The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Religion and spirituality
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 29th, 2016, 10:13

There Is No Death

Extract from a talk at a Remembrance Service by White Eagle, from ‘The Way of the Sun’: ‘There is no death. Of what are you afraid? You may look upon an empty shell – like the shell of a chrysalis – and say: ‘This is death!’ No, this is not death, it is rebirth and life. Life continues. It always is, always has been and forever will be. We, your guides from the world of light, who are fully conscious of having passed the great initiation called death, come to you having crossed the bridge of love, which is partly created by the love you are giving us. God, the Great Spirit, has so created you and your bodies – your physical and your higher bodies – that you have the power within you to commune with those you love in the world of spirit. You have material available for the construction of this bridge between your physical world and the worlds on the higher ethers. We are coming to you and you can also learn to join us in full consciousness.

‘In your earthly life you can be builders, together with us, your companions of your spirit, of a bridge between your state of life and the higher life. When humankind has accomplished this task in full consciousness, it will know that the Angels and Masters, the great siblinghood of the Christ Star, are with you to inspire and assist you with all your tasks in earthly life. This does not mean shifting your present responsibilities onto the companions of your spirit. It means you yourself are acting on the Divine laws of the Universe. Some people seem to think they can sit back and let God and the Angels do the work. This is not the case. You are on the Earth to learn about vital spiritual truths and these lessons can only be learnt through everyone’s own daily experiences. You have to learn to do and act with love and great care. Merely saying so is not good enough.’

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/
Old April 26th, 2016, 07:46

Death Is Smaller Than I Thought

My Mother and Father died some years ago,
I loved them very much.
When they died my love for them
Did not vanish or fade away.
It stayed just about the same,
Only a sadder colour.
And I can feel their love for me,
Same as it ever was.

Nowadays, in good times or bad,
I sometimes ask my Mother and Father
To walk beside me or to sit with me,
So we can talk together
Or be silent.

They always come to me.
I talk to them and listen to them
And think I hear them talk to me.
It’s very simple –
Nothing to do with spiritualism
Or religion or mumbo jumbo.

It is imaginary.
It is real.
It is love.

Adrian Mitchell

From ‘Comfort for the Bereaved’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old May 26th, 2016, 07:41

To my mind, the best news the new age has brought us from the highest levels of life is that, quite literally, there is no death. There is absolute continuity in life which eternally continues without disruptions. Whenever one door closes for one of us, at physical death, another one instantly opens and we re-enter our true home, the world of spirit. Another, to my mind equally important truth we are re-discovering is that although we love the people that accompany us on our way through life, some more than others, everybody’s truly beloved dwells within. This part is our God or Highest Self. For a very long time now it has been waiting to be called upon by us directly, so that it can guide and protect us and keep us safe in all Eternity – and that quite literally.

In ‘The Tenant of Wildfell Hall’ Anne Bronté describes the way she perceives the process of death as follows: ‘To regret the exchange of earthly pleasures for the joys of heaven [the world of spirit] is as if the grovelling caterpillar should lament that it must quit the nibbled leaf, to soar aloft and flutter through the air, roving at will from flower to flower, sipping sweet nectar from their cups, or basking in their sunny petals. If these little creatures knew how great a change awaited them, no doubt they would regret it, but would not all such sorrow be misplaced?’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old August 23rd, 2016, 12:18

Our Unseen Friends And Helpers

We are advised to leave the departed ones alone for about three months after they have passed away. This gives those who take care of us, in the spirit world, a chance to restore us after the ordeal we have gone through. This must be particularly necessary when someone has passed after a long and painful illness or other traumatic circumstances. Depending on the degree of our own awareness at the time of our passing, going through such a complete transformation, is probably hardly ever an easy task.

