The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Religion and spirituality
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 20th, 2013, 07:17

Default The Winter Of Our Life

The Seasons Of Our Life

The world around us is a mirror of what happens to us on the inner plane of life. And just like our planet in its seemingly endless succession of cycles of rebirth and death moves through the season of spring, summer, autumn and winter, our lives are subject to the same process. Old age is the human winter, but I know that every winter on all levels of life is followed by a new spring, which brings to our world the Universe’s gifts of resurrection, rebirth and renewal of all life’s forces. So I cannot say that the thought of old age disturbed me unduly. When we leave our physical bodies behind and return to the world of spirit, our true home, we are resurrected and reborn there into an existence of a different kind and new learning. What could be better?

Yet, now the winter of my life has arrived, I have to admit it has caught me a bit by surprise. What’s happened and how did I get here so fast? Where have the years and my youth gone? I remember seeing older people earlier in my life and thinking they were years ahead of me. The present season of my life was so far off that I could not imagine what it would be like. I was unprepared for the aches and pains that creep up on you with increasing age. I had not bargained for losing much of my strength and with it the ability and willingness to do the things I never got round to earlier in life. There is no way of telling how long this particular season will last for me, but it’s good to know that when its end comes for each one of us, our lives will by no means be over. I am sure you know exactly what I mean. New adventures and learning will be waiting for all of us in the world of spirit, our true home. Now, there’s an exciting thought for you.

If you have not yet reached the winter of your life, take it from me that it will catch up with you surprisingly quickly. Therefore, whatever it is still would like to accomplish, get on with it and do it. Do not procrastinate and put things off any longer. Earth life has a dreamlike quality and goes by amazingly fast. Do what you can today, as you can never be sure when you will be called home. In any case, there is no promise for any one of us that we shall experience as many seasons of life as others. That too is okay with me. Live for today and say all the things you want to tell your loved ones while there still is time. It will help them to appreciate and love you even more for yourself and not only for the things you have done for them over the years and what you will be leaving behind

Life is a gift from the Universe to everybody on the Earth plane, and the way we conduct ours can be made into our gift to those who follow in our footsteps, as well as ourselves and our world. We are here to make our stay and theirs as pleasant as we can, but living modestly and in a manner that cares for and nurtures Mother Earth, rather contributing to the general robbing and plundering her precious resources. Wise ones leave this plane of life in as good a state as possible because they are aware that if, in one of their coming lifetimes, they will be required to return to this existence, they will come as their own descendants – probably without being consciously aware that this is the case.

These wise ones appreciate that in one of their previous lifetimes they themselves could have been the people they used to think of as their great-grandparents and those who came before them. What an amazing thought! It puts quite a different slant on genealogy, don’t you think? Should further lifetimes on the Earth be required by any of us, by acting in positive and constructive ways now we can do our share of ensuring that we find a planet that has recovered from the ravages of humankind’s greed.

Today is the oldest I have ever been and when I am honest with myself, I have to admit that I do have some regrets. Mostly they are about the things I wish I had not done, but also those I should have done and somehow did not get round to. I comfort myself that this is balanced by the many things I did well and am glad about. When you take stock of your life, you may find the same. No matter what age you presently are, it is likely that the winter of your own life will sneak up on you in no time at all. So make the most of every day the Universe grants you and enjoy what it brings you as much as you can. Don’t forget to have some fun and be content with whatever experiences come your way. The acceptance that all of them in the final analysis serve a wise and higher purpose can turn each day into a good one.

Live healthily and remind yourself every so often that nothing in our present existence truly belongs to any of us. Only what we are has power and value and not the things we have acquired. A happy and loving heart and a peaceful accepting mind are the only wealth in this life that is worth acquiring and not pieces of gold and silver. The riches of our spirit and soul are ours to keep, as they are the only things we are allowed to take with us into Eternity. All the rest stays behind and inevitably has to go to someone else. Therefore, whatever goodness is in you and your life at any given time, make a special effort to share it with those around you. It’s not what we gather in material possessions, but that which we scatter that reveals the quality of our character and our life.

