The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Dealing with death > Death by suicide
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 17th, 2007, 21:38

There have been moments in my life where I wished I could have died...growing up and being made fun of because I have a big nose, or being a skinny white girl or whatever anyone could find to make fun of, because I was an easy target. Eventually I stopped caring about what people said because everyone will try to find something to say, and normally I have something snappy to say back that stops them in their tracks.
Sometimes it's just responsibility that overwhelms me. People expect a lot of me, and I try to fulfill everything but when I realize I can't, I shut myself off. If the times are really rough, I also shut down. I wish I don't wake up. But I could never have the courage to do the job myself. Sometimes I imagine how bad it could really be if I just hurried up and did it and got on with it but I know that some people would really miss me and that would be selfish of me. So I try to just sleep it off or cry to myself until I feel better.
Old December 22nd, 2007, 06:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick-r-treat View Post
I just can't even imagine what it is like for someone to actually take the step on doing this! I don't think I would have enough courage, no matter how bad things were for me.
As a teen who thought her life was horrible...overweight, abusive parents, no friends at school and shunned by my peers...I contemplated sucide more than once. Sucide seemed the easiest way out, but for those who can, perserverance is the true way out.