The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Religion and spirituality
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 28th, 2017, 09:12

The Sailing Ship – An Allegory

Imagine in your mind’s eye, if you will, a sailing ship. After a long break on dry land it is getting ready to once again enter into the freedom of the high seas. The ship shows great beauty and strength, as it joyfully opens its snowy white sails and offers them to the morning breeze. You are one of those left behind at the shore. Sadly, you watch the ship’s departure until you can see no more of it than a speck of white cloud on the horizon where the ocean meets the sky. A mournful voice close by says: ‘Ah, it’s gone!’

During the coming days, you keep wondering to yourself: ‘Where did the ship go?’ Finally, you come to the conclusion that this does not really matter because you know that wherever it may be now, it will be still as beautiful as it ever was, and that its mast and hull will be just as strong as when it left your shore. At that moment, as if in a dream, you sense a voice calling to you from some distant shore: ‘It’s arrived safely. It’s here!’

The death of the physical body is similar. Nothing changes, we remain the same one we always were. Our feelings and desires remain unchanged. All we have done is shedding our outer shell like a worn out overcoat. Eternity is here and now and everywhere. Each moment we spend on the Earth plane and all other worlds is an integral part of Eternity. Any loss on our present level of life is the spirit world’s gain. On the other side of the veil of consciousness each death in our world is always a happy event, because one of us is reborn into the full awareness of their true reality and is therefore coming home. We are eternal beings of light. There is no death and we cannot die. It’s just that from time to time we have to gather our experiences, so that we may learn from them and grow, on different levels of life – that’s all.

Roger Carswell
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Comfort for the Bereaved’

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/
Old October 17th, 2017, 09:09

Do Not Fear The Unknown

The essence of a teaching from the White Eagle group of spirit guides from ‘A Time to Remember’ in Stella Polaris Oct/Nov 2008: ‘Do not be afraid of the future and the unknown. You do not need to fear the moment of your physical body’s death, because it is nothing but a step forward that returns you into our world, your true home, and enters you into its greater freedom and a fuller existence. Your physical body has been your vehicle for one lifetime. Each time you leave it behind you move from life in physicality into our world of light.

‘Without consciously being aware of it in your present existence, this is a road you have travelled many times before. And on every occasion the only thing you were allowed to take with you was whatever light, in the form of wisdom and understanding, you have gained up to then from the experiences of every one of your lifetimes. Every bit of it is stored in the memories of your soul. From there it emanates constantly, helping or hindering your present pathway. Each time you reach the spirit world, the beauty and wonders of this realm and its life reveals itself anew.’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old November 29th, 2017, 09:07

Death Where Is Thy Sting?

Many are aware by now that we are eternal beings who cannot die and that therefore there truly is no death. Yet, to say: ‘Death is nothing!’ would belittle its significance. What is perceived by earthlings as death, when someone departs from this plane, is but a transformation and initiation into a different state of life, which every soul has to undergo at the end of each lifetime. I believe that eventually everybody will reach the level of awareness where they can accept that this is so. That’s how we shall save ourselves and our world a great deal of suffering and pain. You don’t have to take my word for it that this is true. How about trying the following for yourself?

Find a quiet space where you can be sure that no-one will disturb you for a reasonable length of time. The best and safest way of doing this is by first asking your Guardian Angel to stand by you, to guide and protect you and show you how to go about it. Then make yourself as comfortable as you can, light a candle, look into its flame, centre yourself by listening to the sound of your breathing until your whole being has become still. When you feel good and ready, imagine that your loved one is drawing close and wishes to communicate with you. Focus on your heart centre and listen to the words and feelings that may come from there.

Protected by your Guardian Angel, you rest securely in the knowledge that they will not represent messages from some ‘other world out there somewhere’ but that they really are from your own heart, where your loved now dwells. Slowly start reading from the following paragraph. Don’t think about the words or evaluate them, but focus your attention on the world of your feelings and the responses of your heart, for they are your inner guidance. This is what your loved one wishes to tell you:

‘I have not gone from you. I have merely slipped onto a different level of life. It’s very much like going into another room because all you do is withdraw from the outer plane of life and slip into its inner level, the spirit world. That’s where all human beings go when they leave their physical bodies behind. The spirit world is not a place ‘up there’ somewhere. It is an integral part of earthly life and on its innermost level dwells the Universal intelligence known as God. This is the source and wellspring of all life, from which we all once emerged and to which each one of us in the fullness of time will return. Every step on our evolutionary journey takes us closer to this goal.

‘Although I no longer dwell on the earthly plane, I am still myself and you are you. We always shall be. And because the essence of our being is eternal and immortal, it is impossible for us to die. I assure you I have not died. If anything, I am more alive now than I ever was before because I am once more fully aware of the most important part of me, my spirit and soul. You will find the same when you join me, one of these days. As far as I am concerned, whatever we have ever been to each other, that’s what we still are.

