The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Relax, chat and inspire > Chat room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 26th, 2008, 14:28

It appears it does work !!!

Here is a picture of my first dog Sasha who was killed when she just 15 months, these are pictures from when she was about 2 - 3 months and hadn't quite grown her german shepherd ears properly yet.

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.js...oId=5512247820

And here is one with her and my husband, she adored her dad so very much !

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.js...oId=5512247632
Old March 27th, 2008, 03:19

Beautiful dog!

I have two dogs and a cat. I have a ten pound toy poodle named Lucy. And I have a Australian Shepherd named Queenie. Lucy is five and Queenie is three.

Perhaps I'll post pictures later.

My cat is named Sasha. I've had her for eleven years. I don't know how old she is because I got her from a shelter. Her owner had passed away and no one wanted her. She is my first cat and I couldn't have asked for a better one.

I love my animals. Wouldn't know what to do without them in my life.
Old March 27th, 2008, 05:49

I dont know what i would do without my animals either, if you are in a sort of depressed mood, they know and will instantly try and make you feel better x
Old March 28th, 2008, 16:32

I adore animals!!!! I grew up on a family farm! I love horses, dogs, cats ---you name it---I have probably had it! Except for snakes and stuff--that's a big no for me!

Right now I have 2 mares, 9 dogs ( I foster abused Min Pins), 3 birds (canaries), and a small herd of Belted Galloway cows. I can't eat them---I know them!!!! So my cows are just cows for now!!!! I even baby them and give them treats!

I so love animals--I have always gotten along with animals much better than I do with people. I feel strong connection between heart and soul when it comes to animals. Animals never lie---and people do--you can't trust people---they can lie with a straight face. Animals are honest. I could live on the side of a mountain with my pets and never ever see another human and I would be just fine.

I am sooooo glad I found this forum!!!
Old March 29th, 2008, 06:03

Yep, you're like me with animals. Your animals will be there for you no matter what and they will never wrong you, ever.

I would love to have a house with land to have some "proper" animals like some cows, pigs and i would love a goat.

I'm like you, i could never eat them, they would be my babies x
Old March 29th, 2008, 11:02

Very nice pictures Nicola, and I'm sorry to hear about the tragedy.

We now have two cats living with us. One stayed with us when a border moved out, and the other took a roundabout route to move in with us from across the hall when her owner and one of our best friends passed away.

This cat found a new home, but just withdrew in duct work and behind furniture till I went and brought her to our place. It took months for her to join everybody else as part of the family, but she's fine now.
Old March 29th, 2008, 16:16

Ricardo--that is awesome! She must feel very comfortable with you if she is coming around and joining the family.

I truly believe that when a human and an animal bond--they trade tiny little pieces of their heart or soul. And when one passes---they take that tiny little piece with them--a part of them forever--and when a pet or an animal passes before their owner---they wait at the "Rainbow Bridge" and cross over when their owner comes to them.

There is just something about animals that makes me feel a strong "pull" within my soul. And I sooooo distrust humans---I know we are supposed to be the intelligent race of the earth BUT humans can sooooooo mess things up. Animals become a part of you and you them! AND sometimes humans can do that too---I believe in soulmates but never found mine. Maybe because of my leeriness of trusting humans---I dunno.

I have a tiny little Minature Pinscher right now whose name is Tigger. He had a broken front leg and the vet pinned it wrong---so the owner gave him up because they didn't want him anymore---so I fostered him and fell in love and adopted him. He is my tiny little "Bud" now! My best buddy!!!! They said he would never walk again on that leg----but you know---I loved him and cared for him and rubbed his leg and believed in him and said tons of prayers for him and NOW he runs most of the time using his boogered front leg and only carries it briefly. It sits on his frame a little crooked and turned to the outside but he plays and chases the other dogs like a puppy!!!! I adore him. Especially when he snuggles under a quilt I am working on and makes these tiny little "ahhhh" sounds as he sleeps.
Old March 29th, 2008, 23:12

I love, love, love pets! I wish I could have more than the two dogs and cat that I have. I would love to have a job revolving around animals. They are such a confort and joy. They really do keep me from being lonely.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 01:54

Bonkers your dog sounds adorable x
Old April 2nd, 2008, 10:18

Animals have beautiful souls---they may not be like ours--but I truly believe they have one of some kind.

Some people say they do not--but if you read in the Bible--when Christ is to come back there will horses being ridden. And there are places where angels are riding dark horses in the end times. So I truly believe animals are amongst the heavens.

I connect with animals so much more than people. I always took strays in and found homes for them. When I was a small child growing up---my parents helped us to be that way--always allowing us to clean up the animals and straighten out the matted hair and then Mom would take us to town to put an ad in the paper to find them a home.

My parents were good parents and although they had faults like everyone else--the goodness overcame. OUr pets were family members not just pets. I remember the dog we had growing up, Sandy, would ride the bulldozer with my Dad. I will always remember Sandy sitting next to Dad on the dozer seat and Dad scooting over to give her a bit more room..... and then Sandy would look up at Dad and way her tail. Both Dad and Sandy being very happy to be with each other! It was always awesome when you saw animals interacting with people!!!!

I foster Minature Pinschers that have been abused or abandoned. Some have won my heart and I have adopted them. I suffer from migraines that put me to bed sometimes---and when I do--I had a little dog that used to curl up and sleep on top of my head on the pillow like she knew where it hurt. Very comforting to know that she was there. The dogs I have now--will all curl up next to me under the covers and will be very, very quiet. Like they are trying to help me feel better. Animals just know and understand the senses and vibes that are given off.

Last edited by Bonkers : April 2nd, 2008 at 10:20.