The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a parent
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 15th, 2007, 12:31

Send a message via MSN to Aimeelou

I lost my dad this year and i was 23, i had just given birth to my baby boy aswell, so it was quite an emotional and difficult time, i don't think i could have kept going, the only thing that did keep me going was my little boy, i knew i had to keep it together for him
Old November 30th, 2007, 20:40

I lost my mom 4 months ago. I am 37 and also feel like I lost her too soon. I feel like a part of me has died with her. We had similar interests like that of friends and it is difficult to do the things we shared without her. I miss her so much. We had a wonderful mother/daughter relationship that I am grateful for. I have never been a spriitually connected person; but after she died, I have received signs from her that I know was her gift to me.
Old December 14th, 2007, 15:00

Default Age and Death

Both my parents died less than three years ago - six months apart. I was 35 when dad died and had just turned 36 when mum left. I am a fully grown adult by the worlds standards, but I've never felt more child like inside. The world feels empty, lonely and changed. Its like someone lifted me and planked me on another planet where everything looks the same, but nothing is - someone has subtely changed everything. I feel too young to have lost my parents too, but most folk wouldn't agree, I've had a lot of people comparing my pain to people much younger than me, or to parents who have lost children. None of it helps - I guess they mean well, but they just add to the pain.

I happen to think that loss is loss and no one even parents losing children has the right to say their pain is worse or deeper. We all grief something different. We grief for all the years we have shared and for the years ahead we know we have no one to share with.

I am not married and do not have a famly of my own. I lived with my parents, they were both ill towards the end, but as sick as they were I never really believed they woudl leave me and you know if it had been their choice they woudl never have left me.

AGe isn't important, but when you're older, you feel under pressure from the world to recover quicker. Pick yourself up, brush yourself off and get on - if only it were so simple. I'm almost three years down my walk of grief and still htere are days when if feels like its just happened, when the realisation that they are gone dawns again and again and the sick feeling in the pit of my stomach wells up.

Life is tough when you're an adult orphan. The point of it somethings is hard to work out.
Old February 7th, 2008, 14:22

Sorry no story of mine but its nice that you shared your story with us on this forum.This is a good forum to share everything.
Old February 8th, 2008, 09:39

I was 32, my sister 29 and my youngest sister 18. It's so hard and i dont think ive even started to deal with it yet.

My story is in another post i started if you want to read it x
Old February 20th, 2008, 15:18

i just recently lost my mum.it has been 4 months and not a day has gone by i have not missed her or cryed.i was 29 when i lost her to a heart attack,she was 60 years old.the grief is unbearable and sometimes i feel like i cant go on without her.i feel robbed of about 20 years with her.she was everything to me.however i do have the support of my dad and family,also a wonderful boyfriend and i will get through this but never over it.
Old February 24th, 2008, 18:30

I lost my father to a sudden heart attack six years ago when I was 12, my father was 46 at the time.
Old February 26th, 2008, 15:35

I am 21 years old now but i lost my mum a month before my 21st birthday......only 6 months ago, my mum was 50 when she died.
Old March 19th, 2009, 00:10

My dad committed suicide at age 33, ten days after I turned 11 and eight days before he would have turned 34. Now, almost 22 years later, I feel like I still haven't processed it. Feel like I'm stuck at age 11 when it comes to death.
Old March 19th, 2009, 04:00

Default Too young

I'm 31 and my mom was 54. She passed away three weeks ago. I feel like a five year old girl who's missing in a shopping centre and i can't find my mom. Lost.