The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Relax, chat and inspire > Chat room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 29th, 2008, 07:33

Default Do you have any hobbies ?

When my dad was diagnosed about 3.5 years ago as having cancer, i was at a loss and decided to go down the denial route and just pretend it wasn't happening.

I was really bored one night and i was looking through the presents i had got my youngest sister for her birthday, she was always quite arty ( she's at art school now ) so i bought her a jewellery making kit.

I don't know why but i decided to try and make something, now i have no artistic talent at all, i can't draw or paint, i am awful !!! But i made a few things and looking back, they were ugly But i enjoyed making them so i kept making little pieces and eventually got quite good at it.

I made so much stuff that i ended up selling it on Ebay and made myself a little extra cash.

So i guess that one good thing to come out of my dad's illness is that i have a great hobby making and selling jewellery.

Do you guys have any hobbies ? x
Old March 29th, 2008, 23:35

I don't do many hobbies anymore. I use to sew alittle, macrame, and stuff like that. But now I spend most of my time either online, at work or with my pets.

I love eBay. I use to sell and buy on there a lot. But, I'm trying to watch my budget now so I'm not buying. I've been lazy lately and haven't listed anything lately either. But I will end up doing it this summer. I have a lot of things from my mother's estate to post on there.
Old April 1st, 2008, 09:30

I like to read and watch movies on DVD. I also used to be a full-time musician and I like to produce some production music on my computer, which I market online.

Congratulations on the creative activities Nicola and piasabird.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 01:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by piasabird View Post
I don't do many hobbies anymore. I use to sew alittle, macrame, and stuff like that. But now I spend most of my time either online, at work or with my pets.

I love eBay. I use to sell and buy on there a lot. But, I'm trying to watch my budget now so I'm not buying. I've been lazy lately and haven't listed anything lately either. But I will end up doing it this summer. I have a lot of things from my mother's estate to post on there.

Ebay is brilliant isn't it ? I love it even although you can get carried away with it x
Old November 4th, 2008, 10:10

Ebay is great, I've spent many an hour and many a pound on that site! As you mentioned though, it's very easy to get carried away!
Old November 25th, 2008, 08:02

I collect thimbles and teddy bears, and I knit and crochet. But I do spend a lot of time on the computer now so I guess thatís one of my hobbies too.
Old December 8th, 2011, 05:13

I think every person have any one hobby, Like me.and like everyone.
My hobby is play games and read books, Music also. You know music is the food of soul......
Old March 25th, 2013, 02:08

I'm presently participating in a purely come dancing fundraising event to help increase income for the local irish language school I work it, we practice 2 hours every Sunday. We do salsa dancing and I truly enjoy it. On a monday night and a friday morning I attend sewing classes. I also love cooking and sometimes draw.
Old February 10th, 2014, 00:29

Whatever my hobbies are, I don't think they are of any use to others. They are just for myself. I like to play, chat with people, and other stuffs. I don't know how to make my hobby work for others.

Last edited by Robert Green : February 10th, 2014 at 00:34.
Old February 10th, 2014, 01:42

I don't think a hobby is necessarily to help others as much as it is to help yourself. It is mostly to keep your mind occupied but if you see a way to help others than why not? If you like knitting blankets then why not put them to good use and donate what you make to the homeless or people displaced by a fire? I also think that if you can make a profit from what you're doing then why not it. It could be the start of a new business. I'm sure quite a few businesses were started this way.