But, there never is any lack of help with us and around us – in this world and the next. Whenever we would like to get in touch with a loved that world, I feel it is best to ask our own and their Guardian Angel, to bring them into our heart. There is no doubt in my mind that come they will, only too happily, when asked. They are always there for us, waiting to be called upon and invited into our heart’s consciousness. All that needs doing is sending them a loving thought and, instantly, we are with them and they with us.

Each one of us has a group unseen guides and helpers in the world of spirit who are around us and with us, at all times. Our loved one is part of our group, and as soon as they have rested sufficiently, they will be only too happy to help us when we reach out for them. Whether or not we are as yet aware of the presence and the work of these unseen helpers makes no difference; they are there in any case. I imagine that you are aware that God’s great wisdom and love also has provided each one of us with a Guardian Angel, who lovingly takes care of us. From the moment of our creation, it has accompanied our pathway, not only throughout this lifetime, but all previous ones.

Isn’t it a wonderfully comforting thought that it will also be there for us if we require further lifetimes in physicality sometime in the future. As mentioned earlier, what we acquire in learning and consciousness in one lifetime remains ours in all eternity. Nothing in this life happens by chance, and if you already knew about the presence of the Angels as a child – and what a blessing that must be! – it is a sign that in previous lifetimes you did your spiritual footwork better than I did, because there was no such comfort for me, earlier in this lifetime.

For a long time I thought that things like Guardian Angels were just pretty stories, made up for those who were a bit soft in the head. I am glad to know better, now. Life does continue to present us with tests and trials, but they too become easier to cope with, knowing that we are never alone in our struggle. As one becomes aware that there are different dimensions to our being, and all the help that is available to us, life is not as painful and lonely any more. Most important, to me, is to know that our trials and tribulations always serve a good purpose, namely to teach us something. This knowledge gives our life direction and purpose.

How good it is to know that we are not alone here on the Earth and that our helpers in the world of spirit do know how difficult life in the material world is for us! They know because they themselves have passed this way, many times. Hence, they know and understand from first hand experience. It is a privilege to be allowed to find such knowledge, which can be likened to a good vintage wine. And we are not meant to keep it to ourselves, but to share it with our brothers and sisters, on the same pathway. So, this is nothing short of an invitation to sharing a glass of this delectable stuff with me. And it goes without saying that it is entirely up to you, whether you wish to partake. One thing I can promise you, if you do. This type of wine will never make you drunk, but it is sure to make you feel better.

Do you find it as odd as I do, and also a great pity, that we all for such a long time deny ourselves this, the most valuable part of our being? Why is it that we are so reluctant and slow to wake up to our true nature? When given time and with practice, it is surprising to find out how comparatively easy it is to get help and guidance from those in the world of spirit, about everything that matters to us and things that bother us. When we feel the need for it, we can ask questions about anything and the answers can come in all sorts of different ways. On occasions, one knows the answer in one’s own our heart quite suddenly; one simply knows something one could not understand before. At other times, it can take days or weeks for things to gradually become clear in our mind or we see something somewhere and, all of a sudden, we just know that this is our answer.

Occasionally we may experience moments when we feel an increasing urge to make peace with the members of our family who have gone before us. This could be our father and/or mother or maybe a beloved grandmother or grandfather. If we suffered from a clash of personalities or there was anything else disturbing our relationship that left unresolved issues between us, it is never too late to attend to them so they can be put to rest, once and for all. When in this way we work on shedding light into the darkest corners of our own psyche and at the same time make peace with those in the world of light, we are assisting the awakening of a vital aspect of our own nature that is likely to have been dormant for many lifetimes.

Through these efforts we come ever closer to reconnecting with the Source of all being, the Great Mother/Father of all life, who takes care of all our needs on every level of our being. Never before has it been of greater importance that we should develop our own inner faith and work on building a belief system for ourselves that supports and nurtures us. The best way of achieving this is by learning from our own first hand experiences and through this growing in understanding and wisdom.

