The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Grief recovery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 17th, 2008, 03:42

Post Mom's Death is always on my mind

My mom is always on my mind. She's the first thought I awake with and the last thought I go to sleep with. There are times during the day that I think about her and time keeps passing on. I wonder if it will ever lesson? The missing her physical prescence: Her laughter and querky ways. Her voice and her smile. Will I ever be ok again? I can't imagine grieving like this year after year. I wonder when it gets better or if it does? She's embedded in my mind.

Last edited by Rachele : April 17th, 2008 at 03:46.
Old April 17th, 2008, 13:21

My Dad is always on my mind too.Yesterday made exactly 2 months since he passed and it is a little easier than it was a month ago.I'm sure you will eventually be ok,it will just take time.I don't think we'll ever "get over it" but i do think that with time it will get easier and hurt less....((((hugs))))
Old April 17th, 2008, 14:57

I don't think you ever get over losing your parents or someone close. I don't want to get over it actually. But I do want to lead a normal life if I can.

I liken the loss of my Dad a year and half ago as to a wound in my soul. You know like when you've been cut really, really bad on your flesh. At first it is the shock and denial like "No!" and then you see the wound and the blood and soon the pain sets in. The wound needs stitching so you see a doctor and that hurts even worse. Then the pain and swelling and constant aching sets in. You can't move without it reminding you with every movement. That could be where you are at in your life's loss. Just before the wound begins to heal--it is soooo painful. But it does heal. And wounds do need time to heal and repair. Life will never be the same ---but wounds do heal. I am not saying things will get easier--but things will heal and be different. There will be good days yet to come---but they may be down the road a piece. First you have to heal the wounds before you can run and play again. ONly when you do heal---the pain will not be so sharp or so fresh--it will be healed but there will always be some scarring.
Old April 19th, 2008, 20:14

Thanks, Bonkers. That's a good analagy that the wound hurts most before it heals and moving around reminds us that it's there. It's painful to be at this stage of grief, as you well know. I hope for healing and peace. I know I'm not living life as I once knew it to be. Little things don't seem to matter anymore in the grand scheme of things we call life. I think I always knew that and lived life as a caring, giving and loving individual. The only thing was I did not realize how it could all end just like that. So often we say, oh I call so and so later or I do something I always wanted to another time, or there's always tomorrow. Well you know what; life is happening today, not tomorrow. That scares me because as much as I want to live for today, my heart and mind are not with my body on this. Maybe, I'm being a little hard on myself but just don't want to take life for granted like I see so many people do by their words and actions.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 13:20

I'm so sorry. It took me a long time to get over the loss. A friend told me about TheCelestialMailroom where I can email my parents. It's really helps me to feel connected and get things off my mind