The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Coping with grief > Religion and spirituality
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 24th, 2007, 13:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidThomasrau View Post
Not sure this is necessarily right.

You can't come to terms with death without first coming to terms with life.

What's life for?

You live, you work, you die. What's the point?
But perhaps that's the point riskey58 was making, too. There is no point to life, ultimately, unless you give it one, and having a faith is a way of giving life meaning for many people.
Old September 30th, 2007, 17:57

I think that if you have your faith that it will be a great deal of help understanding death. and in the end copeing with it.
Old September 30th, 2007, 21:38

Quote:

What's life for?

It's all that fun stuff in between that is the point! Just think of all the people we meet and love and all the great food we eat and movies we see! What a great thing, this life!
Old October 12th, 2007, 10:27

Quote:

What's life for?

With all due respect, in the context of this thread I think this statement is very over-simplified.

If you want to try to reduce the description of a meaningful and productive life to just a few syllables, I suggest adding some words such as love, create, communicate and maybe nurture to name a few.
Old September 1st, 2008, 10:24

Default The Song of the Rose

THE ROSE
Some say love –
It is a river that runs the tender reed,
Some say love –
It is a razor that leaves the soul to bleed,
Some say love –
It is a hunger, an endless aching need.
I say: ‘Love –
It is a flower and we its only seed.’

It’s the heart
Afraid of breaking that never learns to dance;
It’s the dream
Afraid of waking that never takes a chance;
It’s the one
Who won’t be taken that cannot seem to give;
And the soul
Afraid of dying that never learns to live.

When the night has been too lonely,
And the road has been too long;
When you think that love is only
For the lucky and the strong;
Just remember in the winter –
Far beneath the bitter snows –
Lies the seed that with the Sun’s love,
In the spring, becomes

The Rose.

A. McBroom
Old September 22nd, 2008, 07:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramathea View Post
I find it hard to come to terms with my death.
Once in a while it occurs to me how lucky I am to have found the awareness that I am eternal being of light; there is no death and I will never die - I will always be alive. These by now are very comforting reflections to me, even if those around me sometimes don't seem to understand. I try to explain, not always successfully. However, that's their problem - before God each one of us stands alone. With love - Aquarius

Aquarius
Author of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’
And the Astro Files
http://www.raysofwisdom.com/
Old September 22nd, 2008, 07:47

Default What's life for?

You were asking, dear friend: 'What's life for?' Here are a few of my reflections on this theme:

ALL LIFE IS EVOLUTION

The purpose of all aspects of life is evolution. We are on the Earth plane to evolve, to study and explore ourselves and it. Everything that shares our world with us is evolving with us; so is the whole of Creation. God is life and life is God; and life itself is our teacher. Through our daily experiences, we are constantly finding out and gathering ever more knowledge about ourselves and our world. All along, the intention has been that in the fullness of time, when we have learnt sufficiently to have become enlightened beings, that we should find our way home into our true nature again. Recommended Reading: Chapter ‘Enlightenment’

We all contain dualities of many different kinds and the world we live in is one of paradoxes. Some of these dualities we shall explore in more detail later in this first volume of the jottings; others will have to wait until future editions. For the moment, let us either become aware of or remind ourselves – you alone know which option applies to you – that we all contain both feminine and masculine energies. Each one of is us both woman and man at the same time, already whole and complete within ourselves. We are – or rather shall again be in due course – like the Angels and God, whose feminine and masculine energies are in perfect balance and harmony with each other. That is our destiny. To my mind it is one that is well worth striving for.

We are spirit and soul – to me, the two are one – temporarily encased in matter. On the one hand we belong to this world and on the other one we do not. For as long as we are trapped in our physical bodies we belong to the Earth plane. However, this is only half the story; the most vital part of us is our spirit and soul. Our true home is the world of spirit. Each time we leave one of our physical bodies behind, we return to this world to rest and recover from the stresses and strains of Earth life. The evolutionary pathway of every soul takes a great many lifetimes, in which it has to learn from its own first hand experiences, to help it grow in wisdom and understanding of itself and the life it has been placed in. Life on Earth is a school and through its lessons the soul’s character qualities begin to develop. The more it learns the further it evolves and its consciousness expands. And each time it returns to the world of spirit, it – together with the wise ones in whose charge it is – assess the progress the soul has made, not only during the lifetime just completed, but all of them.

Extract from ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’ Volume One ‘Healers and Healing’

With Love and Light,
Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old November 14th, 2008, 14:15

Default ‘Overcoming Depression and Suicidal Tendencies through Understanding’

Dear little Lady – of course neither he nor you are going to burn in the eternal fires of hell. Heaven and hell are states of consciousness, not places that anyone goes to, as your present experience abundantly demonstrates. Don’t despair and never doubt that you and your loved will be re-united in the world of spirit, when the right moment has come. In the meantime, he will be with you whenever you want him to be and he will be able to help and guide you from the other side of the veil of consciousness that separates our two worlds.

To help you find a better understanding of depression and suicide, I would like to share with you a few of my insights into this theme:

‘To make any progress on the theme of depression and suicide, to my mind, one needs to look for the possible causes of this condition and start to dig for its roots. In all likelihood they are reaching much further back in time than could be imagined by observers who only look at the surface of life. What we need first and foremost is a fresh understanding of the purpose and meaning of this life. Then take a careful look at the way most of us are now living in societies that to a large extent have lost their spiritual centre and focus of life. Although some of us are slowly regaining theirs, there are a great many who do not even know why they are in this life and what they are meant to do.