Recommended Reading:

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old August 27th, 2016, 09:03

The Academy Of Earthly Life

Spiritually, not knowing and understanding is darkness. Light begins to come to us steadily and constantly as soon as we make it our business to find out about something. As pointed out in the introduction, Earth life is a place of learning, a school, where every so often we spend brief spells. Even if a lifetime lasts one hundred years and more, it is still but the batting of an eyelid in terms of Eternity. We are in this life to evolve into enlightened beings, healers and lightbringers to our world, each in their own right. We are sparks of the Divine, immortal and eternal beings who cannot die. The essence of our nature is spirit and soul and our true home is the spirit world. Each one of us needs to build for themselves an inner bridge that connects us with our other world.

I believe that for as long as we fail to grasp that our earthly existence is but a temporary state and a passing developmental phase, we shall be unable to shed our fear of death once and for all. Most of those who went there before us still had to wrestle with their fear of death because they did not know any better. But I do hope and pray that, when your time and mine for moving on has come, we shall be able to do so with joy and untouched by fear. It’s good to know that our loved ones who are already there do not love us any less than they ever did. On the contrary, their appreciation for us is likely to have grown stronger, purer and wiser now that they are once again looking at life through the eyes of their spirit self, the essence of their being.

When we have reached the other side of the veil of consciousness that separates our two worlds, we have a much clearer perception of our own inner beauty and qualities as well as those of others. This makes it easy for us to forgive the relationship struggles we had with some of the people we left behind. We now understand that all relationship problems are no more than lessons that are designed to help the parties involved to bring forth and develop the characteristics of their higher Christ nature. The awareness of this makes reaching out and forgiving quite a natural reaction. The knowledge of this is helpful in the case of longstanding family feuds and disputes that have been carried forward from one generation to the next, forever in the hope of one day being able to resolve them. Every new lifetime presents us with fresh opportunities for doing just that.

With a renewed understanding that there is no death, spiritually it is never too late for making peace with anyone and a new beginning. When both parties involved have reached a sufficiently high evolutionary level, it is still possible for them to reach out for each other with love and forgiveness in their hearts, asking God and the Angels to assist with the peacemaking and healing process of some of humankind’s most ancient wounds.

The law of life is evolution and all life is constantly moving forwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral of life, and that on many different levels. Each one of us is a many faceted jewel that is unique and very special. Within us we carry great treasures, but many of them have to remain hidden from our own view for a very long time. But eventually our development reaches the point when we begin to become aware of them one and one small step after another get in touch with and unearth them.

Although on the surface of life our existence appears to be something very permanent and real, sooner or later we have to come to terms with the fact that each lifetime is a but a passing phase and a temporary condition, and that whatever we believe to be ours in material terms, even our physical body, is transient and borrowed. The only thing we truly own is our consciousness. Everything else has to be handed back as soon as the purpose of our present lifetime has been fulfilled. Only then do we move on, no matter how old or young our present physical body may be at the time of our passing.

When with the passing of time ever more of us understand and accept these concepts, vast amounts of unnecessary struggling and suffering will vanish from our world, as if by some kind of magic. All we have to do is make it our business to find out. That’s the beauty of enlightenment.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old August 28th, 2016, 08:32

Bridges Of Love

My parents died a long time ago.
I loved them very much and
When they went from me,
My love for them
Neither vanished nor faded away.

For a while my love seemed to
Took on a sadder colour,
But when I felt that their love for me
Had not changed, my love for them
Deepened and matured.

To this day, from time to time
I turn to my parents
In the world of light and ask them
To walk beside me or just sit with me,
So we can talk or be silent.

They always come when I call
And my heart tells me what they are saying.
It’s all very simple and has nothing to do
With spiritualism, religions or metaphysics.
It’s the power of my imagination
And the bond of love between us
That’s eternal and will never die.

Love is the greatest power of all.
Links of friendship and love like ours
Are bridges of love that span space and time.
Although they are invisible to earthly eyes,
They are eternal and nothing can destroy them.

