The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Dealing with death > Death after a long illness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 14th, 2012, 05:49

Default Channel 4 documentary series

Channel 4 documentary series about the journey to death as a consequence of life limiting illness

Love Productions is making a primetime Channel 4 series about people who are on a journey to death as a consequence of life limiting illnesses. The aim of this series is to present the subject of death to a mainstream audience in an open and honest way; thereby adding to the wider debate about how we approach death culturally, practically, and spiritually.

We are looking for people to take part in the series from a range of backgrounds and life experience who have been told that they have a year or less to live.

We’re keen to hear from people who are going through this journey - what’s it really like to face death? What becomes important? What becomes insignificant? Do people treat you differently? Do people treat you differently? In what ways does life change?

If you, or someone close to you, are in this situation, we would really like to have a confidential chat with you on the phone. If you’re keen to find out more, we’d perhaps arrange to visit you to discuss the project and discover whether you would be interested in taking part. It wouldn’t commit you to anything at this stage.

If you would like to speak to one of our small and friendly team confidentially about the series further, please call us on 0207 067 2463 / 07580494479 / enquiry@loveproductions.co.uk. If you do not get through to someone, please do leave a message and one of our team will call you back as soon as possible.
Old June 14th, 2012, 06:49

i do wonder what could be gained from a programme like this as in my experience there are a lot of people in this dreadful situation that come to terms with their illness in a practical and a spiritual way but the whole journey can never be revealed as most go in on themselves can't and wouldn't talk about their feelings even seeing a programme like this will not change the way they are in opening up
you will see the stronger talking i say stronger but it also takes a lot of strength and courage even for the people who cannot talk
those who can talk are more resigned to their situation we can listen but never really know but the others what is going on for them we can never find out and i don't think i would want to as i know it's hell
therefore only half the consiquences of terminal illness will be debated