‘The Rabbi Yehuda Ashlay 1884-1954, who wrote under the name Baal HaSulam said in his ‘Freedom of Will’: ‘We are born into a family we did not choose. We are also raised in an environment we did not choose. In ‘Attaining The Worlds Beyond’ the Rav Michael Laitman writes: ‘Against your will you are born, against your will do you live, and against your will you will die...’

‘‘We continue to grow and develop in an environment not of our choosing. During this growth and development stage we are sculpted by the environment and our own genetic attributes until we are able to begin processing various choices available to us. We may think we have Free Will since we are able to choose what we want to eat, drink, which friends to have, what we wear, or what is our stand on environmental issues. However, choices we make and inclinations we have come from society and genes and we are ultimately influenced by them, no matter which way we turn to. Where is free will then?’

‘There is more in this vein, but I imagine you get the drift. Everybody can only write from their own perception of life and what a bleak and cheerless picture the Rabbi paints, trapped in the beliefs and dogmas of his religion. I know from first hand experience what a gloomy, sad and depressing existence one leads for as long as one still looks at it from the blinkered view that it is a one-off thing. It is a state of being in which the human soul and spirit feel like trapped in a dark box from which there is no escape. This is a dungeon of despair that is entirely of one’s own making, if ever there was one. The walls of this prison consist of all the false beliefs and prejudices about God, ourselves and our reality, which our earthly personality has accumulated in the course of many lifetimes.

‘In that impoverished state the world is indeed a very threatening and frightening place, in which one feels hopelessly and helplessly subject to the forces of a frequently unkind destiny, which one does not understand. God and the Angels are the only ones who know for how many lifetimes any soul already has been in this position. Is it any wonder that depression is so widespread and causing such severe problems to so many?

‘Sounds discouraging, doesn’t it? But take heart! For every human being the moment finally comes when the first glimmer of light appears in the deepest darkest hours of the night of its soul. As it slowly begins to surface from its spiritual slumbers, it comes home into the realisation that there is much more to Earth life than that which can only be seen on its surface. As it catches its first glimpses of other realities and dimensions, a new perception of life begins to sneak into its consciousness and it realises that the things that are invisible to earthly eyes are of far greater importance than Earth life itself.

‘There dawns in the soul the slow realisation that God and the Angels really do exist on a different level of life, and that this is its true home. With ever greater clarity the soul sees that they are something much greater and far more beautiful than anyone on the Earth in previous ages could have imagined. It begins to recognise that they are part of everybody’s own true eternal reality and not merely something to be found in pathetic tales for people who are a bit soft in their heads.’

Extract from ‘Overcoming Depression and Suicidal Tendencies through Understanding’

To find out more click on ‘Depression and Suicide’

‘Astrology on the Healing Journey’
‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’

With love and light,
Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old November 15th, 2008, 07:46

Dear Little Lady,
Please, forgive me for not adding my most heartfelt condolences to yesterday’s posting. Something inside reminded me last night not to forget to do this today and also to give you this message:

‘I have not gone from you. I have merely slipped into another room. The world of spirit is not some place else; it is not ‘up there’, but an integral part of your present environment, the material world. Although I no longer live in a physical body, I still am myself, and you still are you; we always shall be. Whatever we have been to each other, we still are. The love that has been between us does not need to die, but it can change through this experience, to grow stronger and deeper – if we so wish. Therefore, call me by my old familiar name; speak to me the easy way you always did. Let there be no difference in the sound of your voice. Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed together. Enjoy the jokes that made us laugh. Play with me and smile at me. Think of me, and pray for me, as you always did. Let my name remain the familiar word it always was to you; speak it without effort. Never doubt for a moment that I can hear you, that I feel your love, and that I shall always be with you, wherever you are.

‘Life is the same it ever was and all that it ever meant for you and me. There is absolute and unbroken continuity; nothing has changed. My physical death was no accident; it was meant to happen exactly when it did. For your sake – not mine – make an effort to accept this, the way I have done. And don’t believe anyone who tries to tell you that because I am out of your sight, this means that I should be out of your mind. That can only happen, if you so wish. But if you still want me, now is our opportunity for coming closer to each other than it was ever possible, when we were still separated through living in two separate physical bodies.

‘You can find me and be with me, whenever you want to, because I shall be alive in your heart, for as long as you want me to be there. And in the corners of your mind, I am always waiting for you to call on me. I shall never be further away from you than a thought, and you can get in touch with me whenever you want; it’s as simple as that. I shall always listen to you when you need me; when you call me, I shall come to help and guide you. But, never forget that you and I each have different lessons to attend to – you in the material world, and I now in the world of light. Therefore, let us also give each other the necessary space and time, so that when we do meet, we can come ever closer to each other, to share precious moments – the way we always did. All rests safely in God’s hands; all is well. God and the Angels are always with you; so am I.’

From ‘Comfort for the Bereaved’

With love and light,
Aquarius

Aquarius
And the Astro Files
Old August 25th, 2015, 14:33

re posted x