From ‘Comfort for the Bereaved’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old August 29th, 2016, 08:22

Who Is Blind?

Who Is Blind?
Those who are unable to perceive another world.
Who is dumb?
Those who cannot speak a kind and loving word at the right moment.
Who is poor?
Those who are plagued by too many desires.
Who is rich?
Those whose hearts are contented.

Anon.

From ‘Words & Prayers For Peace, Comfort & Healing’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old September 5th, 2016, 07:46

We Are Our Own Ancestors And Descendants

What a lot of pious talk there is on the Earth plane about the need for leaving our world in a fit state for our children and children’s children, but as always there is a great deal more to this issue than meets the eye. I agree that it is the highest time that we all get our act together and do our share of taking better care of our beautiful planet. After all, the main purpose of our earthly existence is that, hand in hand with God and the Angels, when the time for doing so has come, we should learn how to make our world into a better and more peaceful place, not just for humankind but for all its lifeforms. The way I perceive the matter is that this is just as necessary for us ourselves as it is for those who come through us, our children, and everybody else who will ever walk behind us.

Let me explain. As you know by now, I do not share the view that life is a one-off thing. I do believe – nay, more than that, I know – that each one of us has been before, not just once or twice but a great many times. Each one of us is placed in earthly life to grow and evolve, in the course of many lifetimes, from spiritual infancy, toddlerhood and adolescence into adulthood. Until our earthly development is complete and we have reached this goal, we reappear however many lifetimes this may take for each individual spirit and soul. Each reincarnation into Earth life brings fresh opportunities for paying some of the debts we incurred in previous lifetimes, as well as creating new ones. In some of our lifetimes we reincarnate as a woman and on other occasions as a man. As we move along, we make many mistakes. This too is good and right, as all the while we are learning something from our experiences, our consciousness expands and we grow a little bit more in wisdom and understanding.

And how about this for a mind-boggling conundrum? In truth we are constantly playing the role of our own forebears and in case our curriculum requires further lifetimes on the Earth, on each occasion we shall return as one of our own descendants. And unless we take an active part in blessing and healing our world now, in each future lifetime we shall be newly confronted with the mess we ourselves once helped to make of our planet and left behind unchanged in previous lifetimes.

Let’s take a moment and join those who are in search of their roots. This takes us into the innermost core of life and the moment of our creation, when our spirit first came forth as a seed in the form of a thought from the heart-mind of God. One can only marvel at what has become of us in the meantime. There is no doubt in my mind that the person we are at present is the result of everything that happened to us from that moment onwards. All of it has been helping us towards growing ever more into the conscious awareness of our roots and origin as children of the Divine. Yet, in spite of the fact that on the outer level of life during each lifetime we appeared in a different guise, on the inner plane we remained the same. One cannot help marvelling that you were always you and I was me, and that is what we shall be forever.

Should our evolutionary program demand further sojourns through earthly life, we shall be appearing as the offspring of the one we presently are. Therefore, it stands to reason that any improvements we now make to our character and also our world are as much on behalf of ourselves as of our children’s children. This highlights the urgency of seriously getting to work on ourselves as well as finding satisfactory solutions for the issues that to this day are facing us and our world.

We live in extraordinary times of Mother Earth’s transformation and the homecoming of our race into the conscious awareness of God’s true nature and our own. And so it is not surprising that many are feeling the urge of finding and reconnecting with their roots. For a long time we keep on reincarnating through the same family groups. But eventually we reach the point when we have become sufficiently evolved for the superconscious faculties of our nature begin to unfold and our inner and outer horizons start to broaden. And so, with the help of the wise ones in charge of us, we decide to be born into other cultures and civilisations, to become familiar with their customs, outlook on life and religious/spiritual aspirations.

For these souls it would be futile to search for their origins on the outer level of life. They know that everybody’s true roots belong to the inner dimensions and therefore can only be found through journeying inwards. In this way we reconnect with our Highest or God Self, and through this becoming aware of our oneness with God and all life.