‘There is no need for our love to die because of my departure. The infinite wisdom of the Divine has provided that, on the contrary, through the experience of death human love grows stronger, deeper and purer, if the souls involved so wish. To help this along, I ask you to call me by my old familiar names. Let them be the well-known words they always were and say them without effort. Speak to me the easy way you used to do and let there be no difference in the sound of your voice. And don’t put on a forced air of solemnity or sorrow, but enjoy the jokes that made us laugh and express your amusement the way we always did together. Play with me and smile at me. Think of me and pray for me the way you always did. Never doubt for a moment that I can hear you, that I feel your love and that I shall always be with you, wherever you may have to go.

‘Life is eternal and the human spirit is immortal. Life is an absolute and unbroken continuity and in truth there is no death. On the inner level all is one and there you have always been as much part of me as I am of you. Nothing needs to change between you and me, just because I have gone through the great transformation ahead of you. Our relationship can remain the same it always was and between you and me life can continue to be everything it ever meant to us, if that’s what we both wish and I most certainly do.

‘My departure from the physical plane was no accident. It was meant to happen exactly when it did. For your sake – not mine – make an effort to accept this, the way I have done. And don’t believe anyone who tries to tell you that because I am out of your sight, I should also be out of your mind. That can only happen, if you want it to be that way. But if you still yearn for me, the way I long for you, the death of my physical body will offer many opportunities for coming closer to each other than it was ever possible before. I shall be alive in your heart, for as long as you want me to be there. That’s where you can find me and be with me, whenever you want to.

‘Thought is the most powerful force in the whole of Creation and I shall never be further away from you than a thought. This is how you can get in touch with me whenever you want. It’s as simple as that. I shall always listen when you need me and when you call me, and I will do my best to help and guide you. But in spite of all that, never forget that you and I now each have different lessons to attend to – you in the material world, and I in the world of light.

‘Therefore, let’s make sure that we give each other the necessary space and time, so that when we do meet we can come closer to each other than we ever did before for the sharing of precious moments, just like we used to do. Because all life rests safely in God’s loving hands, including yours and mine, all is well and that will not change. God and the Angels are constantly with you and me. And I forever will be I and you in all Eternity shall remain you. And I shall never forget you and stop loving you.’

The lower earthly mind is the only thing that separates us in this world from that of the spirit, our true home. But as soon as we approach it with nothing but love and gratitude in our hearts for the support our spirit helpers have always been giving us, our own clairvoyance and clairaudience begins to develop. Feeling the need to humbly stand or kneel before humankind’s spirit friends to receive the gift of the knowledge they are bringing on behalf of all humankind, signals our readiness to serve them and unselfishly act as one of their channels, so it can be brought to all who are in need of it in earthly life. It then does not take long until we realise that none of us ever stops being at one with the spirit world and all who are dwelling there now, not merely our loved ones.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old November 30th, 2017, 11:21

Nothing Ever Dies

The following is the essence of a teaching from the White Eagle group of spirit guides that appeared in the Lodge’s calendar September 2012: ‘Before any kind of new growth and building can take place anywhere, there has to be a clearing of the land. This requires ploughing the Earth and cleansing the soil. The same is true for every human being. As soon as the physical conditions surrounding them have served their predestined purpose, they are cleared away. Yet, in truth nothing ever dies, neither the spirit and soul that dwells inside every physical body nor the atoms of that body. They too merely change their form and from the dust and ashes left behind at funerals new life is created.’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old December 2nd, 2017, 15:52

The essence of a teaching from the White Eagle group of spirit guides that appeared in ‘The Way to the Age of Spirit – The Lightbringer’: ‘We are telling you that there really is no death. When you have passed what in the early stages of your earthly education appears to be a great barrier, you will be able to confirm this. At first you will probably think to yourself: ‘Am I dead? I did not feel anything and I haven’t changed one bit.’ There really is no difference because all you have done is leave your physical body behind. You took it off like a garment that has outlived its usefulness, do you are no longer interested in it. That is all physical death means because you are an eternal being of light and the way you are today you will be tomorrow. The more you consciously create yourself and build atoms of light into your whole being, the more you will be able to enjoy the fruits the Great Father/Mother has prepared for you to discover on the higher and highest levels of life.’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old December 27th, 2017, 08:55

You And Your Loved Ones At Christmas

‘When you entered earthly life you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Your turn for smiling comes when you depart from your present existence and the ones around you, who do not appreciate what is really happening to you, are crying and have to wait until their time for a better understanding of the processes of life has come. May your spiritual awareness help you to live your life to the fullest. Isn’t it sad that to this day so many think that life finishes with the death of their physical body, when in truth there is no death and life is eternal and constantly moving forwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral?

‘Your loved ones are not dead and they have not gone from you. In spirit there is no separation. Contact with your loved one is always waiting for you through the power of thought and meditation. You have to develop within yourself the consciousness of the eternity of life. Know that God is love and has nothing but love for you, so love God with the might of your whole being. In the Divine consciousness there is no death. Your loved ones are living in that love and are part of your spirit. On a higher dimension of life your loved ones are always with you.

