom's death. Just because he's with another woman now doesn't mean he doesn't love your mom any longer.

Try to be strong for the rest of your family. They need you as much as you needed your mom.