In contrast to them, young and inexperienced souls during their early lifetimes on the Earth plane are likely to misinterpret any of the promptings they receive from their inner being. They cannot help themselves because so far their earthly self has not yet discovered that there is such a thing as a spirit and a soul as well as an inner home, and that they too have these things. This is why one finds people in many countries of our world who are busily digging in the archives of earthly life for their roots. More highly evolved souls smile at their efforts. They can see no point in the ordinary type of genealogical research, because they are already consciously walking the highway that takes all of us together up the spiritual mountain and eventually – each one on their own – home into the final reunion with God.

Now that you are aware that you have been your own ancestor, I would like to challenge you to take a good look at your family tree. When you consider the ancestral line-up in front of you, bear in mind that in some of your lifetimes you yourself could either have been an eminent person or a particularly ill-fated and unfortunate one. Should you be in danger of shedding crocodile tears and feeling your heart melting with compassion for those through whose line you reincarnated, and before your ego swells with pride for having come through such an illustrious family, think of the part you must have played in its saga.

It is necessary to find forgiveness and feel compassion for ourselves and the many ordeals each one of us has to work their way through on their way to becoming the one we are today. To provide humankind with a well balanced educational program, it is for wise higher purposes that all human souls occasionally require lifetimes on the Earth plane when wretchedly difficult and traumatic situations have to be coped with. But we can trust the Universe’s wisdom and love that it will see to it that such times are balanced by successful, prosperous and happy ones.

Understanding this, each one of us, without exception, has every reason to rejoice and be thankful for all our own experiences and everybody else’s. The time has come for making our peace and praising the Highest for the gift of life, for guiding and protecting us and keeping us safe by day and by night, and the many things it is constantly providing for each one of us. There is no doubt in my mind that this will continue forever.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old September 11th, 2016, 10:30

You Are Born Into Flesh

The following items are the essences of several White Eagle teachings. From ‘The Lightbringer’: ‘You are born into flesh, but in truth you are a spirit and soul who is spending time in earthly life so that your spirit may quicken and grow and once again become conscious of its Divine inheritance. You are by no means limited by your present existence, although to this day millions of people still believe that when their physical body dies, their whole being dies and that’s the end of them. What a surprise they will have when they see their physical body lying inert and dead, and they are still consciously living, in spite of the fact that they have no power to get the earthly body they left behind moving again. This is how your spirit and soul are set free and return into the world of spirit, your true home which is part of the Earth plane.

From ‘Memories of Reincarnation – White Eagle’s Work in the Present Day’: ‘Love is the Universal law of life and God’s will is that you learn how to love wisely, all people and everything else that shares your life with you. This you do by constantly sending out goodwill and light to all. We, your guides in the world of spirit, are working, for a long time unknown to you, on human minds and hearts. The years have been speeding by and we are glad to tell you that humankind has passed the darkest stages of its evolutionary journey.

‘Ever more of you are presently awakening to the inner light of the Christ that is waiting to teach each one of you how to become a perfected son/daughter of God and the human race. As you overcome the desires and passions of your lower animal self, you make room for the living God within you, the Christ Spirit, to manifest in you and your life. The growth of this part of you is our Divine heritage and constant progress in spiritual evolution is your destiny. What you begin today you will continue tomorrow. And in the world of spirit or light you will still be working to guide, inspire and bless humankind, in the same way as many of you are doing, now.’

‘The mystery and the miracle of life is continually making itself known and manifests itself through all your experiences. But those of death reveal themselves when you re-enter into world of spirit and with it regain the conscious awareness that life is eternal. As the spirit and soul withdraw from earthly life they escape into the freedom of their true home, where they are free to explore other levels of existence. Why do you grieve when your loved one has entered into such a much fuller and richer life? Or are you weeping because you are feeling lonely? There is no need for shedding tears over souls who have gone onward to a greater happiness than the Earth plane can offer.’

