The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Religion and spirituality
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 25th, 2012, 05:33

Default Everything Happens For A Reason

The Guest House
Human beings are like guest houses
With daily new arrivals.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
Some momentary awareness sometimes
Comes as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if a crowd of sorrows arrives,
Who violently sweep your house
Empty of its furniture.
Still, treat each guest honourably.

They may be clearing you out for some new delight.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
Meet them at the door laughing and invite them in.
Be grateful for whoever comes,
Because each has been sent as a teacher from beyond.

Rumi

Everything Happens For A Reason

‘Be patient towards all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, similar to locked rooms and books that have been written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would at present be unable to live them. The main point is to live everything. Live your questions, too. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live into the answer on some distant day.’ Rainer Maria Rilke

From Words & Prayers of Hope & Encouragement’

With love and light,
Aquarius

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/
Old May 1st, 2012, 06:03

Default Bridges

Bridges
Do not cross any bridges until they come to view.
Do not waste time wondering what you’re going to do
Should you meet disaster or adversity.
It may never happen, it may never be!

Anticipating future trouble is more than foolish.
Wait until you are up against some of it
And then trust your Highest Self to intervene.
Hope that something unexpected and unforeseen
May be round the corner that comes to your help
And changes everything.

Situations alter, so why waste time worrying?
Instead, in your mind build bridges of faith and trust
That God and the Angels through your inner guidance
Can and will take you successfully through anything.

Patience Strong
Edited by Aquarius

From Words & Prayers of Hope & Encouragement’

With love and light,
Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old January 11th, 2015, 07:15

The brightest future will always be based not on a forgotten, but a forgiven and healed past. We cannot successfully move on in life until we have let go of our past mistakes, failures and heartaches. Recognise and accept each one of them as an essential part of the lessons you have come to take part in during your present lifetime, and give thanks for them. You will then find that there is no longer anything to forgive, yourself or anyone else.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : March 17th, 2015 at 11:08.
Old March 17th, 2015, 11:13

• Sometimes it is necessary to meet the wrong people before we can encounter the right ones, so that when this finally happens, we know how to appreciate them as the precious gift from the Universe, which in truth they are.

• When one door of happiness closes, another one is ready to open. If we look too long at the one that has closed, we are in danger of being unable to see the one that is waiting to open for us.

• Life teaches us in its own sweet way. That’s why we usually do not know how to appreciate what we have, until we have lost it. Part of the same lesson is that frequently we don’t know what we have been missing until something new arrives.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old February 7th, 2017, 09:59

Life Is A Gift And A Blessing

All life is a precious gift and a blessing from the highest levels of life to ours. Every one of us has something special to contribute and in the fullness of time is destined to evolve into a blessing for our whole world. Knowing that God is as much in you and me as in everybody else, live your life joyfully and scatter blessings wherever you go. As children of the Highest Star and the brightest light, the Sun beyond the Sun, every blessing brings a ray of light to those who are blessed. Here is some expert advice how to go about it:

Blessing is to acknowledge the unlimited good and abundance which is embedded in the very texture of the Universe and waiting to be called upon and tapped into by each and every one of us. Therefore, upon waking up every morning, bless the new day ahead and know that already it is filled with the unseen good your blessings are going to bring forth for those you bless.

On passing people in the street, on the bus, in places of work and play, bless them. The peace of your blessing will accompany them on their way and the aura of its gentle shine will light their path.

When meeting and talking to people, bless their health, their work, their joy, all their relationships, the one with God, themselves and all others. Bless their finances, so they may become abundant. Bless them in every conceivable way, as every blessing you send out plants seeds of healing, comfort and healing which one day will grow as flowers of joy in the waste places of your own life.

As you walk, bless the city in which you live, its government and teachers, nurses and street sweepers, children and bankers, priests as well as prostitutes. The minute anyone expresses the least aggression or unkindness to you, respond with a blessing. Bless them unconditionally, sincerely and joyfully, so that your blessing acts as a shield that protects them against committing misdeeds out of ignorance of their true nature. At the same time it deflects the arrows anyone may aim at you.

Blessing means to wish unconditionally and totally unrestricted good for others. The desire to do this rises to the surface of your consciousness from the deepest innermost wellspring of your being. It reveals to those in charge of you on the higher and highest levels of life that you revere and kneel before our Creator’s gifts. Pray that those who receive your blessings will be made whole and therefore holy. Blessing invokes the special attention of the Divine to bring health and wellbeing to the people you are sending it to. We ourselves cannot provide any of these things, but merely act as channels through which life’s abundance flows.

