The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a friend
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 25th, 2008, 08:03

I was ten years old when I lost a close friend. She went into hospital, not sure to this day what was wrong with her. When I began to miss her I asked my mother when Audrey would be getting home from the hospital and she got upset. No one would tell me anything. It was my grandmother who came out and told me she was dead. My mum was mad at her for doing that, she thought I was too young to be told. But all I can really remember was the fear of not knowing what was going on. Itís better to know these things. Around the same time my dadís mum and dad died within three months of each other. I loved my gran and granddad. When my sister and I were very young we used to stay with them on the weekend.
Old June 4th, 2009, 03:42

I have lost my best friend in age of 16. He died in car accident. It is such a terrible tragedy for me. I have nothing in this life without him. My life was still stop without him. I was share my all secrets with him. I never find a friend like him in future.
Old March 31st, 2011, 20:39

Unhappy

I just lost, on March 19th, one of my close teammates at Mendon. She had some kind of brain swelling, and although the doctors tried to save her, she died. I'm back at practice every day now, and she and I were distance runners together for almost four seasons, and there's a gaping hole at every practice. I have to say, I haven't been able to stop crying, since I have this gnawing pain in my heart. She, Molly, was the kind of girl that brightened up my entire cross country girls' and boys' teams days, even when we felt like things weren't going well. It's so strange that she's gone, and slipped away from us so fast. I am 18 years old, and to be honest, this loss is worse than losing my Aunt Nancy when I was 13 years old. I saw Molly pretty much every day at practice, so this is a real shock to the system.
Old June 13th, 2011, 20:29

I was twenty years old when I lost a close friend.
Old July 24th, 2011, 01:20

I was 15....only a year ago...my best friend for my whole life died by a drowning caused by drug use.....no one knows if she knowingly took the drug or it was slipped to her.....she was involved in drugs before but got clean and then this happened. she was 18