Our physical bodies are masterpieces of precision engineering, which are part of Mother Earth and belong to her. We are responsible for them, their maintenance and wellbeing. Each one is a means of transport that takes us through one lifetime on the Earth plane. At its beginning a new one is entrusted into our care, which should be returned to the Earth at its end in as good a condition as possible. Of far greater importance however is the dweller inside these vehicles, our spirit and soul.

The same as all other earthly things our physical bodies are easily hurt and damaged. Frequently they are in need of repairing and eventually have to perish when they have reached the end of their usefulness. In contrast to this the indwelling spirit and soul are immortal and eternal. They move on and will never perish. The degree of consciousness they have reached at the time of leaving their outer shell behind, is imprinted into each one of its cells and atoms, which are reabsorbed into those of Mother Earth. They fully become part of her again and can then be recycled. When one of us evolves, our whole planet does the same. This is how we are helping each other move ever forwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral of life. Having patiently and lovingly put up with our ignorant and unruly human behaviour for many lifetimes, isn’t that what our planet richly deserves?

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/

Last edited by Aquarius : August 29th, 2016 at 10:10.
Old March 21st, 2013, 09:34

Default Winter on the outside - changing seasons within

Thank you for sharing your perspective. It strikes me that while I acknowledge that it might be the winter of your life physically (and mine approaching quickly as well), you seem very much alive spiritually, mentally and emotionally. Like ever changing seasons perhaps... :-)

Warm greetings -

Halina

Grief To Growth
Inspiration, education and support for widows
http://halinagoldstein.com/blog
Old March 30th, 2013, 07:38

Dear Halina - thank you for your comments. As the years moved by and the older I have grown, the whole perspective of life changed dramatically. One of the most enjoyable aspects of this part of my life is that with an ever increasing understanding of the background of life, many issues that once seemed all-important have simply fallen by the wayside. That’s why to me growing older is the greatest gift that life has to bestow upon any of its children. In my view, it is not something to be afraid of, but to be looked forward to, relished and enjoyed, when it slowly but surely sneaks up on us.

Having reached this time of life, any wisdom we gained is a reward for battling our way, as best we knew how to, through the many obstacles and hardships that are inevitable on our pathway through our present lifetime. I found that the situation eased considerably once I had found the awareness that if help is required it has to be asked for, and that as soon as we reach out for the helping hand of God and the Angels, they draw ever closer to us. I do hope that this will also make our passage back into our true home an easier one, when the time for letting go of this world has come. The earlier in life one starts with this, the better and more effective it is bound to be.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old July 16th, 2015, 15:07

re posted this lovely thread by aquarius as he isn't on here today to post one x
Old July 17th, 2015, 06:38

How kind of you, Hazel.

Thank you and God bless.

With love - Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old August 29th, 2016, 09:22

Reflections On Growing Older

Part One

Drinking From The Eternal Fountain Of Youth

To me, growing older is the greatest gift that life has to bestow upon any of its children. In my view, it is not something to be afraid of, but to be looked forward to, relished and enjoyed, when it slowly but surely sneaks up on you. As the years moved by and the older I grew, the more my perspective of my life changed. One of the most enjoyable aspects of this part of my life is that with my ever increasing understanding of the spiritual background of life, many issues that once seemed all-important with the passing of time have simply fallen by the wayside.

It’s interesting to reflect a bit on those that once threatened to burn me up and swallow me whole around age 29 1/2, the time of my first Saturn Return, 40 to 45 Uranus Opposition, and 59 Second Saturn Return. You can read more about these landmarks in the evolutionary cycle of life by following the link at the end of this chapter. Having lived through the experiences the earlier parts of my life brought me, drawn the learning from them and having written about it, none of them are now of any consequence for me. This has set me free to make the most of what the experience of old age is bringing in rich measure. In my view that is the way it should be for all of us, although frequently it is not.