To bless all without any discrimination is the ultimate form of giving and the best thing is that those you bless will never know who sent them the sudden rays of Sun that burst through the clouds surrounding them. Although you are unlikely to ever actually see the light each blessing brings into another’s life, you can rely on it that it will be there.

When something goes completely wrong in your day, an unexpected event knocks you down and your plans to pieces, bless the situation because life is teaching you a lesson, and the very event you believe to be unwanted, in truth you yourself called forth, so that you should learn a certain lesson against you would otherwise balk. Bless everything that comes your way, because everything that happens is always a blessing – only sometimes it comes in disguise. You can be sure that the Angels are always there to pick you up and get you going again, if you but trust.

Blessing is an acknowledgement of the omnipresent, universal beauty of the things that to this day are hidden from earthly eyes. It activates the law of attraction which, even from the furthest reaches of the Universe can bring into your life exactly what you need in any given moment to experience and enjoy.

Passing a prison, mentally bless its inmates. Bless their true nature of innocence, goodness, gentleness and kindness, the pure essence of their being and send them unconditional forgiveness. Also bless their small earthly self who is as yet unaware of the higher aspects of its own nature. Bear in mind that everyone at some time or another is a prisoner of their self-image, that in the courtyard of a jail people who are free and unshackled on their inner level, and that citizens of countries where freedom reigns can be prisoners if their hearts and thoughts are filled with too many earthly desires and fear.

Passing a hospital, bless the wholeness of all its patients, as during the time of their suffering their wholeness is waiting to be re-discovered and return to them. When you see someone in tears and/or seemingly broken by life, bless their vitality and joy and with this help it to return to them. Remind yourself frequently that our material senses frequently present an inverted image of the ultimate splendour and perfection which can be perceived when our inner vision develops.

As it is impossible to bless someone and judge them at the same time, hold constantly on to your deep and hallowed desire to bless and heal all you meet. This helps you to evolve into a true healer, maker of peace and bringer of light, who one day will be able to recognise the presence of God in everything.

Bless Mother Earth and all her kingdoms, human and animal, vegetable and mineral, for each one of them is giving us of their abundance. Bless the powerful spiritual force that is constantly at work behind the scenes of our earthly existence. Angels and Masters, spirit guides and helpers are doing their best to bring God’s great evolutionary plan into manifestation here, ensuring that we and our world are moving ever forwards on the upwards winding spiral of life. This great force of light from the highest levels of life is the most essential part of everything on our planet. It brings us into this life, sustains us while we are here and takes us out of it again, when the time for doing so has come. Without this force there would be no life on the Earth. Guiding and protecting all of it, as well as that which exists anywhere else in the whole of Creation, this force assists us and Mother Earth with our personal and collective evolution.

It is the power behind the throne of God and all physical manifestation, from its lowest to its highest point, connecting every part of life anywhere upwards through the spheres with the most elevated levels. This force, invisible to earthly eyes, works through each physical aspect of Mother Earth as well as with all other planets in existence anywhere in the whole of Creation. Spiritually, there is no separation between any form of life, on all its levels and therefore no such thing as splendid isolation. All is of one construction and together forms one harmonious whole.

What to this day appears to be erroneous, evil and destructive in our world, has behind it the power, wisdom and love of the Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life, who designs and with the help of the forces of light carries out its evolutionary plan to perfection. This is the power that guides and links all lifeforms with each other and in the end brings good out of apparent evil.

Our world would not be complete without you and me, and everybody else. So now go ahead and bless with all your heart and soul. Every one of us is a ray of light and each blessing we send out brings light to those who are blessed. And when it returns – as it inevitably will – it increases the vibration of our own body of light, that of Mother Earth and all humankind.

Bless all who are sharing your lifepath with you and bless those who are ceaselessly toiling in the background of life, unseen to earthly eyes, behind the realities of Earth life. Bless your family and friends, but why stop there? Bless every one of your siblings in the great family of humankind.

Recommended Viewing:
From ‘The Gentle Art Of Blessing’
By Pierre Pradervand
Edited by Aquarius

Recommended Reading:

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old February 21st, 2017, 06:59

Of False Prophets And Messiahs

For everyone on the spiritual pathway a word of warning may not come amiss and that is: ‘Whatever you do, beware of false prophets and messiahs!’ To this day, they are sure to be encountered by all of us in the form of people who are trying to take us in. The only one hundred percent reliable teacher in the whole wide world dwells inside everybody’s innermost heart and is waiting to be called upon and spring into action. Yet, even in these communications with our inner Master, the living God within, it is essential that we use our discriminatory faculties, so they can be developed to their highest potential.