From ‘Illumination’ first published 1937: ‘Death is a mystery only because you do not understand. As a child is received into earthly life with love and rejoicing, can you imagine with how much more joy returned souls are welcomed to the spirit world? Could you but understand, you would rejoice with them and pray: ‘God, I thank You that my loved one has entered into the fuller and richer life of the spirit.’

‘Would you chain your loved ones down, keep them in some dark cell of age and pain, just because you love them so dearly? Would that be the voice of love? Rather than doing that a truly loving heart cries: ‘Beloved, I raise myself with you into the light. Enter and be joyful there, for in due course I shall be joining you.’

From the Lodge Calendar February 2008: ‘Words can be cheap and may fall as dead ash in the end. Yet, if you base your life on God-action in thought, word and deed, you are acting as a conscious being in the vast world of light where the only genuine and lasting happiness and perfection can be found. Therefore, walk the narrow path of doing what your inner guidance tells you is right. Never forget that you are not walking alone and that your Guardian Angel is helping you in all your endeavours. Whenever you are ready to know more about yourself, God and the world you are living in, it will show you the way.’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old September 15th, 2016, 07:43

There Is No Death

The following is the essence of two different teachings of the White Eagle group of spirit guides. The first one is an extract from a talk at a Remembrance Service that appeared in ‘The Way of the Sun’: ‘There is no death. Of what are you afraid? You may look upon an empty shell or a chrysalis and say: ‘This is death!’ We say: ‘No, this is not death. It is rebirth and a renewal of life, which always continues. It always has been and forever will continue to do so.’ We, who have passed the great initiation called death before you, can come to you because of the love you are giving us is creating a bridge.

‘God, the Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life, has so created you and your bodies – the physical and the higher ones – in a way that in due course gives you the power to communicate with those you love in our world, the world of spirit and light, your true home. Each one of you possesses the material to construct their own bridge between your physical world and the dimensions of the higher ethers. We have crossed the bridge that connects our two worlds before you and are now trying to teach you how to join us in full consciousness.

‘Together with us, your spirit companions, each one of you can be a builder of bridges between you and the higher dimensions of life whilst still taking part in it on the earthly plane. The wherewithal for these constructions you all carry within and that’s the love in your hearts. Those who have accomplished the task of building this bridge can see for themselves that the Angels and Masters of the Christ Circle are with you to inspire and assist you with anything you may have to encounter in your present existence. This, however, does not mean that anyone can shift their responsibilities onto them. It’s up to you to conduct your lives in keeping with the Divine laws of the Universe.

‘Some people seem to think they can sit back and let God and the Angels do this work for them, but that is not the case. Each one of you is on the Earth to learn about God’s true nature and their own, and to find out how the Divine manifests itself in earthly life, once its spark within awakes from its slumber. Only through your own daily experiences can you learn to express it by acting and reacting with great care and love, kindness and thoughtfulness. Lip service is never good enough when it comes to concerns of the spirit.’

The second teaching is from a White Eagle Message from the Star Link 7.12.2013: ‘Love is the law of life and the greatest force in the whole of Creation. In love and on the inner level of life there is no separation, all is one. Your loved ones are not dead. Your love for each other has created a bond between you that nothing and no-one will ever be able to destroy. They have not gone from you and contact with them is always possible for you in your thoughts and meditations.

‘You are on the Earth plane to rediscover the awareness that life is eternal and ever renewing itself. God, the Great Father/Mother of all life, is love and loves each one of you totally and unconditionally. And when you become aware that there really is a great plan in which everything has its place and unfolds in its allocated time, and that you will always be safe wherever you may be, you can do nothing but love your Creator with your whole being. Every human spirit and soul is part of God and immortal, and in God’s consciousness there is no such thing as death. Because your loved ones are alive in that love, where your spirit self dwells, they are always with you and will never leave you.’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files