Having reached this time of life, any wisdom we gained is a reward for battling our way, as best we knew how to, through the many obstacles and hardships that are inevitable on our pathway through our present lifetime. I wish I had known then that no life can be without them, as otherwise we would not learn anything and grow. My situation eased considerably when I discovered that if we want help to come to us, we need to ask for it. God and the Angels can only draw closer when we reach out for their helping hands. I live in hope that this will also make my passage back into the world of light, our true home, an easier one when my time for it has come. The earlier in life one begins to live in this consciousness, the better and more effective that particular journey is bound to be.

I now no longer have any qualms acting out the real me and fully being the person I always wanted to be. When I look into the mirror, sometimes I am astonished at how young I still look. Yet, there are also times when I seem to look and feel a million years old. Never mind, I tell myself, that’s probably because I am. I am sure you know exactly what I mean. Most of the time, however, I feel amazingly young inside this body of mine, younger than I ever did before in my present lifetime. This must have something to do with the fact that having experienced difficult times – having reached my age, who hasn’t? – one gets more in touch with one’s immortal and ageless spirit and soul.

As the years slipped by, equipped with the learning I was finding along my way, life gradually became much easier in so many ways. But most of all I enjoy the knowledge that it is not death that looms ahead when we leave our physical bodies behind, but a rebirth and release into our true home, where loved ones are waiting for us. I think it will make a big difference to our relationships when we all stand before each other in our true roles as children of the Great Father/Mother of a all life and siblings in the vast family of all life, rather than as grandparents, parents and children. I hope that under these conditions proper reconciliation, wherever it is still missing, will be possible and the chains and shackles of Karma between us dissolved once and for all.

There is no need to envy anyone their youth or any other part of their lives. I certainly don’t wish for any season of mine to return. Once more round in this particular lifetime is enough for me. It’s not been an easy ride and I am glad to have got as far as where I presently am. I don’t know whether some people have less gray hair or flatter bellies because that’s not the kind of thing I pay attention to. To me, the most important part of anyone, including myself, is the spirit and soul that dwells in a physical body. If that’s a good one, nothing else is of any importance to me. Take it from me, the wisdom one gains richly makes up for the physical ageing process, which in any case can be greatly influenced by an increasingly positive attitude towards life. I can tell you from first hand experience that in truth, growing older is very much a state of mind.

As my life progressed and with more understanding of my own needs, I became kinder to myself and less critical. I learnt to be my own best friend instead of my worst enemy. And that, as you may know, is by no means an easy task! I do not feel the need to overindulge in things like biscuits or chocolate. Over the years I have found that I no longer need such things as much as I did in my younger days. These days I prefer to treat myself regularly to cut flowers, candles and aromatherapy.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken many times. Nietzsche was right when he said: ‘That which does not kill us makes us stronger.’ It’s good to know first hand that the experiences of the really do make us stronger, because they have taught us that life goes on and that there is always a way forward, no matter what may ever befall us. It is true that one’s heart bleeds and one’s soul weeps over the loss of loved ones, or when one has to witness the suffering that is at times inflicted upon humans and animals alike, but it is a great comfort to know that life is eternal and will always continue for all of us. And I thank the goodness of life for having taught me that from broken hearts and endured pain inner strength, understanding and compassion grow.

- To be continued. -

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old August 29th, 2016, 09:23

Reflections On Growing Older

Part Two

Drinking From The Eternal Fountain Of Youth

One of my many blessings is that, in spite of the fact that I have already spent a long time on the Earth plane, I do not yet have that much grey hair. Oh yes, there are wrinkles on my face and some of them are definitely getting deeper. But so what? They will only last for as long as I need this body – then I will hand it back and be free – free – free!!!

I shall take to my spiritual wings and I will be able to visit all the wonderful places round the world I never got to see during this lifetime. Just imagine, I shall do so without lugging a physical body around and having to care for it, which takes up an incredibly long part of each day. Never again will I have to carry a suitcase or wait in overcrowded airport lounges and endure screaming children running wild. I will think of a beautiful place and shall instantly be there. Now, isn’t that so much better than all the travelling hassle one has these days on the physical plane?

