The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a friend
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 29th, 2012, 15:50

Default Cancer sucks

Recently (within the last week) my girlfriend, of 4 years, lost her best friend to a long and courageous battle with cancer. They were like sisters to one another, with her jokingly saying that mine and my girlfriend's daughter belonged to her.
Her and I weren't that close, in fact, most times we didn't see eye to eye and sometimes couldn't stand to be around one another. The memorial was held this weekend and we went. I stayed strong, all day, for my girlfriend but when she left that night I totally broke down and I haven't been the same since. I find it difficult to eat, to work, to smile and I even struggle to be happy around my daughter. I feel like I want to cry and punch something at the same time, all the time.
What I'm wondering is if it's possible that I could be channeling my girlfriend's feelings because of how much I care about her and how worried I am for her during this time?
It's been driving me mad and I don't know how strong I am because I've never had to deal with anything of this nature before.
Old April 29th, 2012, 16:17

Hello chaps, just read your sad post, welcome to this forum, there will always someone to talk with. Sometimes when someone close to us loses someone we can feel their anxiety, we also can feel sad simply for the loss of a person who went through so much through sickness. These feelings are normal, everyone reacts differently, we can be watching the news on telly and be moved to tears, can't we? This will pass soon for you,
but your girlfriend will need tender loving care and support, she not only has lost a dear friend, she also went through all her friends pain and suffering and her greif will take many turns. She may find coming here and sharing her feelings with those who are where she is, may help her. There is no judgment here, just understanding. I hope that this will help you chaps. I will include you and your girlfriend in my prayers.

Kind Regards

chrissie.
Old April 29th, 2012, 16:44

Thanks for kind words. I'll talk to her and see if she wants to sign up. She's not the type to really share with others tho. She'd rather write in her book that only she sees. I know it would help her to come on here, anonymous, and receive kind words from others suffering from the same grief.
Old April 29th, 2012, 17:14

Hi Chaps, just read your reply, yes thats good that she is writing it down, it's coming out thats whats important. Take care of yourself too love won't you.

Will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

kind regards

chrisse.
Old September 28th, 2013, 07:57

Sorry to hear that many have suffered the death of a loved one but if you read revelation 21:3,4 you will be happy to hear that we will no longer have to deal with pain or sickness so have a good day
Old September 28th, 2013, 18:12

hi chris i am replying to you on this post as its over a year old i know the passage well you refer to some of us on here have faith in the Lord and some do not as one who has faith the passage does give comfort but thats all when we are grieving for a loved one its not easy just to say because they are in heaven alls well we will go and have a good day I thank you for your message but believe me there's thousands of issues and mixed emotions with our intense grief that takes a long long time to recover from