The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Pet loss > Coping with the loss of a pet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 9th, 2012, 10:07

Unhappy i feel very lost

um, this is hard for me. I had a beautiful cat, named Isis, for 12 years. she had developed fatal liver disease. yesterday, i put her down, which is the hardest decision i've had to make. my spouse is away at work til the 23 which really bites. my friends don't have cars and my family is on a cruise at the moment. she only wieghed in at about 4lbs at gthe end. she knew something was wrong. she gave my chin one last bump with her head, giving me comfort til the end, which hit me hard. i shouldn't of done it, i don't know how to deal with this, alone......please, any words would be help ful....
Old December 9th, 2012, 10:51

hi isis when you have a loved pet sent to cat heaven it's the last loving act you have to do for them the alternative is seeing them in pain and suffering you wouldn't want that for her would you i know it's hard and breaks your heart to lose her but remember you gave her a loving home and a life with no suffering hunger or ill treatment that unfortunately happens to far too many animals she lived with a loving family who cared and loved her that was everything please know it does get easier i have lost many beloved pets i never forget them but i feel happy as i know they were loved in their life
love hazelxx
Old December 9th, 2012, 11:01

Default isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by isisForever View Post
um, this is hard for me. I had a beautiful cat, named Isis, for 12 years. she had developed fatal liver disease. yesterday, i put her down, which is the hardest decision i've had to make. my spouse is away at work til the 23 which really bites. my friends don't have cars and my family is on a cruise at the moment. she only wieghed in at about 4lbs at gthe end. she knew something was wrong. she gave my chin one last bump with her head, giving me comfort til the end, which hit me hard. i shouldn't of done it, i don't know how to deal with this, alone......please, any words would be help ful....
hello dear friend, from one pet lover to another, i understand how hard it is to let them go, when the time comes we have to do what is right for them but that dosent stop the pain of loss. all types of grief hurt us and our pets are such a part of our lives of course we grieve, as humans we are wired that way. i offer a welcome to you on forum, we have some who love and think that our pets and all animals are important and a precious gift from god.

i have owned 7 cats in my life, all gone ahead but one, my ebani, hes now 16 sleeps a lot, hugs into me when im sad, i am planning to adopt two more when bani goes, 1 year olds if i can. when i had banis brother poggle still here they were great mates, very funny to watch, always trying to outdo each other especialy over the food, i believe there all now with my hubby who went home last dec, they probably complained when giuls got there, whees mum, she remembered to feed us on time it hurts love, come and talk here till your family get to be with you, tell us the funny stories of isis and yes she did know it was time, she did give you her kiss of love, she will be waiting for you. hold on in there. god bless.

big hugs

chrissie. xxx
Old December 9th, 2012, 16:15

IsisForever, what a lovely way to sign on here! I am sorry for the loss of your beautiful cat. Those of us who have pets know how important they are, how we feel they are family as much as the people in our lives have been family.

I've now lost all of my human family, have lost cats in the past, and just had a sad few days thinking I would lose my friend of 16 years. So I know the loss of a pet is just as devastating as is the loss of a person. I've lost both.

Only in the past few days have I posted about my own cat, and how very sad I was at the thought I might have to put Casper down. I thought he had bladder or kidney disease, and I cried at the thought of being without him after so many years. Fortunately, he has been diagnosed with manageable diseases (diabetes and hyperthyroidism, for which he will have lifelong medications, and a heart murmur). I haven't lost him yet, then, and I will treasure each day longer that I have him. I know it won't be long, given his age now, and his illnesses.

I well understand, as does everyone here who is owned by a cat, how much we need our pets, how much we love them, and how empty our lives are when we have to let them go. A sad decision for any of us.

I have lost two beautiful cats to disease, and both times, I had to make the decision to put them down. I cried for days. I have lost several other cats to illness or accidents, from my childhood on. Seems we always had a cat at home. And lost them.

As chrissie says, we know when the time comes to say goodbye, because we know there is a point we can't bear to see them suffer any longer. It still hurts more than we can say, but we have to show them that final act of love.

I can picture your sorrow when Isis gave you the farewell "head tap." She was telling you it was okay, she was saying "thank you for all the years of love," and telling you "thank you for letting me go, for caring for me until the end, and then for being here with me at the end."

I am absolutely convinced of that. Isis said thank you, and I believe she will be waiting for you.

Your heart will ache for a time to come. And you will be sad whenever you remember your beautiful pet for many years to come. I know, because I still can shed tears when I remember my beautiful girl Serenity, and I had to put her down almost 17 years ago. I wasn't able to be with her at the end, so I envy you that.

Your girl knew she was loved to the very last breath she took. There are not words to comfort you, but know at least, you are amongst friends here who had or have cats, and who know your sadness. Remind yourelf often, Isis knew she was loved. You gave her a wonderful life, you were with her at the end, and she knew she was loved all along.

Last edited by j's daughter : December 9th, 2012 at 16:17. Reason: revision
Old December 10th, 2012, 02:03

Default isisforever

hello dear love, i know your hurting,we are thinking of you, hold on in there.
isis will be close to you till she knows your going to be ok, and you will be in time. sending you lots of love and hugs.

chrissie. xxx