Sorting the wheat from the chaff is now more important than it ever was before. Do not believe anything or anyone, including me and my writings – not that I would call myself a prophet or messiah, but I am sure you know what I mean – without verifying the information before you with your inner guidance first. In order to do this, whatever you hear or read anywhere, let it flow through the filter of the world of your feelings, especially your heart, as that is the only place in the world where truth dwells. Listen carefully to what it tells you.

Our inner guru, also known as the living God within, has full access to every bit of wisdom and knowledge that has ever been gathered anywhere in the whole of Creation. S/He is the final authority on recognising and telling us the difference between right and wrong, truths and lies. Learn to listen to this teacher carefully, with love and respect. Test and try it, time and again, and it will amaze you how much it can and will tell and help you, even down to tackling your most mundane tasks. This authority in everybody is waiting to help us understand what is happening in our world, within and without, with ever increasing speed. It is waiting to be called upon to show us how to overcome all our fears and how to transmute our negative thoughts and feelings into positive and constructive ones.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old February 27th, 2017, 08:50

From White Eagle’s Little Book Of Healing Comfort

Part A

Your Destiny Is Glorious

There now follows a collection of intuitively updated and enlarged essences of various teachings from the White Eagle group of spirit guides that appeared in ‘White Eagle’s Little Book Of Healing Comfort’. Here is the first one:

‘God is the Divine Trinity of the Great Father/Mother of all life and their only born Son/Daughter, the Christ spirit. This is the Universal power and light, wisdom and love through which all things on every level of life come into being. God is in everything and everything is in God. S/He is therefore present in anything that manifests itself on every level of your planet. On the inner plane life has always remained one vast living and breathing organism.

‘Because you are part of God and God is part of you, you too are in everything, even though during the early part of its existence in physicality your earthly self was unaware of this. Without you consciously knowing about it, you have always been in search of experiences that will help you grow in wisdom and understanding and lead to an expansion of your consciousness. For all human beings this continues until the outer as well as the inner parts of their nature have become consciously aware of the presence of God in every aspect of their own being, as well as every other lifeform in your world and all others.

‘Every particle of you on the physical, mental, spiritual and astral planes is part of God and its essence is infinite and eternal. You are related to God not merely because your spirit is a spark of the Divine, but because every cell and atom of your physical body contains it. God cannot be separated from anything that exists anywhere on Earth or in the Heavens, i.e. the higher and highest levels of life. And nothing anywhere in the whole of Creation is beyond or out of the reach of God’s will and power.

‘Every one of God’s characteristics and powers is also in you, the highest and the best and most noble as well as the worst and most evil. Yet, everything exists for wise reasons and a high and holy destiny ultimately awaits all God’s children of the Earth. As each one of you is spark of the Divine and a child of God, you are young Gods in the making and that’s a truly glorious pathway to walk. * Knowing this, let your inner light shine and never grow tired of being a good, wise and positive influence in your world. Pray for the gift of Divine courage and strength to help you keep on serving the good of the whole through freely and unselfishly sharing your gifts and talents that are likely to have taken many lifetimes to develop.

‘Give without hesitation and rest safely in the knowledge that when you do your best on the physical, mental and spiritual planes of life, wherever you may find yourself at any given moment, nothing but more of the same will return to you in due course. Try it out for yourself, so that life itself through your own experiences can teach you that there really is nothing to fear and everything to live, strive and look forward to.’ * Everything that is in your life is there only by the grace and the will of your true parents, the great Father/Mother of all life, so do not forget to daily express your gratitude for all their gifts, material as well as spiritual.’

* See links at the end of this chapter.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : February 28th, 2017 at 08:00.
Old March 5th, 2017, 08:39

The Road Less Travelled

Two roads diverged in a wood.
Alas, I could not travel both.
Long I stood, looking down,
As far as I could,
To where they disappeared.

I chose the road less travelled,
Which seemed as fair,
But looked as if it could do with more wear.
Although those travelling it
Had worn it away about the same,
My inner guidance said for me it had more of a claim.

That morning, both equally lay
Covered with leaves
That human feet had trodden black.
Knowing that one way of necessity leads to another,
I promised myself I’d never come back
And for my life chose the road less travelled,
But not just for a day.

Now I am glad to tell you,
Though not without a sigh,
How ages gone by,
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I was the weary wanderer
Who picked the one less travelled by.
It turned out to be a long and hard road,
But I’m glad I took this one.
I grew in wisdom and understanding
And that will forever make a big difference
To my life and me.