Most of all I enjoy getting older because I know that I am eternal being of light who can never die and that when my time has come for handing my physical body back to Mother Earth, I will return into my true home – the world of spirit, to rest and recuperate. Having done so, the greater freedom of the spirit world will be waiting for me and it will be possible for me to study any subject I care to name. I shall want to do all the things that of necessity had to be neglected during my present lifetime, for example learning to play a musical instrument, maybe several, and singing in a choir. If I’m good enough I might be invited by the Angels to join them. Who knows? Ah, endless possibilities, dear friends! Who would begrudge being so much closer to all of that, as one gets older?

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old September 1st, 2016, 10:35

Reflections On Growing Older – Part B

The Homecoming

‘If I knew I had to die tomorrow, I would still plant an apple tree today,’ Martin Luther wrote. The fruits we harvest from the tree of our life during this lifetime are the seeds of what we planted in others. It is never too late to start planting good seeds, especially if many of the apples on the tree of our present lifetime seemed to be either rotten or riddled by worms. The age of our physical body does not matter one bit. It is never too late for turning our destiny round and making a fresh start, no matter what age we have reached.

After all, it’s only our physical body that grows older, so why should its age have anything to do with the age of our soul and spirit? They are immortal, unborn and, therefore, have no age. They are eternally young and cannot die – time and ageless, they know no boundaries or limits. Time is part of the illusion of our temporary and fleeting earthly existence, and does not exist anywhere else.

Taking pleasure in the thought of growing older with me is not, I assure you, a way of wishing my present lifetime away. Far from it! But, as the knowledge that there truly is no death sinks ever deeper into my consciousness, I share the feelings of Chiron, the wounded healer, when he finally regained his immortality by coming home into the awareness of his true nature and relationship with God. It’s his joy I feel and strengthened by my inner understanding, like Chiron, I would not dream of turning away from Earth life and its responsibilities.

Quite the opposite is true. The wisdom I am finding along the way gives me, like it once must have done for Chiron, the strength to tackle whatever may come my way with renewed vigour. This is because now my consciousness rests securely in the knowledge that all life, including my own, rests safely in my Divine parents’ hands and that, no matter what may ever befall me, my world and I will always be safe. In this understanding all my fears slowly dissolve, especially the one of death and this sets me free to attend diligently to all my karmic duties and obligations. Learning to love all life God’s way, totally and unconditionally, enables me to make extra special efforts at resolving and healing even the most difficult and traumatic ones of my relationships.

Appreciating that everything that ever happened to me was provided by the great wisdom of my Creator helps me to enjoy my earthly existence and live it more fully. I revel in the knowledge of God’s unlimited power, omnipotence and omniscience, as the only one who truly knows the needs of all children of the Earth, to help each one through their own experiences to learn and grow into spiritual maturity. All this makes the prospect of more lifetimes on the Earth plane, should I require them, an enjoyable one.

White Eagle in one of the Lodge’s Monday Thoughts on 18.2.2013 had this to say about eternal youth: ‘Great cycles come and pass, time and time again like night and day. A great cosmic night follows each great cosmic day. To help you become more patient, try to get away from the limitation of time, do not think in terms of years. There are those who say to us, your guides in the world of light: ‘Oh, I am getting old!’ Bless their hearts. All eternity lies before them. Can you imagine life pulsating on and on? If you get the realism and the vibration of this in the heart of your being, weariness or death will be unknown to you. You undergo transmutations but never death. That is the secret of eternal youth for Master souls.’

It’s the heart
Afraid of breaking that never learns to dance;
It’s the dream
Afraid of waking that never takes a chance;
It’s the one
Who won’t be taken that cannot seem to give;
And the soul
Afraid of dying that never learns to live.

From ‘The Rose’
Amanda McBroom

Recommended Reading:

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old September 4th, 2016, 07:20

Reflections On Growing Older - Part C

Looking At The Bright Side

Fed up and disenchanted with himself and his life and feeling thoroughly sorry for himself, a man was sitting in his study. After a moment or two of contemplation, he picked up a pen and started to write: ‘I had surgery last year during which my gall bladder was removed. Because of the operation I had to stay in bed for a long time. I was approaching the age of sixty in the same year and was disappointed that after having spent thirty years of my life in a publishing company and done well for them, I was asked to retire to make room for a younger person. This meant giving up my favourite job. During that year my father died and my son failed his medical exam, because he had been involved in a car accident and spent several days in a hospital bed with a cast on his foot. The car was a write-off. Ah, what a miserable year!’

