The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a parent
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 20th, 2008, 22:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenennyl View Post
Hi, i am 29, 30 in two months i lost my dad 4 months ago and i to feel to young to be going through this, i don't know how i am doing it but i am, all i can say to you is keep working at it you will get there.
My sister felt the loss of my dad very hard as he died th day before her 21st, she feels as though she has missed out sharing all those special land marks in her life with him, but in some way she knows that he will see them. Take care of yourself.
I'm sorry for your loss, and that must have been especially hard for your sister. Thanks for the kind words, and I hope you're doing okay.

Much love xxx
Old March 20th, 2008, 22:18

Hey I just thought I'd let you know how I'm getting on, as you can see in the replies I've written above I've stopped getting panic attacks but my mood is still very low, but at least Citalopram seems to have some effect. With regard to Cruse however, they left me a voicemail in response to one I left for them, but I keep trying to phone back and get no response. I've left a couple more voicemails but I'm starting to get pretty despondent about it. I also rang a support group in Newcastle that I won't name, and was very unimpressed by the unhelpful manner of the woman on the phone as I was asking if the meeting would be on and if she could give me an idea of whereabouts it was. The answer to both was 'I don't really know'. Helpful. Hmph.

Anyways thanks for everyone's support.

xxx
Old March 27th, 2008, 04:00

I can't imagine going through a loss that happened as suddenly as yours did. Well, it does take me back to when my baby son died from SIDS a very long time ago. You see them one day and the next they're gone forever. I don't think that anything can prepare a person for that.

Be good to yourself and your loved ones. {{{hugs}}}
Old March 27th, 2008, 07:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie89 View Post
Hey I just thought I'd let you know how I'm getting on, as you can see in the replies I've written above I've stopped getting panic attacks but my mood is still very low, but at least Citalopram seems to have some effect. With regard to Cruse however, they left me a voicemail in response to one I left for them, but I keep trying to phone back and get no response. I've left a couple more voicemails but I'm starting to get pretty despondent about it. I also rang a support group in Newcastle that I won't name, and was very unimpressed by the unhelpful manner of the woman on the phone as I was asking if the meeting would be on and if she could give me an idea of whereabouts it was. The answer to both was 'I don't really know'. Helpful. Hmph.

Anyways thanks for everyone's support.

xxx
I'm glad the medication seems to be working, it certainly worked for me although the sleepiness was a pain in the bum The sleepyness didnt go away completely for me ( apparantly it does for most people ) but it definitely did subside. Hopefully you should see your mood picking up a little.

If you need anyone to talk to, just msg me x