Robert Frost
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Prayers & Words Of Wisdom From Around Our World’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old March 18th, 2017, 08:00

Each Day Is A Precious Gift

God is in everything and everything is God,
And before the Great Father/Mother
We are all equally loved, appreciated and valuable.
The law of life is evolution and our earthly existence is a school
And every human being has to start its learning
At the very base of the evolutionary spiral.
In the course of many lifetimes,
Hand in hand with God and the Angels
Each one of us slowly works their way
Forwards and upwards this spiral
Onto ever higher levels of life.

To enable us to do this,
It is necessary to focus only on that which
Is good, right and beautiful in all situations,
People, animals and things alike.
This is the part of the Divine
All of us gradually have to bring forth,
Each from within the very core of their own being.
In this process we become ever more God-like ourselves
And our connection with God and the Angels
Grows increasingly powerful.

For a long time they have been waiting
That we should begin to consciously work
Hand in hand with them,
So they can show us how, with each new day,
We can do our share of restoring a bit more of
The inner and outer balance of our world,
So that peace may come to us and it at last.

Wise ones, who are aware of these things,
Know that each new day is a precious gift
From God and the Angels.
They make the most of every one
By looking forward to everything it is going to bring.
Resting safely in the knowledge that every bit of it
Is in truth a present from the Highest,
They welcome, greet and bless
Whatever comes their way.

No matter what may befall wise ones,
They remain hopeful and
And hold steadfast onto their dreams.
They willingly follow their inner guidance
And give of their best at all times,
Trusting that the Universal laws
Will see to it that in due course
More of the same will return to them.

From ‘Words Of Hope & Encouragement’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old May 28th, 2017, 14:55

Reflections On Hope

The Aquarian Age is presenting us
With the gift of a new kind of hope, faith and trust,
As they have never been known in earthly life before.
They are realistic and justified because they are built on
A solid foundation of understanding and the knowledge
That there really is a great evolutionary plan of life,
Which has always been unfolding as it should,
Showing clearly that everything has always been well
With us and our world, in spite of the fact that
To this day it frequently doesn’t look that way.

The plan’s unfolding of past ages
Is the evidence we need to show us
That the reins of our world have always been
Resting securely in God’s loving hands,
And that our race has always been steered safely
Through Earth life’s many diverse lessons.
Supervised and protected by the Highest Forces
We have constantly moved forwards and upwards
On the evolutionary spiral of life.
That leaves no shadow of a doubt
In my mind that this will forever continue.

The renewal of hope in our world
Is the most important aspect of the Aquarian gifts.
But what is hope?
It’s an inner knowingness that regardless
Of the things that are still happening in our world
The life we have been given has always,
Individually and collectively,
Been part of the Great Architect’s evolutionary plan.

Hope grows from trusting that the wisdom and love
Of the Great Father/Mother of all life
Has been guiding and protecting each one of us
In the course of many lifetimes
And that when looked at from the right perspective,
Our existence is indeed a very good one.

Hope springs eternally from
The inner guidance every human being receives.
No matter how closed off some may still be
With regard to matters of the spirit,
They still contain the Christ Spirit,
Though so far merely in seed form.
Their Highest or God Self has never left them.
It is always there to protect and guide each soul
Through all experiences of its earthly life.

Coaxed onwards and upwards
On the evolutionary spiral of life by
The living God within who encourages us
To try, try again – many times against all the odds,
The small earthly self in the end succeeds
To overcome its self-imposed limitations.
In spite of itself it has grown in
Understanding and wisdom, which can
And indeed are meant to be found in even
The most traumatic and harrowing experiences.

There is a higher aspect to everyone’s nature.
Independent of how low and depraved
The earthly self has become,
Known as the living God within.
It endows us with the hope and strength,
Courage and determination we need to endure
What cannot be changed and start again,
If need be many times over.

This is especially true after total
Personal and collective breakdowns.
It’s hope that helps us to reconstruct
Our whole being and the world around us.
Hope makes us go in search of healing
Whenever we are hurt and wounded.
With hope we know intuitively
That better things will come our way,
If we but persevere.

Hope is the Great Spirit’s eternal gift to humankind.
It’s the driving force of the power of love
That through famines and wars,
Disasters and all other types of destruction
Has always moved humankind and its world
Inexorably onwards and upwards
To evolve into ever more beautiful
Manifestations of the Divine,
Who will eventually be capable of
Exploring life on ever higher levels.

Hope enables us earthlings to trust that, in truth,
The moment of physical death is not an ending,
Merely a transformation into a different lifestate,