The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Religion and spirituality
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 11th, 2013, 10:29

Default how long we live

how long does a man (woman) live thousand years or one one week or a century and what do we mean when we say he has gone forever we fret over our loss and ask so many questions and the answer is simple a man lives for as long as we carry them inside us as long as we carry the harvest of their dreams for as long as we ourselves live
about 28 years ago i was taking my 6 children on their first holiday to anglesey my car broke down in shrewsbury it was beyond repair in the garage an old man the garage owners grandad was sitting on a chair outside he was listening to how we were all stranded he said put everything you have in my car i will take you there myself he drove the 250 miles there and back for nothing but a cup of tea that old man must have passed away a long time ago now but he is alive in my heart i always remember him with the rest of my loved ones
so we live as long as we are carried in the hearts of others for as long as we live they are alive in our hearts

a mans wife or partner will carry his love the scent of him his touch his dreams his soul and everything he was
his children will carry the weight of his love his advice the sacrifices he may have made for them the warm feeling in childhood of being safe all the memories his insperation to be the person they have become
his siblings may carry his secrets the memories of growing up together remember him for the rock he was to them and his family
one friend may carry his arguments
one friend may carry his childhood
one friend may carry his advice and remember him for always being there in times of trouble
one friend may carry his humour remember the jokes and his sense of fun enjoying life making people laugh
another friend may carry his favourite song
and one friend may carry his fears and terrors
parents left behind will carry his life from the day he was born carry all his lifes ups and downs see him grow into a man
a neighbour may carry a kindness offered when most needed
a work colleague may carry his dedication
and a stranger will carry a good deed a smile a word of kindness or an act of remarkable love and compassion
and the days will pass all with sad baffled faces grief will pierce into the soul of many people as the weeks and months go by a day will come one day when no questions will be asked and the knots in the stomache will loosen the tears will cease to flow and the faces will show calm again and on that day he will not have ceased but will have ceased to be seperated by death

so a man lives as long as we are here to remember them in different ways by different people until one by one we will all be reunited in heaven where we will all live together again for eternity
love hazelx

Last edited by hazelharris : May 13th, 2013 at 04:16.
Old May 11th, 2013, 12:43

Default Nice thought x

That's a very nice thought hazel I enjoyed reading that thanks x
Love mart x
Old May 11th, 2013, 13:23

Default thank you

dear haze, thank you for your message, it is so very true, i think what we all need is to find a way to live through the lonliness that we have now without them, but as you say, they live on in our hearts till the day of reunion. i ask and pray for all of us who are sometimes steeped in lonliness, is it selfish? is it self pity? a bit of both maybe? i ask for us all to make it through those dark times, to step back into the light, when that sense of aloneness comes upon us, may we all sense the presence of our passed loves for they are really only in the next room, and when the tears or fear of being alone come, may we remember all the very lonely, scared and forgotten souls in this world and say a prayer for them. thank you, you are an inspiration to all of us, dear hazel.

love and warm hugs.

chrissie. xx
Old May 12th, 2013, 16:13

Hazel, this is magnificent! It deserves a much wider audience than our small group in the big world. I wonder how you could offer it to others? There are so many in the world in need of the words and the thought behind those words.

Well done!
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:58

walk within you

if i be the first of us to die
let grief not blacken long your sky
be bold yet modest in your grieving
there is a change but not a leaving
for just as death is part of life
the dead live on forever in the living
and all the gathered riches of our journey
the moments shared, the mysteries explored
the steady layering of imtimacy stored
the things that made us laugh or weep or sing
the joy of sunlit snow or first unfurling of the spring
the wordless language of look and touch
the knowing
each giving and each taking
these are not flowers that fade
nor trees that fall and crumble
nor are they stone
for stone cannot the wind and rain withstand
and mighty mountain peaks in time reduce to sand
what we are we are
what we had we have
a conjoined past imperishably present
so when you walk the woods where once we walked together
and scan in vein the dappled bank beside you for my shadow
or pause where we always did upon the hill to gaze across the land
or spotting something reach by habit for my hand
and finding none feel sorrow start to steal upon you
be still
close your eyes
breathe
listen to my footfall in your heart
i am not gone but merely walk within you
Old October 4th, 2014, 13:48

reposted to those who may find some comfort from reading x
Old October 5th, 2014, 07:19

Beautiful! Thank you, Hazel, for sharing your observations and insights with us here.

With love - Aquarius

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/
Old July 26th, 2015, 06:19

The brightest future will always be based not on a forgotten, but a forgiven and healed past. We cannot successfully move on in life until we have let go of our past mistakes, failures and heartaches. Recognise and accept each one of them as an essential part of the lessons you have come to experience in the course of your present lifetime, and give thanks for them. You will then find that there is no longer anything to forgive, yourself or anyone else.

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/
Old August 7th, 2015, 07:28

i had a message yesterday to say how much this thread had helped so i thought this is a reason to repost this one today in the hope it may give comfort to those grieving i hope the meaning of this thread is understood by all my friends who come on here in their grief. Whoever you are grieving for in your life your memories are personal to you some may be shared with others especially family members but loved ones will be remembered by many many people for different reasons some will remember them daily ,monthly or occassionaly or a fleeting memory will come to some who may not have known them well but they live on in many different memories to many people as long as we are here .The person you love will never be forgotten until one by one we each with our memories will be reunited with them in heaven where we will live in eternal love and peace xx
Old October 20th, 2015, 02:21

Default So good and so true

Haze I loved re reading your post here, they are in the next room, we can't see them but they are there, they are now part of the great crowd of witnesses that are there shouting joyfully, "keep going, don't give up, you are not alone, we love you"
Haze luv you girl, your one of the souls still here in this realm also shouting, "keep going, don't give up, you are not alone, we love you. Thank god for you.
We remember them all, we also remember Darren and Giuls who are in that crowd shouting those strengthening words to us. Xxxxx