The Light Beyond Bereavement Forum Bereavement StoreMovieBlogSympathy Ecards
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own...

Go Back   The Light Beyond Bereavement Forums > Pet loss > Coping with the loss of a pet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 27th, 2012, 10:49

Default A metaphysical model that has helped me

Recently I've been listening to lectures by Thomas Campbell, author of "My Big TOE" and it's helping me accept the death of my cat. That consciousness that I love has simply connected her data stream to a different virtual reality. She hasn't "left" because she was never "here" to begin with and neither was I. It's just that both of our data streams were connected to the same virtual reality and now they are connected to different ones. I can probably connect my data stream to her current virtual reality through meditation eventually, if I practice enough. If not, then definitely upon my own "death" I will be connected to the same reality as her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1vYHOPFgcg

Last edited by nebula : June 27th, 2012 at 11:35.
Old June 27th, 2012, 15:53

Location: Barrow Upon Humber, a village in North Lincolnshire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebula View Post
Recently I've been listening to lectures by Thomas Campbell, author of "My Big TOE" and it's helping me accept the death of my cat. That consciousness that I love has simply connected her data stream to a different virtual reality. She hasn't "left" because she was never "here" to begin with and neither was I. It's just that both of our data streams were connected to the same virtual reality and now they are connected to different ones. I can probably connect my data stream to her current virtual reality through meditation eventually, if I practice enough. If not, then definitely upon my own "death" I will be connected to the same reality as her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1vYHOPFgcg
Hello Nebula,

Oooh I love the new science and it fascinates me! Actually, it's not new, it's what people who lived here on Earth understood in the very distant past, until certain scientists thought they'd proved otherwise. Now we're understanding that there probably are lots of different levels of 'reality' and yet we just cant see them. I believe that our loved ones have just passed on to another 'level' for want of a better word. I also believe that meditation can help us connect to the Universe or God, or whatever we choose to call it. I enjoy it when I remember to practice it, but I haven't done any in a long time. Maybe this is a reminder to start practicing meditation again, so thank you for that I have also found that 'new science' has helped me to understand death a little bit more too. And I know how painful losing a pet cat is, as I've lost 2 of them, and I miss them so much. Barney, the second one actually came back to say goodbye to me and up until then I didn't believe that we could connect to spirit. He changed my life right around

Thank you for posting this and I'm pleased it has helped you.

Hugs, Gail

Kahlil Gibran.
Old March 15th, 2013, 20:21

Bump. Thanks Gail. I drifted around through some different models of reality, trying to figure out what this is all about and why it would be so terrible. After finishing with Thomas Campbell's "Virtual Reality", I moved on to Brian Whitworth's "Virtualism" and then to Robert Lanza's "Biocentrism". These convinced me that a non-physical reality, spirit world or "ghostly realm" of quantum mechanics is indisputable and I don't have a shred of doubt that there is an afterlife anymore. So that's good.

However, just knowing my cat is OK didn't help enough with my grief and depression. Enter Eckhart Tolle. I just discovered him last week and having been reading The Power of Now and watching his stuff on youtube and it helps, big time. I'm a year out from the death of my cat but I still had a lot of lingering depression and misery over it. It's only now after using his techniques that I am finally feeling a little peace. So, if someone is having a hard time, try Eckhart Tolle. He has some videos on youtube. It may help.