The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Loss of a loved one > Loss of a friend
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 16th, 2011, 16:38

Default not griefing over childhood friend

Hi, im a 15 year old boy, last monday a friend of mine was run over and killed.

Ide been friends with her for my 6 years of primary school and we were close in this time, she's the year above and when she left to highschool we grew apart.

I haven't actually talked to her in over a year, but i could tell by her updates on Facebook and her tastes in all kinds of things that she was the kind of girl that i would have bonded with really well.

She was really talented, at singing and photography and this is what im bothered about she died when she had such a future. Im also sad because i wasn't there to talk to her and be her friend when she was clearly someone i could get along with.

I also haven't been really upset, when i heard the news i was shocked but it didnt stop me with my life, that night i started to look into what she'd been up to in the time ide lost contact with her, like i said she was so talented in singing.

Now im feeling sad at times, but im feeling sad for her loss and because i missed out on her friendship. But i start to feel really bad because i feel i have to, its like i should be sad, i should be griefing but im not. I just feel like its such a shame.

what do you think on this?
Old October 17th, 2011, 04:51

Shalom in Yeshua Matt-- What you are doing is to yourself is the 'what if.....?
This isn't really grieving for a loved one it is more about you, and what may have been. No of us knows what the future hold so it not even worth worrying about.

It is right to feel sadness for the loss of someone you knew, but thinking the way you are is not the right thing to do. There is no reason whatsoever why you should be trying to grieve.

May God bless you
Tom