The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a spouse or partner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 26th, 2014, 20:39

Unhappy Sad

Its My Birthday fast approaching the first one in over 20 years I haven't spent with my husband Im lucky to have my children and family but its just not the same. its hard to let everyone know that im grateful for there help and wishes but its just the same i have mixed emotions.
Old October 26th, 2014, 21:46

hi takentime this is probably the first of the many special days you have to go through without your husband and yes it's going to be tough but try and be strong you have been through some terrible months of grief and i found the thoughts of the imminent special days are heartbreaking because you know the day is coming and you know it will be hard without him but so is every other day this one will be no worse than any other no day can be when your grief is so new and raw you will get through it with the help of your family friends and children You have to accept before the day arrives it.s not going to be the same as before so try and do something completely different something special for yourself take some quiet time to sit alone and feel his love coming to you from heaven feel his love and presence with you and know even though he.s only there in spirit he needs you to find some joy in the day then go out and do your best to achieve his wish my thoughts are with you and i pray you find some peace and with all the love that surrounds you you may find some moments of joy on your birthday love hazel xxx