If only the man had known that he was going through his second Saturn return, and that with it the time had come for clearing out the things that were no longer of any use in his life. Be that as it may, later that day his wife came to see him and found him looking sad and lost in thought. For some time she had been watching how he was sinking ever deeper into a mood of despondency and depression. Standing behind him she read his notes. An idea came to her and she silently left the room. But after a while she returned with a sheet of paper, which she placed by the side of what her husband’s notes.

The woman had recently consulted the Great Mother of all life, the wise one within her, and asked: ‘What can I do to help my husband?’ It was the Mother’s love and wisdom that guided the wife’s hand and thoughts when she wrote:

‘Last year I finally got rid of a gall bladder that had caused me many years of discomfort and pain. In the same year I turned sixty-five. I am of sound health and having retired from my job, I can now use more of my time to compose the master novels I have always dreamed I would write one day. They are going to be stories that have purpose and meaning, because I am now much more focussed and at peace.

‘After having lived to the ripe old age of ninety-five without needing to depend on others or suffering from any serious illnesses, in that same year my father passed into the world of light. Reunited with my mother, he is sure to be exploring his new home now and enjoying its greater freedom. I look forward to seeing them again in due course. If I last as long as my father did, I have another thirty-five years before me. It’s up to me whether I spend them unhappily dwelling on the things that once were, or whether I make them into the most happy and creative time of my life.

‘It is true, it was also the year my car was a complete write-off. However, the main thing is that our son is alive and has survived the accident without disabilities. All in all, I think the year passed well and when looked at in the right way, it has brought many blessings into my life, for which I give thanks and praise to the Highest.’

The ability to see the bright side of all our experiences is one of the finest and rewarding art forms Earth life has to offer. And if we but take a closer look at our lives, there is always something to be thankful for. Being grateful for the many gifts the Universe bestows upon us at any given moment fills our whole being with a sense of fulfilment, happiness and the goodness of life.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old September 5th, 2016, 06:32

A Matter Of Perception

A blind boy with a hat by his feet was sitting on the steps of a building. A sign by the side of the hat said: ‘I am blind, please help.’ A man who was walking by noticed how very little there were in the hat, so he took some coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat. Pausing for a moment, he took the sign, turned it round, wrote something on it and then placed it so that anyone who passed by could see what was written.

To the boy’s amazement, it didn’t take long until his hat began to fill up, as now lots more people were putting something into it. The same afternoon the man who had changed the words came to see how things were going. The boy recognised the man’s footsteps and asked: ‘Are you the one who changed my sign this morning?’

‘Yes,’ replied the man.

‘What did you write?’ asked the boy.

‘I wrote nothing but the truth,’ came the reply. ‘All I did was to express your worlds in a different manner, so that your sign now reads: “Today is a beautiful day, but I cannot see it.”’

Both signs told people that the boy was blind. While the first version simply stated that the boy was blind, the second one reminded those walking past how lucky they were to have their eyesight. Not surprisingly, the second sign was more effective.

All of us could do with being more aware of and thankful for the gifts the Universe bestows upon us day by day. Giving thanks and praise for them helps us to become more creative and innovative in our thinking, because we then perceive our world and everything in it in more positive ways than before. And even if life sometimes gives us a hundred reasons for crying, it’s worth our while to make an effort at remembering that at the same time we also have a thousand reasons for giving thanks and for showing this to our world by smiling.

So, let’s face the past without regrets and handle the present with confidence. Trusting the love and wisdom of the Great Father/Mother of all life to send us at all times exactly what we need – though not necessarily what we want – with each passing day increases our ability to face the future without fear. And the more our faith increases, the more our fears decrease and dissolve.

Aquarius
And the Astro Files