The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a friend
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 17th, 2009, 17:05

Default Old wound, taking a long time to heal.

Hi, all.

In April 2007, I lost a dear friend to cancer. Although I only knew her online, she became as close to me as some relatives. It's been over two years now, and I'm still in pain...still have that little involuntary "argh!" moment when she comes to mind. I don't think it should be taking this long, but who am I to say?

I still remember everything about the final week, which I feel may be part of the problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Shady
Old August 2nd, 2009, 20:34

Hi Shady,

My name is Libby and im 16. What you're describing is 100% NORMAL, she was close to you and you have lost a major part of your life, you'll always remember her and have her close to your heart.
2007 is not a long time at all, I have been grieving for my dad for 14 years and it's still painful so please don't feel like you should be over it. Just try to keep your head up, I know it's easier said than done trust me but I just try for all the people around me, and just think, I'm sure your friend would want you to have a happy life and live it for her, if you like.

I'm always here to talk
Old August 6th, 2009, 11:41

Thanks. I appreciate your advice. It doesn't help that I'm still able to remember every damned detail of the last week of her life. If pushed, I could recount every word of the updates given to the messageboard community where I knew her. That's what makes this hell.