‘During the Christmas period human hearts tend to yearn and ache even more than at other times for some kind of contact with their loved ones in the world of light. Whenever such feelings threaten to overwhelm you, take comfort from knowing that all they have done is leave the darkness of earthly life behind. They are not dead but alive and well in the world of light where death does not exist. Take advantage that during the Christmas period the power of the Christ energies are felt much more strongly on the Earth plane than at any other time. This brings your loved ones closer than usual and the Christ love enables them to bring the gift of their love to your heart.

‘And now, in your imagination picture a temple that has been constructed of the healing rays of the Universal Christ. In its centre stands a huge Christmas tree that is aglow with millions of lights. This evergreen tree is a symbol of God’s unshakeable and eternal love. You can seek the shelter of this love to meet with your loved ones and friends who have passed into the spirit world before you, not merely at Christmas but always.

‘During your prayers and meditations in the Christmas period, when you focus your thoughts and the feelings of your innermost heart upon the beauty and power of the Christ Star on the Highest levels of life, you may sense the presence of the Angels around the throne of God. Listen to their message the way the shepherds of the Jesus legend did on the hills of Bethlehem, a long time ago. Imagine you can hear the Angels singing: ‘Love is born and comes to the Earth at Christmas.’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old January 30th, 2018, 08:29

No Regrets

Even if earthly lifetimes last one hundred years,
They’re too short for spending them regretting things,
So love the people who treat you right
And leave behind the ones who don’t.
Never forget that everything in this life
Is of a temporary nature and
Never more than a passing phase.

Everything that happens is only there
For teaching us some kind of a lesson and
Whenever life offers us a second chance,
Let’s grab it with both hands and
Do our best to create something of value from it.

Nobody promised Earth life would be easy.
But when in future something changes
Our life profoundly,
Let’s go with the flow and allow things to happen,
Resting safely in the knowledge that,
As long as we grow and learn something
From every one of them,
Our earthly stay will not have been
A wasted one.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old March 15th, 2018, 08:39

Through gaining a fresh understanding and perception of the processes of life, I hope you will be able to find out for yourself that there really is nothing to be afraid of in the realm of the spirit. For a long time something like a veil, known as the veil of consciousness, has been hiding that world from us. But this is rapidly disappearing with the help of new spiritual knowledge that for quite some time has been flowing ever more freely into our world. A good example of this is a message from the White Eagle group of spirit guides that appeared in the Lodge’s Calendar November 2006. The following is its essence:

‘Only a thin veil divides you from those who have passed into our world. These people are by no means dead. They are very much alive and no different from the way they were when you knew them in earthly life. The main difference between then and now, for them, is that they no longer need a physical body for getting around and that they are much happier without it.

‘Think of your loved ones in a world where peace, love and happiness rule supreme. Without being consciously aware of it, this is the state every one of you in earthly life for a long time seeks in vain. But eventually you need to learn how to, at least occasionally in prayers, meditations and quiet reflection, detach yourself from the toil and strife of your physical existence. All of you have to learn how to find a degree of happiness and peace with your Highest or God Self. This is particularly easy whilst listening to music that soothes and calms your whole being and when with your mind’s eye you are perceiving the golden world of God.’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old April 1st, 2018, 10:59

‘Life is eternal and the human spirit is part of God and therefore immortal. In truth, there is no death because life consists of absolute and unbroken continuity. On its inner level all is one, and you are as much part of me as I am of you. Nothing needs to change between you and me, just because I have gone through the great transformation before you. If we both so wish, our relationship can remain the same it always was between you and me, and life continues to be everything it has meant to us. My departure from the physical plane was no accident; it was meant to happen exactly when it did. For your sake – not mine – make an effort to accept this, the way I have done. And don’t believe anyone who tries to tell you that because I am out of your sight, I should also be out of your mind. That can only happen, if you so wish. But if you still want me, the death of my physical body is going to present us with many opportunities for coming closer to each other than it was ever possible, when we both still dwelled in physicality.'

From ‘Death – Where Is Thy Sting?’

‘Comfort for the Bereaved’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : May 2nd, 2018 at 15:48.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 15:49

Fear

What do we have to fear? Nothing!
Whom do we have to fear? No-one!
Do you know why?
Consciously becoming one again with our Highest Self,
Gives us three great privileges:
Omnipotence and practising it safely in the knowledge
That true Power is with God alone,
And that this God, the living God within, will always
Show us where and how to do so.
This makes us feel intoxicated without needing any wine.
And because we have come home into the awareness
That we are eternal beings of light and immortal,
There no longer is any death for us,
Merely transformations
From one life-state into another.

St. Francis of Assisi
Edited by Aquarius

Recommended Reading:
‘There Is No Death’
‘The Fear Of Annihilation’

Aquarius
And the Astro Files

Last edited by Aquarius : May 31st, 2018 at 09:37.